ADVERTISEMENT

What 5 coaches from Power 5 conferences would you never want at Kentucky.

A better list is probably which coaches(other than established geezers like Izzo, Wright, etc)to keep an eye on as Cal replacement - USCal coach, UF guy, ??. Marshall should absolutely be the guy but he seems to have weird baggage attached to him.

I think he has to play that style because he doesn't have the horses offensively and can't get them at Virginia. Everyone can learn to play excellent defense because 90% of it is effort. Not everyone can be great offensively. If he had the players to be great offensively, he would switch his style, imo.

But I agree with @YaySports . My choice would be Jay Wright. Can coach and recruit. Plus, he is best dressed in the business NH.
Great minds think alike

Reactions: MWes11
Mike White
Chris Mack
Bryce Drew
Sean miller
Steve Alford

Frank Martin, would be okay, he might be to hard core?

Tony Bennett, offense to boring

Mine would be.

1. - Tony Bennett,- Those 49 to 44 scores are more than I could take.
2. - Sean Miller, - Recruits better than anyone, other than UK, Duke,& Kansas. Yet has never been to a Final 4.
3. - Roy Williams, - He can cheat at UNCheats & get by with it. But if he came here & started his cheating ways. The NCAA would bury us.
4/5 - The Drew brothers, - Bryce, & Scott, - They recruit too well to be at nothing basketball programs. If one of them came here. The NCAA committee on infractions would move their office to Lexington

"Sean Miller,- Recruits better than anyone, other than UK, Duke, & Kansas"
With the FBI investigation, I think we know how Sean Miller was far out recruiting his results at Arizona!! You will never make me believe his right hand man "Book" was doing shady recruiting deals and he didn't know about it! Surely no one believes the FBI just got lucky recording and catching Book cheating the one and only time he has ever done it??

Lot of Tony Bennett hate ITT. Guy has been pretty successful with minimal talent at a school no one cares about. I get his style is boring as hell to watch on the offensive end, but he sure as hell gets his teams ready defensively. I understand people don't want to watch a 53-49 score, but I think if he had the athletes and the talent to go along with his coaching, he could succeed here. Just not sure he could pull in the players that people want (5 stars).

If "pretty successful" includes zero FFs, then yeah.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT