ADVERTISEMENT

wenyen

Nah. My guess is after the MSU visit Cal could see he was lost and immediately made Gabriel a priority. A "long time" probably means a week or so.
Yeah, that was my thinking as well. The done for a while comment kind of threw me off. Like another poster said, though, Gabriel secretly announcing today just days before Bridges had to be Cal's idea.

Reactions: Willy4UK
images
Thanks for the recruit, BBN will be in Phog arena Soon

I think it's cool this dude knew what he was talking about ànd didn't let all the internet tough guys bully him into logging off the site and not coming back. Thanks man. Even the ones who doubted(me included) wanted to be wrong and you to be Right. Most of us Love crow when it helps to make UK better. It's obvious this dude is close to this kids recruitment and even if it only let us know 15 minutes before it broke, its awesome he decided to share with us all. If I'm Wanting info on this kid, this dude will be the first and only guy I go to for legit news.

I saw this thread this morning at like 6 posts. Came back to 5 pages. Figured a troll was getting skewered.

Glad I was wrong. Had to get in on this epic thread. :sunglasses:

Kid broke the news here three and a half hours before the announcement, before twitter, HOB, KSR or anybody else. Big props to the young man.

Kid broke the news here three and a half hours before the announcement, before twitter, HOB, KSR or anybody else. Big props to the young man.

Actually, he started the post last night, which Gabriel said the decision hit him yesterday, so I wonder how kubballfan is connected to Wenyen, lol.

I love it.

I'm checking this thread furiously while I'm teaching class and kubball is posting furiously while in class.

Legendary thread and poster!

How often does news like this really leak on a message board for the first time? I cant remember that ever really happening...?

Reactions: bigc45157
This thread should be forever stickied to discourage the childish bullying that goes down on this site. Thanks for the info OP.

I actually think Cal wanted Gab regardless & with his versatility, if Bridges did choose UK Gab just plays 3 & 4. But with Bridges choosing MSU it just makes GAB that much more of a necessity.
Yep Bridges can be a Cat if he wants to and I still think it might happen . AS this proves - no one knows anything until the very end . I am not counting out Bridges.

Yep, my apologies for doubting you! Hope you'll stick around and talk hoops!

In on this classic thread, but after the drama. Fascinating read, couldn't stop scrolling to each reply. Wonderful lunch time activity.

Lol now that Wenyen is going to Kentucky and one of my best friends is going there for Track, I'm gonna have to become a KU/UK fan. Has that ever happened before??? :joy::joy::joy:

Man I got to give you credit on this one. You were all over this one. You are welcome on this board any time.

Huge props to KU guy. Solid info and there were lots of doubters. You have some serious cred now.

No inside info, but I would say Bridges is definitely headed to MSU. Just take a step back and look at the big picture. UK's SF target were Bridges and Wenyen. Rumors come out that Bridges is a MSU lean. Wenyen commits earlier than expected. Makes perfect sense that the rumors were true and Bridges will be at MSU. That is fine, both schools get great SFs and neither ended up at Puke or UNC.

kubballfan23 major props for the early info. Nailed it.

Thrilled to get Gabriel. I'm on the west coast so I was asleep and then off to work when the "rumblings" started about him committing. Had no clue he was deciding today until I got a notification on my phone from Bleacher Report, so that was a great surprise. Seems like he'll be a great fit under Calipari.

Still hope we get Bridges, but losing him to MSU won't hurt quite as much now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT