ADVERTISEMENT

Well, for those of you who have had...

Are you sure he still has his flower intact? This is Kev we're talking about.....

....lol......talk to you in a bit Kev......enjoy the nap....

Are you sure he still has his flower intact? This is Kev we're talking about.....

....lol......talk to you in a bit Kev......enjoy the nap....
my dr who ordered one was no joke named dr heiney

I work in an Endoscopy Suite. Most Patients HATE the Prep[Understood}. First of ALL let me say...HAVE ONE!!!!! It could SAVE your life!! DO NOT SKIMP ON YOUR PREP! If you aren't totally clean because of a poor prep there is a chance polyps will be missed. We find polyps all the time on most people. Most are non cancerous. Even some smaller cancerous polyps can be taken out with out the need for a BIG OPERATION. EVERYONE should have one at age 50 or whenever their Doctor thinks you need one due to Family History!! You owe it to your Family and Yourself!!
Or even if you have blood in your stool at a much younger age, it's worth considering. I was lucky I went for one in my late 20s because of this.

Well, inquiring minds want to know. (Not see it, just know...) (Not me, inquiring minds.) Has the schmidt hit the fan? Ole Kev should be well enough and home now and ready to post again.

giphy.gif

Well, just up from a really long nap. Glad it’s over with. They removed 3 pre-cancerous polyps.
Doc says I’ll have to have another colonoscopy in three years instead of five the next time. Said if I hadn’t gotten this done it could have become life threatening. I’ve watched too many loved ones die of cancer the last 7 years. I want to die of anything but cancer. I would much prefer having a sudden massive heart attack.

Chemo absolutely sucks. I’ve witnessed first hand the suffering my Mom, Mother in Law, Uncle, and best friend went thru with it, (He was just 48 years old) and all 4 died within 3 years of being diagnosed anyway.

It wasn’t too bad. I was up at 2 this morning on the toilet for about ten minutes to rid myself of everything I had left in my bowels. I went back to sleep until 6, and got to the hospital at 7, and was wheeled back at 8, and home by 10.

My wife went back out at 11 and picked up 2 cheeseburgers and some fries for me. I had no trouble finishing that off. I’m hungry again.

Thanks for all the funny comments. They all made me laugh pretty hard.

Well, just up from a really long nap. Glad it’s over with. They removed 3 pre-cancerous polyps.
Doc says I’ll have to have another colonoscopy in three years instead of five the next time. Said if I hadn’t gotten this done it could have become life threatening. I’ve watched too many loved ones die of cancer the last 7 years. I want to die of anything but cancer. I would much prefer having a sudden massive heart attack.

Chemo absolutely sucks. I’ve witnessed first hand the suffering my Mom, Mother in Law, Uncle, and best friend went thru with it, (He was just 48 years old) and all 4 died within 3 years of being diagnosed anyway.

It wasn’t too bad. I was up at 2 this morning on the toilet for about ten minutes to rid myself of everything I had left in my bowels. I went back to sleep until 6, and got to the hospital at 7, and was wheeled back at 8, and home by 10.

My wife went back out at 11 and picked up 2 cheeseburgers and some fries for me. I had no trouble finishing that off. I’m hungry again.

Absolutely fantastic news. You and I are on the same schedule (every 3 years) and I second what you said about cancer. I am at the age where too many friends and family are leaving us due to that dreaded disease. I am about the oldest in line now. So glad you had it done Kev. You are the man.

Reactions: BBUK and kev69

Good for you my friend..my brother had the same thing done 2 weeks ago and he had to have 3 dysphagiac polyps removed..
I just turned 50 this month, so I have mine coming up..

Good for you my friend..my brother had the same thing done 2 weeks ago and he had to have 3 dysphagiac polyps removed..
I just turned 50 this month, so I have mine coming up..
Thanks. I had put it off. My Doctor got on me pretty hard a couple of months ago when I told him I still hadn’t done it. He said it’s stupid not to do it, because it’s a common killer of people that can be avoided by just getting it done.

Definitely don’t put it off. Like most said, it’s really not bad at all.

Thanks. I had put it off. My Doctor got on me pretty hard a couple of months ago when I told him I still hadn’t done it. He said it’s stupid not to do it, because it’s a common killer of people that can be avoided by just getting it done.

I haven't put it off, my Dr. said I should have one after 50..She's really pretty so I tried talk her into doing it the "ole fashion" way but she said she was married and was afraid we'd get caught.

I haven't put it off, my Dr. said I should have one after 50..She's really pretty so I tried talk her into doing it the "ole fashion" way but she said she was married and was afraid we'd get caught.
Well, it’s good she’s pretty, but don’t let that fool you, she’s still a woman, so it’s a perfect job for her. All women are a pain in the ass.

Well, it’s good she’s pretty, but don’t let that fool you, she’s still a woman, so it’s a perfect job for her. All women are a pain in the ass.

True...but I almost had her talked into "reach around".

What's up with anal probing...
e87e9735-da73-426e-8a7a-5f79d8a003ab_screenshot.jpg

anigif_sub-buzz-14921-1511799271-5.gif

That’s what he told my Wife.

Actually, I just asked my Wife again, she said the Dr. told her the polyps looked to be adenoma, which could grow and become cancerous if not removed.

http://www.ameripath.com/adenomatous-polyps

http://www.ameripath.com/hyperplastic-polyps

Adenomatous polyps sometimes develop into cancer (<10% of them do so).

Hyperplastic polyps hardly ever do so. They're almost always benign but are removed to make sure.

Biopsy will tell you for sure what kind it is and whether or not there are already pre-cancerous changes (dysplasia) in it.

Most likely it's benign, whichever type it is.

Reactions: kev69
http://www.ameripath.com/adenomatous-polyps

http://www.ameripath.com/hyperplastic-polyps

Adenomatous polyps sometimes develop into cancer (<10% of them do so).

Hyperplastic polyps hardly ever do so. They're almost always benign but are removed to make sure.

Biopsy will tell you for sure what kind it is and whether or not there are already pre-cancerous changes (dysplasia) in it.

Most likely it's benign, whichever type it is.

Thanks. I appreciate the info. Head is now completely clear.

Doc didn’t seem concerned. He just said I’ll probably need another one in three years instead of the 5 or ten years some people need.

Reactions: crpoore
I'm envious of all you who craved a cheeseburger (or really, any food) after a colonoscopy. I've had a few, and every time I wake up I feel nauseated. It takes me a couple of days of recovery before I can eat normal again.

Reactions: kev69
had about 5 of them.... piece of cake... the prep is where it's at:):):)..... afterwards... have someone drive you home, stop on the way and eat a cheeseburger... when home take a nap... easy.

I'm envious of all you who craved a cheeseburger (or really, any food) after a colonoscopy. I've had a few, and every time I wake up I feel nauseated. It takes me a couple of days of recovery before I can eat normal again.
smoke a doobie on the way home....
Dr. Robo

Reactions: homeytheclown
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT