ADVERTISEMENT

Well, for those of you who have had...

It’s about as equivalent to having some random dude stick his finger up your arse hole.

Reactions: kev69
Had a few. You will never know anything has happened unless by the off chance they use too much air and you'll feel gas pain/bloated for a while after.

Prep can be made easier by easing off eating for a day or two before.

Whatever you eat afterwards, will be the best tasting thing you've put in your mouth since Thursday last. I always crave cheeseburgers.

Had a few. You will never know anything has happened unless by the off chance they use too much air and you'll feel gas pain/bloated for a while after.

Prep can be made easier by easing off eating for a day or two before.

Whatever you eat afterwards, will be the best tasting thing you've put in your mouth since Thursday last. I always crave cheeseburgers.
Thanks.

I’m fasting the rest of tonight and tomorrow, and going in early on Tuesday. Someone else also told me I would be extremely hungry leaving the procedure. Cheeseburgers are probably what I’ll eat.

Prep is horrible. Procedure itself is nothing. You won't even remember it. If the dr had not given me pictures i would not have believed I had one done.

Reactions: kev69 and GhostVol
It's a non event ... some might say an easy way to lose a couple of pounds. Seriously, there's not much to it now days.

Reactions: JDHoss and kev69
Aside from the butt piss the day before it was not a big deal. Driving home was a bitch.

lol, they let you drive home?
They made sure I had someone to drive me, pretty loopy for a bit.

But as everyone stated above, the prep sucks ( but it's better than what it was the first time).Going easy on food for a day before helped.
You won't remember the actual procedure if they do it right.
Lost ten pounds.

Cheeseburgers is what I stopped for on the way home. Tasted great.

Good luck.

Best way to prep is two bottles of lemon lime magnesium citrate (off the shelf at your pharmacy)

That gallon of stuff they want you to drink is awful and cold necessary)

Day before, at noon,drink the first bottle of mag citrate. Drink the next one 4 hours later.

The procedure is ridiculously easy.

You WILL need a driver to get you home.

Had one two years ago. Hopefully you are scheduled first thing in the morning. If not, that's going to be a long morning as you prep the day before. Once I had my first drink of the stuff for prep, I thought it was weak as I did not take my first shit for 20 minutes. Don't let it fool you...you will be pissing it all out before long. I woke up in the middle of the night a few times thinking I had shit the bed but luckily I had not. Procedure is nothing. Waking up was definitely loopy and hungry AF. Pictures were cool at the time but once you are not under the drugs, hard to look at.

Had mine last year. Couldn’t eat for 24 hours before the procedure. Constantly sipping broth and water helps with the hunger pangs. And yes, you WILL eat hearty afterwards!

It’s not as bad as advertised. For the prep, take the pills. Forget that liquid. As for the procedure, you will be asleep and not know the first thing about it. You’ll wake up in recovery and that will be that.

@Kooky Kats with solid advice - buy some flushable wipes. You'll be doing a lot of both...wiping & flushing. Like everyone has said, prep sucks but the actual procedure is a piece of cake. You'll be out, never know what happened. I played golf 4 hours later...best golf of my life. Ive been debating on whether or not to schedule a colonoscopy every time I play golf....

lol, they let you drive home?
They made sure I had someone to drive me, pretty loopy for a bit.

But as everyone stated above, the prep sucks ( but it's better than what it was the first time).Going easy on food for a day before helped.
You won't remember the actual procedure if they do it right.
Lost ten pounds.

Cheeseburgers is what I stopped for on the way home. Tasted great.

Good luck.
I was kidding about driving home. There’s just no way.

Had my first one in May. Silly me, I thought I would be able to attend several of my daughters' school events after drinking the prep. Others disabused me of that notion, and glad they did.

First time I have ever been on a wheeled hospital bed, at 47 years old.

Prep was nasty, procedure was simple, you won't remember it.

What is it about craving cheeseburgers after a colonoscopy. I had mine a few months ago, and seriously, it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be, but damned if I didn't want a big cheeseburger afterwards. Had my daughter stop at Five Guys to get my burger fix.

What is it about craving cheeseburgers after a colonoscopy. I had mine a few months ago, and seriously, it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be, but damned if I didn't want a big cheeseburger afterwards. Had my daughter stop at Five Guys to get my burger fix.

I craved cheeseburgers before and after. The hunger and the diarrhea prep is the worst. Procedure was a great nap......I can see why Michael Jackson got addicted.

@Kooky Kats with solid advice - buy some flushable wipes. You'll be doing a lot of both...wiping & flushing. Like everyone has said, prep sucks but the actual procedure is a piece of cake. You'll be out, never know what happened. I played golf 4 hours later...best golf of my life. Ive been debating on whether or not to schedule a colonoscopy every time I play golf....
LOL

Reactions: crpoore
I had one about 6 months ago. The prep is probably the worst part. They knocked me out so it went smooth and my apprehensions were unfounded. But I am so thankful I did it because they found a precancerous polyp that was large. Now I go back in three years.

I know of at least 4 friends and 1 family member that have died of colon cancer in the past few years. I highly recommend one when you get to a certain age.

See, and I actually prefer using Go Lightly. But, I no longer have the option to alter prep. It's do/use what they say or no coverage. His insurance may be the same way.

Oh, they WANT me to use that, and I tell them I will, but then I don't.

Reactions: FusterCluck
It's do/use what they say or no coverage. His insurance may be the same way.
HTF will "they" know unless someone tells them? There's no magic to the prep method -- as long as the colon is clean the doc doesn't care.

It's a non event ... some might say an easy way to lose a couple of pounds. Seriously, there's not much to it now days.

^^^^This....no big deal. The prep is inconvenient because you can['t do anything except sit around the house and stay close to the bathroom, but that's about it.

It's all true. I'd forgotten the sore throat part. I was so damn hungry afterwards, DW stopped & got me a burger on way home. I ate it & promptly took a 3 hour nap.

You can tell who's 50+ on this site now. :sunglasses:

You'll probably have three in your life: 55, 65, & 75. If you make to 85 they'll figure something else will get you & not worry about it.

HTF will "they" know unless someone tells them? There's no magic to the prep method -- as long as the colon is clean the doc doesn't care.
Apparently, some do better than others. To say they were adamant about it would be an understatement.

I figured if I veered from the course and didn't get cleaned out to their liking, I'd have to do it again. I figure this isn't a fight worth fighting nor a risk worth taking.

My dad had colon cancer so I had to get one before 50. I’m forever on the 5 year plan. Got another coming up in a year and a half.

ADVERTISEMENT