ADVERTISEMENT

Well, for those of you who have had...

...a colonoscopy, how bad is it?

Please tell me it’s not as bad as attending the Duke/UK basketball game a couple of weeks ago,

I’m having mine done on Tuesday.

Spread'em and go to sleep. You are in good hands... (Not my hands but good hands.) Bless you brother. about five or so years ago. Almost coming up on another one...

Oh, take the medicine and follow directions. A guy that had his about the same time I did came out farting and schmidting... of course he followed directions. yeah, the doctor's have never done it before...he fooled them. Of course he gets charged twice... Dang that was nasty to hear...

Prep sucks. They ‘drink’ that I’ve used (twice) tastes worst than crapping your brains out feels.
Procedure is fine. Best nap you’ll ever take.
You will say some crazy shit afterwards, so I hope you don’t have any secrets.
Pretty much where I am. The drink for the prep is horrible. I couldn't even finish it last time as I nearly threw up. Hopefully you have better luck with it. The procedure itself is completely painless given the drug for anesthesia (think I typically get Versed).

Have had to have colonoscopies every 4-5 years starting in my late 20s as I had blood in my stool and they find a polyp every time. I'm fortunate I got tested at a much younger age than is normally recommended.

Spread'em and go to sleep. You are in good hands... (Not my hands but good hands.) Bless you brother. about five or so years ago. Almost coming up on another one...

Oh, take the medicine and follow directions. A guy that had his about the same time I did came out farting and schmidting... of course he followed directions. yeah, the doctor's have never done it before...he fooled them. Of course he gets charged twice... Dang that was nasty to hear...
I just took my first bottle an hour ago. I have to take the next one at 10

I’ve already been to the restroom twice. Oh well, it’s going to be a long night. My procedure is tomorrow morning at 7:00 am, so at least it will be over early.

I woke up for about 3 minutes in the middle of mine. Talked to the doctor and watched part of the procedure on screen before dozing off again. They made sure I had someone to drive me home. Good day of rest.

...a colonoscopy, how bad is it?

Please tell me it’s not as bad as attending the Duke/UK basketball game a couple of weeks ago,

I’m having mine done on Tuesday.
It’s not that bad just pray they don’t puncture your intestines , I was awake and cognizant during mine, don’t be embarrassed to fArt in the hospital

Yeah your intestines will be totally pink it’s pretty cool but also a very necessary procedure I had one when i was 26

Reactions: kev69
26? I’m guessing you have some family history?
No it was not a fun couple weeks but I got it sorted knock on wood I guess times have changed Cuz I was wide awake asking questions , They told me to rip away and I as like no way but U cant help it

Best way to prep is two bottles of lemon lime magnesium citrate (off the shelf at your pharmacy)

That gallon of stuff they want you to drink is awful and cold necessary)

Day before, at noon,drink the first bottle of mag citrate. Drink the next one 4 hours later.

The procedure is ridiculously easy.

You WILL need a driver to get you home.
This..do this...so much better than that big bottle of lemon awfulness.

I’ve already been to the restroom twice. Oh well, it’s going to be a long night. My procedure is tomorrow morning at 7:00 am, so at least it will be over early.

You might want to take the next bottle earlier. Often takes 3-4 hrs for you to stop.....and you don’t want to be up till 2.

I saw an article somewhere that a pharmaceutical company is testing something new for the prep. I think it was some type of bread or a cookie. They need to get this done in the next two years.

If they find pre cancerous polyps you be back in three years...if they don't then it is five. Good luck.

Dang, I will have to re-look my results I was thinking they told me ten years... I had what looked like a big ole thing inside but they stated it was nothing. I got copies to my son who works in the field and his doctor stated it was nothing too. Looked like it needed removing to me but they didn't...

Pics or it didn't happen?.....lolololol

You won't feel a thing. But the worse part is when they tell you they took the scope out of your ass and run it the other way down your throat.

Such jokesters.

It’s the prep.

Rocket diarrhea for a day, violent spray kind... use moist wipes.

Enjoy.
Yep, Yep, and Yep.

On a public service announcement note, it’s not a pleasant experience but it’s an important one from a long term health standpoint. My dad had a colonoscopy back in 2007 at age 71, and a cancerous polyp was discovered. The doctors spliced about a foot of his colon out and reconnected it, and he’s been cancer-free since then.

I had one done three years ago when I turned 50, and a benign polyp was removed.

You’re probably enjoying the process right now @kev69.....

Thanks. I’ll probably do that, but the instructions said take one bottle at 5 and the other at 10

For next time......since you can’t anything except clear liquids all day, it really doesn’t matter when you clear your system that day. That being said you have to space out the doses. So, if your Doc wants 5 hrs between doses, I would’ve taken #1 at noon and #2 at five......then get a good nights rest.

Pics or it didn't happen?.....lolololol
LOL. I’m not sure how I’m going to keep any dignity with the procedure tomorrow.
I guess I’ll be medicated to where I don’t care.

It hasn’t been too bad so far. Three times to the toilet and stuff flying out of me like it’s being sprayed with a fire hose. I always use that Poo Pouri stuff anyway, so I can’t smell anything.

My next bottle of that stuff is at 10, so hopefully I’ve already gotten most of the crap out of me.

I know one thing, I’m going to eat like a condemned prisoner tomorrow, because I’m already hungry.

Last edited:
I saw an article somewhere that a pharmaceutical company is testing something new for the prep. I think it was some type of bread or a cookie. They need to get this done in the next two years.
There used to be a pill you could take. I know I took it for one of my procedures and it seemed to work but I think it was pulled because it doesn't clean you out as well as that horrible liquid concoction.

Dang, I will have to re-look my results I was thinking they told me ten years... I had what looked like a big ole thing inside but they stated it was nothing. I got copies to my son who works in the field and his doctor stated it was nothing too. Looked like it needed removing to me but they didn't...
About 4 years ago they pulled 2 large and 3 small out of me. They were pre cancerous. Last year they pulled 3 small and 2 of them were pre cancerous. Since there were pre cancerous polyps I get to go back at 3 years. If there were no pre cancerous it would be 5.

I remember seeing the beginning of mine on the screen. They turned it on and I could see the floor, then movement, then my bare butt, then...... entry. It would make one hell of an Imax movie. I think it would feel like this:
McVJ.gif

As for the drugs, I woke up to smiles and giggles. They never told me why.

About 4 years ago they pulled 2 large and 3 small out of me. They were pre cancerous. Last year they pulled 3 small and 2 of them were pre cancerous. Since there were pre cancerous polyps I get to go back at 3 years. If there were no pre cancerous it would be 5.

Sorry to hear that but thanks for the information. I will recheck my paperwork. I found it last night and will re-look it this evening. I hope all goes well for you.

I work in an Endoscopy Suite. Most Patients HATE the Prep[Understood}. First of ALL let me say...HAVE ONE!!!!! It could SAVE your life!! DO NOT SKIMP ON YOUR PREP! If you aren't totally clean because of a poor prep there is a chance polyps will be missed. We find polyps all the time on most people. Most are non cancerous. Even some smaller cancerous polyps can be taken out with out the need for a BIG OPERATION. EVERYONE should have one at age 50 or whenever their Doctor thinks you need one due to Family History!! You owe it to your Family and Yourself!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT