ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome Coach Brooks!!

Mickie DeMoss and Matthew Mitchell were able to do some very good things here at UK. But somehow, neither could ever seem to get completely over the hump. Mitchell in particular had some fabulous teams, but they always seemed to lack the interior size needed to be able to really go head to head with the truly elite women's programs. I think this is something that Kenny Brooks will address. He will recruit and develop at a level that will allow us to get over that hump and reach the Final Four. And with a little luck, I think he can win one or more national championships here. This is a really, really good hire and I'm very excited to see how far he can elevate our women's program.

I didn't know much about him from the press conference but got a good vibe from him. I think this will be a big upgrade for the women's team and I look forward to seeing what he can do for the program.

as soon as he said he was gonna lean on cal for coaching advice I was like oh no, you've already lost half of us lmao, Cal has none to give lmao
Yes please don’t do that you’d have better advice talking to the wall over there….Like you said that’s a wagon you don’t want to hitch too at the present moment….

might need to talk to Wolford, Steward, and Marrow if SEC Women play the same way the men play.

Mickie DeMoss and Matthew Mitchell were able to do some very good things here at UK. But somehow, neither could ever seem to get completely over the hump. Mitchell in particular had some fabulous teams, but they always seemed to lack the interior size needed to be able to really go head to head with the truly elite women's programs. I think this is something that Kenny Brooks will address. He will recruit and develop at a level that will allow us to get over that hump and reach the Final Four. And with a little luck, I think he can win one or more national championships here. This is a really, really good hire and I'm very excited to see how far he can elevate our women's program.
This is the best Junior class ever in KY girls basketball, perfect timing for him to come in. He can turn it around real quick.

I really think it's a home run hire. On top of that he is a very likable guy. Now he has to try and put together a roster. The women's roster is in pretty bad shape. I wonder if any of his freshman class will try to come with him.

Shoot in a few years he may have the women's team playing better than the men's . Maybe Cal can learn something from him. We will see.

Hokie WBB fan coming over to talk about the Kenny Brooks hire. Graduated from VT and have a daughter who graduated from UK and swam on the SEC champion swim team.

I'm interested to see how KBs style translates to SEC play, especially against LSU and USCe. I love his style - but not everyone does. in the most general terms, I think he plays a more "Euro" style of bball and not the "American" style that many do.

The one criticism he generally gets is his style does not hold up well when the game is "physical." You can find many interviews of him complaining about the women's game being too physical. So we'll see how he adapts to SEC play.

As far as UKs roster, I expect him to at least bring his current recruiting class for VT to UK. He has a top 40 recruit out of FL, Lexi Blue, and there is a 6'7" player coming from Portugal (more Euro style). She's not ranked but generally it is believed she would be a Top 20 player if she was.

Also we expect many of the current roster to come with him. If they do you will have a competitive team from the start. It will be interesting to see how that plays out.

Reactions: ~UK~
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT