ADVERTISEMENT

We need Vanderbilt

Well a win over UOfL is needed or we will have lost to the three best teams we've played 12 games in. We definitely need a win or this board will be in full meltdown mode.

Something has to improve on their defense and hustle or we will be N.I.T bound.

Prolly the most controlled player on the roster. It has really slowed us down with him being out. Again. I'm not looking for him to score 20 a game, but 4-6 rebounds, 1-2 steals, 3 assists for a 6-9 guy will help us tremendously

Something has to improve on their defense and hustle or we will be N.I.T bound.
It’s a very real possibility that we will go into the SEC Tournament with work to do to make the big dance. I’m not complaining about it, I’m not mad about it, I’m not down on the guys, I’m not mad at Cal. I’m simply making a realistic assessment of this team and have thought so from Day One. There will likely be no OOC wins over ranked teams and 10-8/11-7 in the league looks pretty likely to me. The good news is that a lot of these guys will be back next year so 2019 could be glorious.

He better be a stud, otherwise, we’re looking at a 10-12 loss season.

I agree, I’ve said that since the beginning of the season. We don’t have know one that can just get us a bucket when we need it. Trae Young was a huge miss.

The guy should red shirt and come back next season ready to ball.
Why redshirt? It's not like he's going to be here for 4 years where a redshirt would give him a year back that he lost. He might as well play what he can this year to get a taste, then play a full season in 18/19 and bolt. Redshirting does nothing for JV.

He better be better than Jordan to help this group.
tumblr_o2icefZ4Fa1qkh5k8o2_r1_500.gif

Y’all are writing checks Vanderbilt can’t cash. He has been injured, had a medical procedure, been away from the team but when he does return he is expected to excel at a game he has NEVER played, that being D1 college basketball. It will be faster, against stronger players with a team which has ever played with him, nor he with them.

He may make us better, but you could be looking at a 10 - 15 game process. The expectations from a kid are simply outrageous.

Sometimes it just takes on unselfish player to make everyone understand to trust in each other. I think this team is selfish because they want to win so bad and they don't trust one another. And we are not closed to being in shape. Not sure that will change though!

I’m not convinced JV will play this year. I’d say 2-3 week window. If he doesn’t play by then I don’t think he will. Hope he does and hope he does great.
YOU KNOW NOTHING JEDWAR

These kids are NOT coming back. If they are projected first rounders they are gone, period! Right now we will lose Diallo, Vanderbilt, Washington, Knox and Richards! I just can't believe when people say the good news is most are coming back. They come to UK for one reason. I am perfectly fine with it but am now very realistic about who could possibly return. Humphries scores 10 pts against UNC in elite 8 and bolts. I still love CAL!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT