ADVERTISEMENT

We Have Ourselves An Elite Guard

Yep. He’s the real deal. Thought for awhile last year he had fell off some. Nope! Kid is elite! Absolute jet!
And, he’s pretty advanced for a HS kid, too. His footwork & ability to get to the rim AND finish are next level. Very good mid-range game, as well. He’d be damn near unguardable if he can tighten up his stroke & get in the neighborhood of 40% from 3.

I really like every player in our class & I think the potential is there for a special season, with the right supporting cast & approach. It’s just hard for me to expect much when the coach is more interested in Walnut Grove drama than scouting our opponents & puts together lineup combinations like he’s drawing names out of a hat.

And, he’s pretty advanced for a HS kid, too. His footwork & ability to get to the rim AND finish are next level. Very good mid-range game, as well. He’d be damn near unguardable if he can tighten up his stroke & get in the neighborhood of 40% from 3.

I really like every player in our class & I think the potential is there for a special season, with the right supporting cast & approach. It’s just hard for me to expect much when the coach is more interested in Walnut Grove drama than scouting our opponents & puts together lineup combinations like he’s drawing names out of a hat.
Excellent analysis, per usual. His footwork and balance is pro level. Has a very good base. Strong for a young kid as well. Love this class also. Really wish we could’ve gotten Holland.

Reactions: JHannibalSmith
Wait until the first Big Blue Madness where he will be taught that you only have to compete sometimes. We will squeeze the competitive spirit out of these guys.

Reactions: NociHTTP
Yep. He’s the real deal. Thought for awhile last year he had fell off some. Nope! Kid is elite! Absolute jet!

Leach had a guest on the other day who was talking about how many think Wagner went through some burnout last summer.

Had led team through HS year all the way to state title. Went straight to Team USA activities and then AAU circuit.

Wagner is for sure elite, will likely be more in the Wall, Fox mold than what we've been used to lately.

This is a good group, but young. Cal needs to knock it out of the park with the Portal.
Cal is going to have a tough time crushing it in the portal.

Unless Ugo leaves, we don’t have a single starting spot to offer a transfer. It’s not necessarily a bad problem to have but the best transfers aren’t looking to sign up for a role off the bench.

It’s been awhile but since Kentucky has had an elite guard like Wagner. He’s really showing his ability at the McDonald’s game, I’m really impressed.
Draftcat flipped out after Q1 last night…..said that they all sucked and we were going to suck next year. Didn’t he beg to be a moderator ? SMH

Unless Ugo leaves, we don’t have a single starting spot to offer a transfer. It’s not necessarily a bad problem to have but the best transfers aren’t looking to sign up for a role off the bench.
Agreed. However, it depends on who said transfer is. If it’s an all conference player from a power 5 or something like that, they might be able to start at UK next season. I know that’s not highly likely, but you never know.

Agreed. However, it depends on who said transfer is. If it’s an all conference player from a power 5 or something like that, they might be able to start at UK next season. I know that’s not highly likely, but you never know.
Definitely just need everyone to announce whether they’re staying or going so a plan can be made on who to go after in the portal.

I’ve got to imagine that there’s going to be some talented guys that can really help who are looking to cash in on NIL opportunities more than trying to get a guaranteed 30mpg.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
He is good, but let’s not do this to ourselves again. Let’s wait and see these freshman actually play games that matter before we make any quick opinions about the.

I think of Maxey with him. Powerfully built for a 6'3 high school guard who's got some good hops and get hot from deep but is just a downhill runner to the rim and can lead a team. Little more fiesty than Maxey but similar style.

Definitely just need everyone to announce whether they’re staying or going so a plan can be made on who to go after in the portal.

I’ve got to imagine that there’s going to be some talented guys that can really help who are looking to cash in on NIL opportunities more than trying to get a guaranteed 30mpg.
Yeah, man. We REALLY need to cash in on this NIL regarding transfers. I know Cal is kinda stubborn in some aspects of that. He needs to lighten up, sign some dudes and fill out the roster!

100% this ^^^^ most, if not all, portal transfers are guys seeking to maximize their playing situation … it will be difficult to find productive players who are willing to share time, unfortunately.

Reactions: Rockford
Yeah, man. We REALLY need to cash in on this NIL regarding transfers. I know Cal is kinda stubborn in some aspects of that. He needs to lighten up, sign some dudes and fill out the roster!
Agreed.

Ultimately, I think we’re going to be looking at Mintz and Sestina type guys to fill out the roster.

If Dillingham doesn’t make it, which I hope he does, then Cal could and should go all in on the best guard the portal has to offer.

Agreed.

Ultimately, I think we’re going to be looking at Mintz and Sestina type guys to fill out the roster.

If Dillingham doesn’t make it, which I hope he does, then Cal could and should go all in on the best guard the portal has to offer.
Absolutely and no more Wheeler types. Need guys that are actually skilled and are versatile and can make shots.

Agreed.

PF should be the priority in the portal. A stretch like Sestina would be great. I also like the stocky Ivy league kid they reached out to.

Absolutely and no more Wheeler types. Need guys that are actually skilled and are versatile and can make shots.

Couple hard nosed guards like Mintz would be great actually. Even if just for the freshmen practicing against them.

Feel good now about DW and RS. Would like to have an experienced portal guard to go with those two and RD so we have four true guards in case of injury.

I don't know guys I was told not to evaluate players in meaningless allstar games.... guess we need to wait until they are on campus.

No way have we been getting players like this guy. Cason is good but he wasn’t as good as this guy.
I don’t know, Cason was forced to play lead guard, so we never really got to see Cason in the spot he should have been in.

That interview with milt was hilarious. I honestly don’t think that reporter knew he coached at Louisville

Wagner seemed to fall down a lot. That was odd.

Different shoes, kiddo. Different shoes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT