ADVERTISEMENT

We desperately need good CBs in the portal

PensacolaBlue

Blue Chip Prospect
Nov 26, 2022
Maxwell is decent and Phillips is gone. Our backups are not Div 1 level so we need a couple of experienced corners from the portal. We struck out last year completely, and I hope those guys transfer back out. We need help in other areas like the OL as well but this seems to be the biggest need going into the offseason. If we don’t, it won’t matter how good the rest of the team is.

Majorly. CB #3 and #4 cost us this game. No clue why we always have 1 or 1 1/2 good corners but zero depth
You ain’t kidding.

Jordan Robinson is probably one of handful worst cb I can remember at Ky that actually played

I get the feeling hardawy they expected a lot more from him. You csnt go into 2024 without a solid portal addition. Also running tbru all the transfers that left is hurting us know. We needed some of those kids to stay and develop

You ain’t kidding.

Jordan Robinson is probably one of handful worst cb I can remember at Ky that actually played

I get the feeling hardawy they expected a lot more from him. You csnt go into 2024 without a solid portal addition. Also running tbru all the transfers that left is hurting us know. We needed some of those kids to stay and develop

Worst I saw since dort at UK and both for the same reason: play way too soft, won't react, and won't come up. Hard to believe we had two that bad in a handful of years.

Jq I think will be ok. He plays too soft in coverage and is slow to react, but he showed flashes and when he finally reacts he does not shy away from contact.

Worst I saw since dort at UK and both for the same reason: play way too soft, won't react, and won't come up. Hard to believe we had two that bad in a handful of years.

Jq I think will be ok. He plays too soft in coverage and is slow to react, but he showed flashes and when he finally reacts he does not shy away from contact.
Hardaway had a decent game vs Clemson, 7 tackles, part of a sack, a TFL, forced fumble, PBU....pretty good stat sheet. Dunn made a few plays too. These guys are showing signs of developing which is good.

Early Stoops was bringing in a JUCO DB or 2 every year....Lonnie Johnson, Echols, Mosely but then got away from that. May need to revisit that tactic.

Hardaway had a decent game vs Clemson, 7 tackles, part of a sack, a TFL, forced fumble, PBU....pretty good stat sheet. Dunn made a few plays too. These guys are showing signs of developing which is good.

Early Stoops was bringing in a JUCO DB or 2 every year....Lonnie Johnson, Echols, Mosely but then got away from that. May need to revisit that tactic.

Hardaway will be fine imo. He plays too far off which is frustrating. But he has a good look to him. Once he gets more confident in his understanding of our zones, he will come to trust his safeties and not be so afraid to play more aggressive.

Posters complain about soft zone but when CBS play it as coached there is nothing soft about it. We have probably one of those most complex cover schemes out there (personally I wish they'd ditch some of the complexity) and the CBS are coached to be very aggressive.

Hardaway will be fine imo. He plays too far off which is frustrating. But he has a good look to him. Once he gets more confident in his understanding of our zones, he will come to trust his safeties and not be so afraid to play more aggressive.

Posters complain about soft zone but when CBS play it as coached there is nothing soft about it. We have probably one of those most complex cover schemes out there (personally I wish they'd ditch some of the complexity) and the CBS are coached to be very aggressive.
I don't have a problem with playing zone....most teams play zone that win national titles a good portion of the game (UGA, Bama, Clemson......not overly familiar with Michigan/Washington).

But UK CBs as a rule don't read their keys very fundamentally. Like when the QBs front hand comes off the ball in passing motion, when QBs shoulders/head are locking in on a direction....you have to put your foot in ground and explode to all players in the direction of his shoulder....not just when ball is in the air.

UK DBs are not as fundamental in zone scheme after House/Clink/Dean Hood. And this notion of UK coaching staff on fundamentals is really the driving reason for UK's slip the past 2 years. Guys like Schlarman as well on Oline, etc...our players are just as as sound in execution as 5 years ago....something Stoops himself needs to look at in the mirror.

Maxwell is decent and Phillips is gone. Our backups are not Div 1 level so we need a couple of experienced corners from the portal. We struck out last year completely, and I hope those guys transfer back out. We need help in other areas like the OL as well but this seems to be the biggest need going into the offseason. If we don’t, it won’t matter how good the rest of the team is.
[/QUOTE]
This and a coach that can grow a pair and grab the bull by the horns unbelievable pansy ass coaching

Stoops happy with recruiting class & portal gets from what I read. Net, no need to be concerned.

Stoops happy with recruiting class & portal gets from what I read. Net, no need to be concerned.
His post game talked about getting back to work and working on things that will make us a better team "getting back to work" man I have heard that for 12 years

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT