ADVERTISEMENT

We are Indiana Now

Reactions: saxonburgcat
So, you go back and dig up every horrible game you can come up with just to prove that UK is as bad as IU. Seriously? Dude, you need to take a course in research. We blew KU out at KU a few years ago. Does that mean that we are better than Kansas? I can help you with that. It was ONE freakin game. In the grand scheme, it is meaningless.
I do not dig up anything. I know.

St Peters, Oakland, KSt are meaningless. Log off B-rad.

• Haha
Reactions: saxonburgcat
About as relevant as any other mid-major team, who is frantic to win their conference and fails to do so.

We are like a mid-major program now.

We used to be feared, Oakland was excited to play us in the tourney...

All these red flags, just don't add up to success.

Ummmmm, you do knnow that these mid-major programs are delighted to play against the best, don't you? Do you watch the selection show and watch these kids go nuts when they are paired with the number 1 seed and do you read the interviews before the game? Of course Oakland was excited to play a traditional blue blood. They played their hearts out too.

That is interesting. I was just reading about this. Scientists discovered in February that remembering the score of Duke vs. Kentucky in 2018 is in fact a hallmark of intelligence.

In fact, it says right here that your IQ is 168.

Congrats my friend.
My memory has been measured at 1 in 10,000. Have a nice life.

I do not dig up anything. I know.

St Peters, Oakland, KSt are meaningless. Log off B-rad.

Oh my! We have a poster who apparently gets our worst losses tatooed on his chest or something. Seriously, wowsers dude. Maybe you need to take a break or something. I would rather remember games like the comeback against Duke or the blow out of KU. I do always remember the Georgetown game but I have an unhealthy obsession with that game and deep seated hatred of Georgetown. I do try to let it go. But, once in a while it pops back up. Not a healthy way to live.

How could we be considered the best, when Oakland knew we had flaws?

Just a matter of time before our program becomes forgotten by die-hard sports fans who remember the winningest programs....I can see the writing on the wall.

Cal hates zone defense and Oakland played it the entire game...

It's just crap now wrapped up in a shiny present.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
Oh my! We have a poster who apparently gets our worst losses tatooed on his chest or something. Seriously, wowsers dude. Maybe you need to take a break or something. I would rather remember games like the comeback against Duke or the blow out of KU. I do always remember the Georgetown game but I have an unhealthy obsession with that game and deep seated hatred of Georgetown. I do try to let it go. But, once in a while it pops back up. Not a healthy way to live.
Good night Ellen

How could we be considered the best, when Oakland knew we had flaws?
Many picked us to win it all. As I recall, we were strongly favored by bettors in Vegas or something like that. I don't follow betting so I don't know what that work. Anyway, UK has a national rep and mid-majors dream of beating us even in down years.

Reactions: UKAlum84
You didn’t say it like it was an opinion. You stated it as a fact

I never used the word fact or opinion, you're right...but surely you didn't think I was in the meeting, right?

Also, this thread is stated as fact that we are turning into Indiana basketball. Which is total BS btw IMHO...I was specifically replying to a person stating their "facts" on us turning into IU...which makes me want to throw up in my mouth that any of our fans actually think that.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood2.0
This is how we fade into irrelevance for decades.

Even if that conman makes all these changes (which he won’t), he’s still the same awful in game coach he’s always been. That will never change.

Mitch deserves to be fired for simply delaying the inevitable disappointment. How can you be this out of touch?

F ‘em all
Pathetic comment jerk.

The danger in becoming IU is when your state no longer revolves around your basketball program.

Are we there yet? Certainly doesn’t seem so when there are 100 threads posted daily about the same subject and hundreds of messages on each one.

After this coming season 1 of 2 things will happen:

1: cal will be motivated again and we will be a 1/2 seed, make a deep run and everyone will be happy again

2: we will flame out, in this case Cal is most certainly fired. If the next hire is a mike Davis or Tom crean type we certainly could become IU. Still a ways away from that though.

I mean objectively we're not even close. Indiana has been two the second weekend three times in the past 20 years.
Let's talk about this decade.

Where UK is right now.

UK is closer to relevance than IU.

UK at this moment is no more relevant than IU.

Preseason Indiana is guaranteed 32 games. Preseason Kentucky is likely to play 33 games.

Last edited:
Reactions: CROCAT
Meh. Calipari has led UK to 2 play-in game losses in the last three seasons. St Peter’s and Oakland are play-in game losses. Indiana at least wins their play-in games.

I’d take Woodson over Calipari. Woodson actually gives a flip. I would even take Crean over Calipari. Calipari is just cashing checks.

Last edited:
It’s been like 40 years since Indiana won a title. UK won one in 2012.you can’t even compare the two.

Just a reminder that......

ronald reagan GIF

Ronald Reagan was telling Gorbachev to tear down the Berlin Wall the last time IU was relevant.

Axl Rose GIF by Guns N' Roses

Axl Rose's voice didn't sound like he had gargled razorblades the last time IU was relevant

Patrick Swayze Film GIF by Lionsgate Home Entertainment

Patrick Swayze was dirty dancing the last time IU was relevant

Season 3 GIF by The Simpsons

The Simpson's made their debut the last time IU was relevant

Reactions: kyboy1998
Not only are we mediocre but the program is a complete sh*t show behind the scenes…yet Mitch still brought Cal back. Complete ineptitude.

Maybe we’re more of an embarrassment than IU

Reactions: cathead64
5CFBF73D-6283-4BE3-8555-9E86F1E4EA60.jpeg.181c20c8b188f48ab09838d1323e7b35.jpeg

Indiana and Uk are both trash but IU is far worse.
-Both have top 5 NIL and funding.
(Maybe rumors are true and you guys actually suck at NiL, however IU players get paid)
-Both have huge fanbases that buy tickets and watch commercials.
-both have success in multiple decades which means fans from multiple generations (u conn sorry)
How and is IU relative to its resources and fan base? Think about that.

UK has about 4 years of true superiority over Indiana, as the 2016 B1G champs were IUs last whiff of national relevance in a decade of being very good and mediocre year over year. UK has been better since Sampson, no doubt, but IU did field competitive teams that had a chance even if they choked when it mattered. Let’s not debate the details of who’s better by how much. We all know generally speaking where things fall.

IU decided when Crean flopped with a great class in 2017 to move on to greener pastures and get someone more consistently good. Creans highs were high but his lows were low. We were NIT floor and sweet 16 ceiling with some B1G championships. Let’s take another step up right?

You have to understand that IU, UK, Michigan football, Alabama, has a lot of money and a lot of interest. They’re basically social clubs for rich people.

When Crean started struggling in 2017 the former players and boosters and admin all wanted to get their own guy. The NBA old guard wanted Woodson, they were friends with the big boosters. The former players who weren’t NBA wanted their guy, Alford. The admin wanted a different guy. Somebody was going to win.

They all were playing politics. The admin decided to cut support for crean and screwed him mid season so a firing would go over well with the fans. He’s been saying this recently, the admin was totally toxic the last year and tried to fail. The NBA old guard thought they were getting Woodson in. The former players thought Alford. Keep in mind the boosters are buddies with the celeb NBA guys. The admin didn’t even interview Woodson and he took it personally. He complained to the old guard and the boosters and everyone agreed their buddy Mike was a genius and a Knight guy that would save the program if only he hasn’t been screwed and disrespected.

The AD went with Archie pretty much from the second he had funding. No search, that would mean he’d have to consider Woody and Alford. This came with, I believe, certain requirements about system and recruiting Archie had to obey that more or less limited him to Indiana kids and squeaky clean recruiting tactics. The AD thought he knew why Crean hadn’t been consistently good and imposed his solutions on the new coach.

Archie failed and the boosters who were buddies with Isiah Thomas and Buckner and the nba old guard agreed to fund the buyout with a stipulation. They could try for the head coach of the Boston Celtics in the middle of a playoff push or Mike Woodson. You see what was offered was really just a ruse to make Mike Woodson coach. Our billionaires and NBA guys all pat themselves on the back. The horrible wrong of not interviewing Mike Woodson was corrected and now Iu basketball is saved. And the AD is bragging about the DEI as his great achievement since taking on the role. I don’t want to debate DEI, but we all agree DEI alone isn’t winning anything. I’m pointing out that our AD only has DEI to brag about right now, since we’ve accomplished nothing in any sport during his tenure, let alone basketball.

Woodson is a former player and legend. He’s DEI. He’s best buddies with the main group of people that fund buyouts. He’s best buddies with the board who would have to agree to let the funds move to hire and fire a coach. He is unfirable from every single angle.

Mike underperformed three years with all American talent and this last season he dropped the third worst performance in program history. And he had a roster full of seniors and 5 star talent. That includes being worse than 1 of 3 Tom crean death penalty years with walk ons. Let that sink in. We’re keeping him. The players actually told the fans to ‘chill’ because ‘we’re running it back’.

We’re actually doing it too. We’re actually keeping the same coach and Same staff and the same seniors that shot 62% from the line and ran the 101st best efficiency metrics in the county and running it back. We were 350th out of 361 teams in D1 basketball at 3pt shooting. We’re running it back. Everyone got a raise. Mike Woodson is the tenth highest paid coach in CBB and this team is a top five paid team in CBB.

Archie got four years and the boosters agree with the board which is chaired by an NBA great and Woodson buddy: Archie got four, so does Mike Woodson. Right now we have ZERO recruits for next year. This is quite literally the lowest point in IU basketball history. Yet everyone involved is making more money and having more fun than ever.

No, I do not think firing Calipari is a smart move. He may only be failing bc of all the 5/6 year covid guys are better than freshmen. That stops in 25.

He always gets guys. UK beat IU on Fland bc Calipari has a track record of NBA success. That’s the sole reason. He’s also making the tournament.

Bad luck happens. Some 26 year old shoots 60% from three on the best night of his life and it ends the UK season early, sucks but it’s part of basketball. UKs got a foundation with Cal that works and gives a chance every season. IU hasn’t had a chance 5 of the last 7 years. Losing cal means starting over with nothing.

It remains to be seen if Cals one and done system is over or just not working with Covid seniors. I’d wait and see how 2025 goes.

If you fire Calipari you have 33 million dollars of outside influence to deal with when choosing the next hire. The AD is just a pawn getting pushed around by boosters the board and former players. The best situation is Cal moving to the brand ambassador or whatever role his contract has for him. You realize this role is basically booster schmoozer. If you fire him and offend his boosters you’ll be far worse off. Youll have no recruiting, NIl may drop, you might get a nostalgia hire or a flash in the pan hire or a guy who has absurd rules about how to play and recruit imposed on him by the admin.

You’re not Indiana yet but you are one bad hire away from it, or maybe you’ll be worse. We’re the same style of program with the same basic features.

If you keep cal you’re at least a tournament team every year. I’d give you guys a 20% of hiring the right guy next time. And 80% you hire a boosters favorite guy to have a drink with. There’s plenty of room here in the dumpster, come join us and UCLA in the Assembly Hall Dusty Banner Mike Woodson Whiskey Pole Barn and celebrate losing to Kansas at home with Woody’s rich friends over some cigars and wine. I’m not even kidding you, it’s actually real. It’s a real place and they really do have cigars and wine after getting murdered by UConn and Auburn and Kansas. We’re back baby.

IU has never been worse. You’re one bad hire from us. Let the AD do his thing. If he ain’t moving it’s because he sees all the politics of moving 33 million for a buyout and 10 million for the next guys buyout and that he might not be in a position to make an improvement after spending the money. Right now IU is a dumpster fire and the coach and staff and former players and boosters are having a great time and getting paid more than ever. It’s a big party and nobody cares about the actual results.

They get hang out and drink and play golf and everyone is getting big bucks. Nobody has been fired for the third worst season in program history. Nobody has been fired for the fact we ZERO recruits and surrendered the state to Purdue who’s dominated the series for a decade and is on its way to a final four.

In fact rumors are out there we’re going to bring in Kenny Payne to round out the staff. Even more fun in the whiskey barn next year for the staff and boosters.

Fire Cal? You think he’s a problem? You think you have it bad? Wait till the boosters turn it into a millionaire NBA nostalgia social club and see how bad it can get. Wait til your 2ppg super senior tells you to chill out or you’re not a true fan and not worry because they’re gonna run back the worst season in history.
-Coach and staff: paid top ten in country
-boosters: wined dined and socialized
-tickets: sold
-commercials: watched
-NBA guys: drafted
-bench guys: paid top ten in the country
-revenue: top 30 in the country
-profits: best in college athletics

That’s IU. Everyone is happy why not run it back?

It will be you too soon enough. I bet the IU/UK series will make more money than ever before. Battle of the Dusty banners. Can’t wait for my post game cigar.

This is how we fade into irrelevance for decades.

Even if that conman makes all these changes (which he won’t), he’s still the same awful in game coach he’s always been. That will never change.

Mitch deserves to be fired for simply delaying the inevitable disappointment. How can you be this out of touch?

F ‘em all
Bet you were slurping the first 8-9 years though, huh? Cal ain't changed. Not one bit. Some of you too damned dumb to see it.

Reactions: cathead64
5CFBF73D-6283-4BE3-8555-9E86F1E4EA60.jpeg.181c20c8b188f48ab09838d1323e7b35.jpeg

Indiana and Uk are both trash but IU is far worse.
-Both have top 5 NIL and funding.
(Maybe rumors are true and you guys actually suck at NiL, however IU players get paid)
-Both have huge fanbases that buy tickets and watch commercials.
-both have success in multiple decades which means fans from multiple generations (u conn sorry)
How and is IU relative to its resources and fan base? Think about that.

UK has about 4 years of true superiority over Indiana, as the 2016 B1G champs were IUs last whiff of national relevance in a decade of being very good and mediocre year over year. UK has been better since Sampson, no doubt, but IU did field competitive teams that had a chance even if they choked when it mattered. Let’s not debate the details of who’s better by how much. We all know generally speaking where things fall.

IU decided when Crean flopped with a great class in 2017 to move on to greener pastures and get someone more consistently good. Creans highs were high but his lows were low. We were NIT floor and sweet 16 ceiling with some B1G championships. Let’s take another step up right?

You have to understand that IU, UK, Michigan football, Alabama, has a lot of money and a lot of interest. They’re basically social clubs for rich people.

When Crean started struggling in 2017 the former players and boosters and admin all wanted to get their own guy. The NBA old guard wanted Woodson, they were friends with the big boosters. The former players who weren’t NBA wanted their guy, Alford. The admin wanted a different guy. Somebody was going to win.

They all were playing politics. The admin decided to cut support for crean and screwed him mid season so a firing would go over well with the fans. He’s been saying this recently, the admin was totally toxic the last year and tried to fail. The NBA old guard thought they were getting Woodson in. The former players thought Alford. Keep in mind the boosters are buddies with the celeb NBA guys. The admin didn’t even interview Woodson and he took it personally. He complained to the old guard and the boosters and everyone agreed their buddy Mike was a genius and a Knight guy that would save the program if only he hasn’t been screwed and disrespected.

The AD went with Archie pretty much from the second he had funding. No search, that would mean he’d have to consider Woody and Alford. This came with, I believe, certain requirements about system and recruiting Archie had to obey that more or less limited him to Indiana kids and squeaky clean recruiting tactics. The AD thought he knew why Crean hadn’t been consistently good and imposed his solutions on the new coach.

Archie failed and the boosters who were buddies with Isiah Thomas and Buckner and the nba old guard agreed to fund the buyout with a stipulation. They could try for the head coach of the Boston Celtics in the middle of a playoff push or Mike Woodson. You see what was offered was really just a ruse to make Mike Woodson coach. Our billionaires and NBA guys all pat themselves on the back. The horrible wrong of not interviewing Mike Woodson was corrected and now Iu basketball is saved. And the AD is bragging about the DEI as his great achievement since taking on the role. I don’t want to debate DEI, but we all agree DEI alone isn’t winning anything. I’m pointing out that our AD only has DEI to brag about right now, since we’ve accomplished nothing in any sport during his tenure, let alone basketball.

Woodson is a former player and legend. He’s DEI. He’s best buddies with the main group of people that fund buyouts. He’s best buddies with the board who would have to agree to let the funds move to hire and fire a coach. He is unfirable from every single angle.

Mike underperformed three years with all American talent and this last season he dropped the third worst performance in program history. And he had a roster full of seniors and 5 star talent. That includes being worse than 1 of 3 Tom crean death penalty years with walk ons. Let that sink in. We’re keeping him. The players actually told the fans to ‘chill’ because ‘we’re running it back’.

We’re actually doing it too. We’re actually keeping the same coach and Same staff and the same seniors that shot 62% from the line and ran the 101st best efficiency metrics in the county and running it back. We were 350th out of 361 teams in D1 basketball at 3pt shooting. We’re running it back. Everyone got a raise. Mike Woodson is the tenth highest paid coach in CBB and this team is a top five paid team in CBB.

Archie got four years and the boosters agree with the board which is chaired by an NBA great and Woodson buddy: Archie got four, so does Mike Woodson. Right now we have ZERO recruits for next year. This is quite literally the lowest point in IU basketball history. Yet everyone involved is making more money and having more fun than ever.

No, I do not think firing Calipari is a smart move. He may only be failing bc of all the 5/6 year covid guys are better than freshmen. That stops in 25.

He always gets guys. UK beat IU on Fland bc Calipari has a track record of NBA success. That’s the sole reason. He’s also making the tournament.

Bad luck happens. Some 26 year old shoots 60% from three on the best night of his life and it ends the UK season early, sucks but it’s part of basketball. UKs got a foundation with Cal that works and gives a chance every season. IU hasn’t had a chance 5 of the last 7 years. Losing cal means starting over with nothing.

It remains to be seen if Cals one and done system is over or just not working with Covid seniors. I’d wait and see how 2025 goes.

If you fire Calipari you have 33 million dollars of outside influence to deal with when choosing the next hire. The AD is just a pawn getting pushed around by boosters the board and former players. The best situation is Cal moving to the brand ambassador or whatever role his contract has for him. You realize this role is basically booster schmoozer. If you fire him and offend his boosters you’ll be far worse off. Youll have no recruiting, NIl may drop, you might get a nostalgia hire or a flash in the pan hire or a guy who has absurd rules about how to play and recruit imposed on him by the admin.

You’re not Indiana yet but you are one bad hire away from it, or maybe you’ll be worse. We’re the same style of program with the same basic features.

If you keep cal you’re at least a tournament team every year. I’d give you guys a 20% of hiring the right guy next time. And 80% you hire a boosters favorite guy to have a drink with. There’s plenty of room here in the dumpster, come join us and UCLA in the Assembly Hall Dusty Banner Mike Woodson Whiskey Pole Barn and celebrate losing to Kansas at home with Woody’s rich friends over some cigars and wine. I’m not even kidding you, it’s actually real. It’s a real place and they really do have cigars and wine after getting murdered by UConn and Auburn and Kansas. We’re back baby.

IU has never been worse. You’re one bad hire from us. Let the AD do his thing. If he ain’t moving it’s because he sees all the politics of moving 33 million for a buyout and 10 million for the next guys buyout and that he might not be in a position to make an improvement after spending the money. Right now IU is a dumpster fire and the coach and staff and former players and boosters are having a great time and getting paid more than ever. It’s a big party and nobody cares about the actual results.

They get hang out and drink and play golf and everyone is getting big bucks. Nobody has been fired for the third worst season in program history. Nobody has been fired for the fact we ZERO recruits and surrendered the state to Purdue who’s dominated the series for a decade and is on its way to a final four.

In fact rumors are out there we’re going to bring in Kenny Payne to round out the staff. Even more fun in the whiskey barn next year for the staff and boosters.

Fire Cal? You think he’s a problem? You think you have it bad? Wait till the boosters turn it into a millionaire NBA nostalgia social club and see how bad it can get. Wait til your 2ppg super senior tells you to chill out or you’re not a true fan and not worry because they’re gonna run back the worst season in history.
-Coach and staff: paid top ten in country
-boosters: wined dined and socialized
-tickets: sold
-commercials: watched
-NBA guys: drafted
-bench guys: paid top ten in the country
-revenue: top 30 in the country
-profits: best in college athletics

That’s IU. Everyone is happy why not run it back?

It will be you too soon enough. I bet the IU/UK series will make more money than ever before. Battle of the Dusty banners. Can’t wait for my post game cigar.
You write novel's in your spare time ? JK man

Meh. Calipari has led UK to 2 play-in game losses in the last three seasons. St Peter’s and Oakland are play-in game losses. Indiana at least wins their play-in games.

I’d take Woodson over Calipari. Woodson actually gives a flip. I would even take Crean over Calipari. Calipari is just cashing checks.
IU has missed the tournament more than they have made it the last 16 years; They’re 6-10 since 2009.

IU has missed the tournament more than they have made it the last 16 years; They’re 6-10 since 2009.
Yes. IU sucks. It has every advantage even 22 yeras from the last NC game. but is run by absolute morons who treat it like a country club.

Is there any evidence UK is any different? It’s just 10 years removed instead of 20. Throw in 5 years of a dud mid major flavor of the month hire and we’re all In mediocre mikes cigar bar together. I’m pretty sure without Cal the 5 star recruits will dry up, and if the NIL is actually unreliable and low you’re not getting guys over Louisville or IU anymore let alone Duke Kansas or UNC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT