ADVERTISEMENT

We are a fricking joke

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was not stunned, lol. It was the best news I've heard in a long time when I read that there was the possibility of Pope being hired.
Stunned as in everyone seemingly thought we would get Donovan or try harder for him instead of immediately jumping for Pope. I am excited for Pope one way or another, though. His presser healed a lot of animosity amongst the fanbase.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
I was not stunned, lol. It was the best news I've heard in a long time when I read that there was the possibility of Pope being hired.
There is also a big time radio personality who was very adamant to not hire ex players as a coach said they rarely ever workout he was adamant against hiring Mark Pope and now listen to him

Like the time you called BradyJames a liar over and over, even when proof was given. And then doubled down by saying you were a cop and knew when someone was lying? [laughing]
Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, now is it? I never used the word liar or lying. I carefully worded my posts. I still think there is more to the story. Be patient, little grasshopper, sometimes it takes a while for the full story to emerge.

Reactions: Cold Stout Beer
This thread aged like a gallon of milk left in the backseat of a locked car on a summer day.

I was initially underwhelmed by the hire, but decided quickly to support Coach Pope. We wanted Cal gone and got our wish. Pope earned a chance from his playing days. I am super pleased with how Pope and staff are rebuilding our program. Calipari U at Lexington is closed. The University of Kentucky is now open for business!

Can this thread be deleted, imagine a recruit coming here and this is one of the first thread titles they see. Just delete it already

So did the OP change the title of this thread in the hopes that people wouldn’t be able to find it?

Didn’t work.

Reactions: CatPatrick13
Awesome to see the thread again. It really shines a light on which posters are knowledgeable and which are emotional. Some may be both but that isn’t very often.

So did the OP change the title of this thread in the hopes that people wouldn’t be able to find it?

Didn’t work.
No I changed it because that’s how I fell about it. Digging up shit from 2-3 weeks ago to prove a point does absolutely nothing. Every person on here has dumb posts, and says stupid shit, but I get attacked more than anybody.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Awesome to see the thread again. It really shines a light on which posters are knowledgeable and which are emotional. Some may be both but that isn’t very often.
Ah yes, you’re so smart because you were in the one percent that weren’t upset that night pope got hired.

No I changed it because that’s how I fell about it. Digging up shit from 2-3 weeks ago to prove a point does absolutely nothing. Every person on here has dumb posts, and says stupid shit, but I get attacked more than anybody.
I didn’t “dig it up.” Someone else did.

I just thought the name change was funny. Looks like somebody’s trying to hide from his prior words.

Reactions: CatPatrick13
I didn’t “dig it up.” Someone else did.

I just thought the name change was funny. Looks like somebody’s trying to hide from his prior words.
Did I say you specifically dug it up? Why would I try to hide from my words? I reacted how 99 percent of people on here did on that night.

Digging up old posts to shame posters resembles a purity test or struggle session. Folks are allowed to have opinions and change their minds. I don’t fault fans who were frustrated with our coaching search process and the appearance of settling for the only coach who would say yes. That’s how it appeared the night the news leaked. Fortunately, many of these people did some research and witnessed Pope’s passion for the program during the press conference and work ethic after as he tirelessly built (and is building) a roster. If you were frustrated with the hire and have come to accept or appreciate it, that’s okay; you’re a Kentucky fan.

You’re being absurd. No recruits are reading this board …much less letting it influence their decisions … especially in this era.

Unless maybe they’re getting NIL money from Rivals.
A kid with a phone is going to forums and you are delusional if you are thinking different. They will go to X, they will come to forums and they will absolutely read the boards after a game. You guys think this is still in the 90s, heck my daughter is about to start college and she is already reading in the forums and she is not an athlete. I would say it is at least a 30% chance or higher they check, will it sway them - who knows maybe not. But better to not have this crap at the top.

I was just hoping that Pope wasn't reading this board. Not singling out the OP at all here. And to be fair, the story has yet to be told. He has yet to coach his first game. It is still remotely possible he could be a disaster hire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT