ADVERTISEMENT

Greenberg predicts title game apperance for Arkansas within 3 years

There's a better chance Cal isn't even in the industry in 3 yrs. He'll have to do it in 2 and don't see that happening.

He has a better chance of changing and winning there than he has winning at UK. At UK he wouldn’t change.

He has a better chance of changing and winning there than he has winning at UK. At UK he wouldn’t change.
Agree but the issue is that when you take a new job and have some excitement around it...and the first thing mentioned is "Brad Calipari is expected to join the staff"--that doesn't really evoke a confidence that he gets that CHANGE is needed to win.

Why do these so called experts have to throw shade? If it were that easy then why hasn’t he done it here? Nothing holding him back but his giant ego. I like Seth I think he’s knowledgeable guy but come on. Why do we get cast as the villain because we want to win? If winning didn’t matter then why do they keep score? Somebody smarter than me said that somewhere else.

The more Greenberg talks, the more he is hurting his credibility, this getting silly with him. We can see why he isn't coaching now.

Hey Seth:

Bed Pig GIF

Matt Jones made a good analogy.

Cal will change for the next wife; he wasn’t going to change for the first wife. He’s going to be driven to show us UK is the issue.

I’m not going to laugh at that cause I absolutely think it could happen. Arkansas was just in two Elite 8s in recent years. But he wasn’t going to do it here again so what does it matter?
This, and to put it in more simple terms . . . he will win if he drops his pride enough to do the things the bennys have been trying to tell him to do. The same way he would have won more here the past 4 years. I can go through the list but dont need to, you know them. So if he brings in new guys that will help him do these things then yes he will succeed. If not NO

Hes going to do very well. Hes going to buy the best portal players and have older rosters. I do believe he will make another Final Four because he will combine old with new guys way better. Just my opinion.
Nah. He simply isn't a good enough coach. Period. He doesn't know how to win a basketball game. Like, actual in-game coaching. He's lost.

Agree but the issue is that when you take a new job and have some excitement around it...and the first thing mentioned is "Brad Calipari is expected to join the staff"--that doesn't really evoke a confidence that he gets that CHANGE is needed to win.
I can’t wait to see the Arkansas fan’s reaction to hearing this.

Reactions: ralphdaltonfan
Seth Greenberg is famous for not offering Steph Curry a scholarship at VT- even though he was the son of one of the greatest players in program history. But the reason the story is so famous and Steph holds a grudge about it (even though he was only offered by mid majors, albeit good mid majors like Davidson and VCU) is that Seth was so arrogant that he was not a power conference player. And then, even after seeing Steph’s success, he doesn’t offer Seth Curry either who ended up being an NBA player in his own right. Point is, he has an arrogance that he knows everything which cost him his job as a college coach.

I can’t wait to see the Arkansas fan’s reaction to hearing this.

They won't get it--but soon will. They are an intense and loyal fanbase but they also have expectations which I think is why Cal hemming/hawing a bit. He just realized they aren't going to tolerate his BS-but they'll be excited/support him until he doesn't deliver.

I don't blame them for being excited to experience the "big recruits" and attention he'll bring. They just had to deal with a team with great expectations being submarined by a Village People 3way love triangle and their HC job hunting the second after it went down. LOL

Reactions: Ghettobird
Glad we won't have to listen to Greenberg's spin anymore. How do these people have jobs covering college basketball? Cal may recruit and make them a talking point but they won't win sh!+. A simple zone defense stymies that 🤡.

I used to like Greenberg but this past couple days he’s lost his mind, said Arkansas facilities are better than uk??? Sorry, I don’t believe that and that he’ll have Arkansas in the FF in 3 yrs??? 😂…..ok Seth…..cal can leave and that’s his choice but he could have taken another job outside the SEC though, just shows how much respect and love he had for this program. I’ve lost a lot of respect in him for this decision, glad he brought uk back but he’s turned it in to a circus by alienating everyone around him then blaming others.

Pissed off that his girlfriend got insulted.

Look, Cal will absolutely pull out all the stops and go to work with a vengeance at Arkansas, getting much better results than he did here the past four years and proving that he had been taking our money here just to rest on his laurels.

But it won’t get him anything more than a pair of Elite Eights. The man just can’t win anymore at a high level, regardless of whether or not he ever really could have won at a high level without Worldwide Wes, John Robic, Rod Strickland, etc.

LMAO. What a joke.
Seth Greenberg's nose is so far up John Calipari's rear end that the proctologist hasn't been born yet that could remove it. Greenberg just says what Calipari wants him to say like yesterday when he said that UK practice facility is old & antiquated. This same garbage that we've heard Calipari talk about. A practice facility that's less than 20 years old & I remember when it opened how that Dick Vitale said it was by far the finest practice facility that he had ever seen.

I dated a girl for awhile. We ended up breaking up. A few months later I ran into her and she had lost a few lbs, gotten a tan, highlighted her hair, looked great! She even got a new job. I was legit happy for her albeit curious as to why she didn't do that while with me. A couple of years later, I saw that she looked much worse than she ever did while with me. She had really let herself go.

Breakups are a hell of a motivator. But it's not sustained motivation and is temporary. You have to want to improve for yourself, not to try to prove a point.

I wouldn't be surprised if Cal has a really nice first year or two at Arky. He'll be jaded and motivated to work. But it won't last, and by year 5 Arky fans will hate him too. And it certainly won't mean we should have stayed in our relationship.

A tale as old as time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT