ADVERTISEMENT

WCS says Cal drew recruits not UK.

Your opinion is your opinion just like mine is mine. I knew after 2015 that he would never win another title here. I should have realized that after 2012. His focus and message were never in agreement with fan expectations which led to a parting of the ways last year, thank God. Coach K outrecruited him most years. His message of recruit and develop was also an abject failure and he rushed players in and out of here, some of whom weren’t ready for the next level from a maturity standpoint. He was condescending, arrogant and thought he was infallible. I don’t miss him, I’m glad he’s gone and I look forward to a return to glory doing things the right way.
You clearly have an issue staying on topic. I didn’t voice any opinions, I stated facts. Nothing you are talking about is in regards to anything I posted. Your hatred of Cal seems to run so deep that you aren’t able to look at anything he did through an unbiased lens.

Who said he created Kentucky basketball. You clearly have a hatred that prevents you from reading anything and actually understanding what you are looking at. I clearly said that any coach can come here and put together good teams with good players. What is also true is that there has never been another coach that recruits at his level, here or anywhere else. K was the closest for a few years.
Cal's perceived success at UK, IMO, was most likely a combination of first the UK platform and brand. This allowed Cal to attract the attention of top players and then allowed him to sell them on his wholesale OAD mantra. It was an easy sell, but its success was short lived as other coaches adopted variants of the same to complete. As this began to fail, Cal relied on his silver-tongue to continue to sell it, and players continued to buy it. Ultimately, the approach collapsed from its own weight and imperfections in spite of Cal's attempts to continue to sell it, hence his unwillingness to adjust to the demands of the game and pleadings from BBN to make changes. When you layer in Cal's narcissism and coaching inadequacies exposing him as a very mediocre coach, the writing was on the wall and his record over his last years at Kentucky proved to expose the dark under-belly that no-one wanted to acknowledge. The manner in which he decided to leave UK speaks volumes about him and his character. I don't have to "hate" him to see that reality for what it was. I certainly hated the fact that he continued to lead this program as I wanted him gone but, I didn't hate the MAN. Those are serious words usually thrown about by those with a weak argument.

You clearly have an issue staying on topic. I didn’t voice any opinions, I stated facts. Nothing you are talking about is in regards to anything I posted. Your hatred of Cal seems to run so deep that you aren’t able to look at anything he did through an unbiased lens.
I see by your name you’re just a little slow so let me say this a bit slower so you can comprehend. I have no issues because we fixed the biggest problem with Kentucky Basketball and removed the roadblock that was keeping us from competing for championships. You might slobber his knob and if that’s your thing then slobber all over it. I prefer my coach to be here building title teams. Take all those draft picks, turn them sideways and well, you know the rest. Quit trying to make your case because you’re wasting your time. Go order your Hog gear and enjoy his team.

Reactions: KFuqua
I see by your name you’re just a little slow so let me say this a bit slower so you can comprehend. I have no issues because we fixed the biggest problem with Kentucky Basketball and removed the roadblock that was keeping us from competing for championships. You might slobber his knob and if that’s your thing then slobber all over it. I prefer my coach to be here building title teams. Take all those draft picks, turn them sideways and well, you know the rest. Quit trying to make your case because you’re wasting your time. Go order your Hog gear and enjoy his team.
You literally told the poster who said the same exact thing as me that he made good points.

My username is a joke from this board. You are just a joke period. Probably finished all of 8th grade, like most of your branchless family tree. You know what you can do…

Hog gear? Is that something I would need to pursue your wife?

The only compliment I gave Cal is that he has recruited better than anyone ever has here and likely ever will.

Last edited:

You literally told the poster who said the same exact thing as me that he made good points.

My username is a joke from this board. You are just a joke period. Probably finished all of 8th grade, like most of your branchless family tree. You know what you can do…

Hog gear? Is that something I would need to pursue your wife?

The only compliment I gave Cal is that he has recruited better than anyone ever has here and likely ever will.

C*ck sucking insults followed by your wife is fat daggers. Happy Monday boys!

Reactions: WildcatforLife1965
When WCS went to Kentucky, we were coming off a national championship and a string of arguably the most loaded recruiting classes year over year since Wooden's UCLA haul. At the time, it was one of the greatest harmonious symbiotic relationships we have seen in college sports.

It was Calipari, but it was also Calipari at Kentucky.

Then covid happened and shit got weird. I don't know how else to explain it... and don't see a reason to overthink it.

Personally, I didn't want Calipari to leave, but also, since he left, it's never been more evident that Calipari's philosophy of players first also extended to Calipari first. He left Kentucky giving no shits about his reputation or legacy here. The stats, the bravado, the legacy, the conservation of tradition, he burned it all through his actions that were no fault but his own. He took every player & every recruit except one (who would've been here regardless). He has done little, at least publicly, to bridge that divide. Taking an in-conference job to a conference Rival was another F you on top of everything else.

And that's who Calipari is. It's also arguably why players liked Calipari. It's not about fans, the program or the university. It's about them. The thing is that it didn't have to be a polarizing choice. Calipari's inability to push a philosophy that satisfied both the player and the program is arguably why his relationship broke here (on top of a few absolutely abysmal sub-par seasons), but that attitude is reflected in many of his past players, who also have a sense of loyalty to him. And to be fair, Calipari did help those guys (and still does evidently), but the program is irrelevant in his equation.

When WCS went to Kentucky, we were coming off a national championship and a string of arguably the most loaded recruiting classes year over year since Wooden's UCLA haul. At the time, it was one of the greatest harmonious symbiotic relationships we have seen in college sports.

It was Calipari, but it was also Calipari at Kentucky.

Then covid happened and shit got weird. I don't know how else to explain it... and don't see a reason to overthink it.

Personally, I didn't want Calipari to leave, but also, since he left, it's never been more evident that Calipari's philosophy of players first also extended to Calipari first. He left Kentucky giving no shits about his reputation or legacy here. The stats, the bravado, the legacy, the conservation of tradition, he burned it all through his actions that were no fault but his own. He took every player & every recruit except one (who would've been here regardless). He has done little, at least publicly, to bridge that divide. Taking an in-conference job to a conference Rival was another F you on top of everything else.

And that's who Calipari is. It's also arguably why players liked Calipari. It's not about fans, the program or the university. It's about them. The thing is that it didn't have to be a polarizing choice. Calipari's inability to push a philosophy that satisfied both the player and the program is arguably why his relationship broke here (on top of a few absolutely abysmal sub-par seasons), but that attitude is reflected in many of his past players, who also have a sense of loyalty to him. And to be fair, Calipari did help those guys (and still does evidently), but the program is irrelevant in his equation.
As a Tar Heel fan, I agree with your analysis of Calipari. I think Pope is a tremendous hire who will return the pride of the program to the forefront for UK fans....as it should be.

As you are a UK fan, who now is worse? Calipari or Pitino?

I personally think that UK fans should welcome him back as a legendary UK coach. He simply left UK to go to the NBA and then when that didn't work out, the best available job was Louisville (IIRC). Did Pitino do anything wrong other than going back to work albeit a big UK rival?

Isn't Arkansas actually a bigger rival than Louisville is to UK? Arkansas is a SEC division rival. and Calipari just took a lot of blue (Wagner and other UK players and UK recruits) and turned them into red. And when talking to recruits, he says we're still the same (the coaching staff)...we just are at a different school but it's still the same. He just said UK doesn't matter. It's all about me.

Calipari is the most self-centered coach I've ever seen and that surpasses Coach K by 10 miles.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT