ADVERTISEMENT

WCS says Cal drew recruits not UK.

How many #1 classes has Pitino had in his career? How many did Cal have at UK?

Again, a coach can fill a team at UK with good players but nobody has proven to recruit like Cal. I’m not saying Cal killed it in other areas, but you cannot argue the fact the man can recruit.
And exactly how has that helped UK, especially the last six years or so? It is analogous to having a great looking car but the AC is not working while driving in a Florida summer. I think pitino's first year we were like 14-14 but you knew we were in for more to come. It feels like those days again, thankfully

Who gives a crap how Cal recruits at Arkansas? I assume Cal will bring in top shelf players. I also assume Cal will continue to coach the way he has for many years. Ugly in Arkansas is not nearly the same as at UK so Cal will actually feel relief. If Cal loses 10-15 games per year at Arky then the fans will simply sing their pig-suey chants and be fine.
The question I worry about is can you win without ever being able to get top level recruits. Pope is a good coach, but it does take great talent to beat other top talent whether the kid is 18 year olds or 24.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT