ADVERTISEMENT

Watching NASCAR drivers on a Formula 1 track is

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
I would suggest not watching it if you don't care for it. You could always go practice your calculus on you chalkboard and convince yourself that that one of these you would make money than any ol' NASCAR driver, after all, you drove a schoolbus, which is much larger than the cars in which NASCAR drivers drive

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: HymanKaplan
Vs. NASCAR or Indy, F1 is so boring. Same person or two win over & over. Their system is designed that way - whoever comes up with the best technology wins vs. trying to keep races closely competitive. Fine, you appreciate great tech over close races, fine.

Reactions: funKYcat75
IkeCat - I watch NASCAR. My point is that those cars aren't meant for that. I've never understood why they bother doing road courses. I don't think most F1 drivers would fare very well at Daytona either.

But my post was pretty snarky, I apologize for that. (I follow almost all forms of auto racing other than NHRA)

And there's nothing wrong with doing math problems. LOL

Reactions: funKYcat75
I'd like to see NASCAR revamp their all star weekend with...

* A 150 lap feature where the drivers have to kill a 6 pack of beer 30 minutes before the green flag, then have to do 2 tequila shots at each pit stop. It'd be interesting to see how long it took to get the 150 laps in, and how many cars would finish the race, at least going in the right direction.

* For the non-drinking drivers, a 150 lap feature where the drivers have no pit crew and have to fuel their own car and they can't get the fuel can released until they use a credit card on a shaky, unreliable card scanner. They'll also have to change their own tires, using a lug wrench and bumper jack.

Reactions: Usleepy-2vs7
I'd like to see NASCAR revamp their all star weekend with...

* A 150 lap feature where the drivers have to kill a 6 pack of beer 30 minutes before the green flag, then have to do 2 tequila shots at each pit stop. It'd be interesting to see how long it took to get the 150 laps in, and how many cars would finish the race, at least going in the right direction.

* For the non-drinking drivers, a 150 lap feature where the drivers have no pit crew and have to fuel their own car and they can't get the fuel can released until they use a credit card on a shaky, unreliable card scanner. They'll also have to change their own tires, using a lug wrench and bumper jack.
If they'd had this when Dick Trickle was still alive, well... he'd have had a lot more wins.

F1:NASCAR::Science Fair:County Fair

I'm way more of a NASCAR fan than F1, so take this with a grain of salt. F1 drivers would be very bad in NASCAR. Of course, all F1 drivers are capable of running fast in any decent car, but the passing and driver strategy would keep them from being great. I don't think the best NASCAR drivers would fare too well in F1 either, but it would probably be a dream to drive a car that responds like and F1 car does.

Shew, F1 fans ( not talking about OP ) sure do like to talk smack about NASCAR and other racing series. Funny as hell when you can predict the winner of race and be right 99% of the time in F1.

Reactions: vhcat70
It's just a completely different sport/challenges. Again, I'm sorry I came across as "Formula 1" snob guy. My original post came across differently than I meant it too.

F1 drivers would be a disaster in NASCAR, IMO. They've been a pretty mixed bag in Indy Cars too.

Driving on an Oval/Tri-Oval, and having to pass w/o the Drag Reduction System ( you have to make your OWN DRS in Nascar and Indy), not to mention, those guys don't deal with massively crowded pits, and their races are short affairs. NASCAR is every bit as much car/race management as F1 is. And I do agree that the lack of competitivness is really hurting F1.

So, to sum up: I came across as an ass (I've been that a lot since late Thursday night LOL), and I enjoy all forms of racing except, as I said, NHRA.

Any of you Central Kentucky folks ever go up to Mid-Ohio? My Dad and I used to go once or twice a Summer, and I've been back several times since. I need to get back up there.

It’s pretty lame they had to cancel the SRX series. Older drivers and a few star drivers ( mostly NASCAR/Indy) and usually a track local on short track racing only. It was fun while it lasted.

I don't know if it's still there/operating, but the Corbin Motor Speedway was classic entertainment.

It was probably a dirt track originally, but when I used to go, in the late 90's early 2000's, it was a 1/2 mile asphalt oval.

It was just a glorious redneck bacchanalia.

Resin patio chairs with the back legs cut off so they'd sit solid on the wooden bleachers. Fights in the parking lot. Races would have to stop if the ambulance had to make a run, and would resume when it got back.

70's muscle cars, with damaged quarter panels hammered back in to shape, and the ridiculously cantilevered front right.

It was sublime.

Reactions: roguemocha
It’s pretty lame they had to cancel the SRX series. Older drivers and a few star drivers ( mostly NASCAR/Indy) and usually a track local on short track racing only. It was fun while it lasted.
Skip Barber Racing school purchased it the other day ago. Could still make a comeback.

IkeCat - I watch NASCAR. My point is that those cars aren't meant for that. I've never understood why they bother doing road courses. I don't think most F1 drivers would fare very well at Daytona either.

But my post was pretty snarky, I apologize for that. (I follow almost all forms of auto racing other than NHRA)

And there's nothing wrong with doing math problems. LOL
I totally understand where you are coming from! I have two tickets for The World of Outlaws for me and a long, long time friend that I have always shared 'Scooby Snacks' with. Ever heard it called that? Coincidence that it is on 4/20. Only 40 miles so two old farts outta be able to have a real good time and still make home safely. About the math, I was majoring in math, and ran the gambit on math classes, until I ran into linear algebra being taught by personification of nerd, it whupped my ass right. I was in my mid 40's and between burnout and old dog/new trick, I was inclined to go back my old lifestyle of enjoying the little things. So I understand what goes thru your head at times

I totally understand where you are coming from! I have two tickets for The World of Outlaws for me and a long, long time friend that I have always shared 'Scooby Snacks' with. Ever heard it called that? Coincidence that it is on 4/20. Only 40 miles so two old farts outta be able to have a real good time and still make home safely. About the math, I was majoring in math, and ran the gambit on math classes, until I ran into linear algebra being taught by personification of nerd, it whupped my ass right. I was in my mid 40's and between burnout and old dog/new trick, I was inclined to go back my old lifestyle of enjoying the little things. So I understand what goes thru your head at times
LOL. One of my oldest friends STILL calls the Scooby Snacks. Hahaha

World of Outlaws is top notch racing, the REAL stuff.

Honestly, it's nice to have a thread, where all forms of racing can be discussed.

(I'll cop to a guilty pleasure of mine. I have a two lane slot car track in my house, much to the dismay of my wife. Lap timers, custom built (by me) HO slots, variable power supply, wired braking, modified controllers with 90 ohm controllers. LOL It's ridiculous. Maybe I should have some locals over that are race fans, for some beers and racing.)

Last edited:
I don't know if it's still there/operating, but the Corbin Motor Speedway was classic entertainment.

It was probably a dirt track originally, but when I used to go, in the late 90's early 2000's, it was a 1/2 mile asphalt oval.

It was just a glorious redneck bacchanalia.

Resin patio chairs with the back legs cut off so they'd sit solid on the wooden bleachers. Fights in the parking lot. Races would have to stop if the ambulance had to make a run, and would resume when it got back.

70's muscle cars, with damaged quarter panels hammered back in to shape, and the ridiculously cantilevered front right.

It was sublime.

Drive about an hour further south to Tazewell Speedway just across the line in Tennessee.

It (and everyone that attends) is amazing.

I would love to drive an F1 car. It would basically be like driving an F-16 that never leaves the ground.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT