ADVERTISEMENT

So net rankings

wfm101981

Blue Chip Prospect
Jan 4, 2018
How much will we drop from beating a quad 1 opp on the road. I say the kentucky 3 to 4 drop 🤣🤣🤣. I'm just kidding but technically if we did drop or even stayed flat I wouldn't be surprised lol

Reactions: St.PatterSoN-54-
I was hoping a further jump than that. I was also hoping miami to keep winning, whichbdidnt happen. Maybe pushing our quad 1's to 3-1. But.....

The alabama tn rankings had me confused for awhile. There records were virtually identical except tn winning i believe 2 of the quad one games that bama had lost. Yet bama was ranked teo spots higher. I could only gather that its due to last years performance still being playing a factor

The alabama tn rankings had me confused for awhile. There records were virtually identical except tn winning i believe 2 of the quad one games that bama had lost. Yet bama was ranked teo spots higher. I could only gather that its due to last years performance still being playing a factor

They are higher because they understand how to hack the system.

They are 9-5. They are 0-5 in QUAD 1. Of their remaining 9-0 record, 3 of 9 are QUAD 2 wins.

Alabama is up there simply because they have played a much higher percentage of Q1/Q2 compared to any other team and have only lost to great teams.

Kentucky could take a page from that.

Kentucky's NET is lower because, for some reason, have played SIX QUAD 4 teams. For no reason.

They are higher because they understand how to hack the system.

They are 9-5. They are 0-5 in QUAD 1. Of their remaining 9-0 record, 3 of 9 are QUAD 2 wins.

Alabama is up there simply because they have played a much higher percentage of Q1/Q2 compared to any other team and have only lost to great teams.

Kentucky could take a page from that.

Kentucky's NET is lower because, for some reason, have played SIX QUAD 4 teams. For no reason.
But those loses would lower Cals winning %.

This. When UK lost, people said "UNCW will win their conference and be a likely tourney team, just watch" .... they just lost back to back games to Drexel and Towson.

It was an unforgivable loss any way you spin it. And that’s on Cal for not having his team prepared. When your 5-star guards get blown by by 2-stars all game there is a problem. It was Saint Peter’s all over again and that’s concerning, even with a young team.

Kentucky moved from 23 to 17 in the NET as they picked up their second QUAD 1 win of the season.

Tennessee is 5th in the NET
Alabama is 6th in the NET
Auburn is 8th in the NET
Don’t we have three Quad 1 wins? Miami and UNC were both top 10.

Texas A&M losing at home to LSU, dropped them from 25 to 40. Should still be a good opportunity but geez, talking about a terrible loss.
TAMU has lost 3 of their last five games and has to go to Auburn next for another probably loss. Certainly hasn't played like a team returning most of its production.

TAMU has lost 3 of their last five games and has to go to Auburn next for another probably loss. Certainly hasn't played like a team returning most of its production.
A&M has been one of the most inconsistent teams in the country for the past several years. They’re usually good for a hot streak at some point that starts them talking about how much they’re getting disrespected in the rankings/tournament seeding, but take some truly bad losses in other parts of the season. Hopefully we catch them next weekend while they’re still in a slump.

One thing people on this board don't take in to account enough is margin of victory.
Auburn jumped from 15th to 8th.
Not because they got a quad 2 win over #92 Arkansas.
But they mollywhopped them by 32.

One thing people on this board don't take in to account enough is margin of victory.
Auburn jumped from 15th to 8th.
Not because they got a quad 2 win over #92 Arkansas.
But they mollywhopped them by 32.
Correct. It's like the old approach in college football. Margin of victory mattered so much during the BCS era. You can't just beat bad teams, you have to go out and stomp them.

Correct. It's like the old approach in college football. Margin of victory mattered so much during the BCS era. You can't just beat bad teams, you have to go out and stomp them.
I may be wrong, but I thought NET used margin of victory capped at 10 points. So a 10 pt. win is no different than a 50 pt. win.

Reactions: gharding07
I may be wrong, but I thought NET used margin of victory capped at 10 points. So a 10 pt. win is no different than a 50 pt. win.
The margin of victory caps at 10 but destroying bad teams increases your offensive efficiency which is still factored in Look at the placing of Iowa state and BYU in the net rankings

The margin of victory caps at 10 but destroying bad teams increases your offensive efficiency which is still factored in Look at the placing of Iowa state and BYU in the net rankings
This is more accurate.
Directly related to margin of victory up to 10.
Indirectly related after that.
Auburn efficiencies can't help but improve when they win by 32.
Mirrored by their Kenpom going from 11 to 6.

Reactions: CrimsonCats
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT