ADVERTISEMENT

Watched Auburn tonight.....

studentcat

Blue Chip Prospect
May 5, 2003
I had a little down tome tonight, and watched a bit of the Auburn/GA game. Cooper is going to absolutely destroy us in the lane, and they are just all around an awful matchup for this UK team. Mentally preparing myself for another let down on Saturday....prove me wrong Cats!! 🙏🏻

With Cooper and Powell this team wouldn't be 7-6. More like 10-3 or 11-2 at worst. Powell will be able to play his actual position now as well and he got an extra day off today even though he was cleared.

I don't know if we'll win against UK, but for the first time the entire season we'll finally be at full strength.

They were playing Georgia. Georgia is 0-4 in the SEC.

Grow a pair.

This team is 2-2 in true road games.
2-0 in the SEC.

They will be much more mentally into the game Saturday.

UK by 5.

Whew boys, the Crean experiment is going sideways quickly. I’m not saying I expected him to have us in the Sweet 16 this year, but was hoping for a step in the right direction, kind of like he’s done at previous stops. We’ve got a new AD as of a couple of weeks ago, but I would imagine he’ll have the rest of this season and maybe next to get something figured out.

Maybe some pride will kick in for our team and staff after that horrible performance from Tuesday night...not holding my breath, but we shall see.

Reactions: studentcat
Whew boys, the Crean experiment is going sideways quickly. I’m not saying I expected him to have us in the Sweet 16 this year, but was hoping for a step in the right direction, kind of like he’s done at previous stops. We’ve got a new AD as of a couple of weeks ago, but I would imagine he’ll have the rest of this season and maybe next to get something figured out.

Crean is 7-34 in the SEC at Georgia. It’s not going sideways, it went sideways long ago.

Reactions: Pewee Cat
I still have no idea how Powell wasn’t recruited by UK. If he wasn’t injured in high school I’m sure he’s a top 40 player last year.

If Cooper comes back next year which is plausible based on being an 5’11 Pg who cannot shoot a 3 ball (1/11 this year) ... We should be hell on wheels

Toppin? If he’s not a great shooter then back off him and let him shoot.
If he makes them so be it but try to keep him out of the lane.
Toppin may be the worst defender on the team and that’s saying something. Yeah yeah Cal said Toppin was good defensively that one game but my goodness he’s been awful lately.

Kentucky away and down year. Teams will be looking for payback. Grow a brain.
All this dude does is post on everything and insult people. Don’t know who u told to “grow a brain” but it’s obvious you don’t have one yourself. Shut your pie hole, nobody cares about your opinion. Go play in the road.

Knew the day they hired him it would not work. It doesn’t work for anybody there. You had one of the best in Hugh Durham and after a while with all the underlying constraints he just played it out till they asked him to leave. Mark Fox was very good. The commitment isn’t there. Won’t ever be to become the highly successful program it could be. I don’t say this off the cuff. I lived in Athens for 22 years. Played golf with Hugh.

Giving Crean 3.2 million/19M+ total doesn't sound like an experiment. At the time, the 2nd highest commitment to a SEC basketball coach. Crean did nothing with Edwards, but what has his recruiting rankings been since
?
Listened to Tech's Pastner brag about one of his recruits next year who he said has a zero star ranking. How can you not recruit kids with a higher ranking? Pastner boasts about being a top 20 recruiting class, but his standards tell me he struggles in recruiting.

Dumping Crean could come quickly since the AD is no longer there. This funky year might give Crean another year.

Billy D doesn't have a team right now.:)

Giving Crean 3.2 million/19M+ total doesn't sound like an experiment. At the time, the 2nd highest commitment to a SEC basketball coach. Crean did nothing with Edwards, but what has his recruiting rankings been since
?
Listened to Tech's Pastner brag about one of his recruits next year who he said has a zero star ranking. How can you not recruit kids with a higher ranking? Pastner boasts about being a top 20 recruiting class, but his standards tell me he struggles in recruiting.

Dumping Crean could come quickly since the AD is no longer there. This funky year might give Crean another year.

Billy D doesn't have a team right now.:)

Billy would never go to Georgia. The commitment is not there.

I had a little down tome tonight, and watched a bit of the Auburn/GA game. Cooper is going to absolutely destroy us in the lane, and they are just all around an awful matchup for this UK team. Mentally preparing myself for another let down on Saturday....prove me wrong Cats!! 🙏🏻
I’m just hoping I can make it through the first half without turning it off. I made it to about three minutes left in the first half against Florida before I turned the game off.

I’m just hoping I can make it through the first half without turning it off. I made it to about three minutes left in the first half against Florida before I turned the game off.
That's the best we have played all season against Florida.

That's the best we have played all season against Florida.
I think he meant the AL game, I actually turned it off with about the same amount of time left. I can’t remember ever actually turning a game off before, left to do something else....yes....actually turn off the TV...that was a first

IDK about this game - interesting game at an interesting time. Pearl LOVES to beat Cal or try to.

My concern is Cooper is already good and playing well. Cal's defense over the years has proven more often than not to be unable to deal with a quick, driving guard. Ironic because he wants our players to drive to the rim - but cannot defend it. Just off the top of my head examples S. Napier in title game vs UCONN, Devin Downey USC, Last E8 game vs Auburn J. Harper (granted AU was not called for any fouls in the final 12 mins of that game - while playing aggressive defense - a joke - but we still could not stop it.)

Go Cats of course - but an L in this game - at this time - against that team and that coach - well.... it will go from ugly to fugly around here quick.

Last edited:
Reactions: StaticKat
I don’t even think I’m gonna watch the game. Can’t remember the last time I said that

With Cooper and Powell this team wouldn't be 7-6. More like 10-3 or 11-2 at worst. Powell will be able to play his actual position now as well and he got an extra day off today even though he was cleared.

I don't know if we'll win against UK, but for the first time the entire season we'll finally be at full strength.
When is Powell suppose to return to the court?

IDK about this game - interesting game at an interesting time. Pearl LOVES to beat Cal or try to.

My concern is Cooper is already good and playing well. Cal's defense over the years has proven more often than not to be unable to deal with a quick, driving guard. Ironic because he wants our players to drive to the rim - but cannot defend it. Just off the top of my head examples S. Napier in title game vs UCONN, Devin Downey USC, Last E8 game vs Auburn J. Harper (granted AU was not called for any fouls in the final 12 mins of that game - while playing aggressive defense - a joke - but we still could not stop it.)
Yeah we've struggled guarding the ball for several years under Cal not just this year which is not good for a team that plays almost exclusively man to man. We have still been an overall good defensive team most years but that had more to do with our size and length and rim protection that it did guarding the ball. Thats whats killing us this year. Jackson is a really good rim protector but gets limited minutes and Sarr is just about as weak a rim protector as there is for a guy his size and that kills Cals defense. But yes quick points are our nightmare.

Reactions: struggler
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT