ADVERTISEMENT

Watch out---UK now has two starters shooting 40% from 3 pt. range

Basketball-Fire-87338.gif

That isn't even counting Ulis who is capable of being right up there as well. He just started off so slow shooting 29% the first 12 games played. I think he has been shooting closer to the mid 30's over the last 11 of his games played. Just the last 7 games he is hitting about 39%.

Reactions: KWilt43atbuzz
We have three starters that you better guard as soon as they come across the mid court line or they can hurt you. That bodes well for our spacing on offense. Makes it much harder to zone us or sag off of us.

Having Skal capable of drilling that midrange makes us that much more dangerous.

Offensively, I like Ulis, Murray, Willis, Skal, and Poythress. I know that leaves out Briscoe. I think Briscoe will be most effective with Skal in because he pulls out the big man allowing space for Briscoe to drive. I like this team more and more when they are spread out.

Reactions: IL Wildcat
Ulis , despite what numbers say this year will be around 45% for his basketball career. Murray and Willis are at where they should be .
45% from 3? That would make him the 3rd best 3-point shooter in UK history by percentage. Anything north of 40% would put him in the top-10.

Ulis , despite what numbers say this year will be around 45% for his basketball career. Murray and Willis are at where they should be .

Since after the Auburn game (i.e. Arkansas on) Ulis is shooting 39.2% on threes. He's definitely inching back up from his slump.

Problem with Ulis, is a lot of his 3 attempts are very late as the shot clock is expiring, not within the offensive flow. For that reason his % will probably stay around 35%. Which is fine. As long as our first-option 3's are from Murray and Willis, we'll be ok.

You continue to make bizarrely dumb posts. Do you watch or know anything about basketball?

Ulis will be a 45% 3 pt shooter for his career at UK?

2015: 33/77= 42.9%
2016: 32/103= 31.1%
Career at UK: 65/180 = 36.1%

He would have to make his next 30 threes in a row to get to 45%. Or finish the season shooting 39/50 (78%) to get to 45%

45% would put him #3 all time at UK for a career behind Lamb (47.5%) and Mills (47%).

Ok pal, if you say so....

Problem with Ulis, is a lot of his 3 attempts are very late as the shot clock is expiring, not within the offensive flow. For that reason his % will probably stay around 35%. Which is fine. As long as our first-option 3's are from Murray and Willis, we'll be ok.

Good point. When a bailout is necessary, it's usually Ulis doing the dirty work.

You continue to make bizarrely dumb posts. Do you watch or know anything about basketball?

He would have to make his next 30 threes in a row to get to 45%. Or finish the season shooting 39/50 (78%) to get to 45%

45% would put him #3 all time at UK for a career behind Lamb (47.5%) and Mills (47%).

He is the king of hyperbole. Ulis at his best is a low 40s% 3 point shot...not 45%. Not ever.

Murray is a much bettter shooter than Ulis from 3 IMO. Murray had a few really bad games (I'm talking 1/10 early in a game and a 3/12 game) and such, but he is probably really closer to a 45% shooter than Ulis from 3.

Reactions: JFCats22

Darn you and your fancy statistics and book learnin'!
200.gif

He is the king of hyperbole. Ulis at his best is a low 40s% 3 point shot...not 45%. Not ever.

Murray is a much bettter shooter than Ulis from 3 IMO. Murray had a few really bad games (I'm talking 1/10 early in a game and a 3/12 game) and such, but he is probably really closer to a 45% shooter than Ulis from 3.

You realize there is almost no difference between a "low 40s shooter" and 45%, right? I mean, if he shot 2 three pointers a game for 40 games, and hit 34 of 80 that's .425. 36 is 45%. A difference of 2 out of 80 shots.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT