ADVERTISEMENT

Wasn’t worried about Oakland until this tweet

Our ability to score is the LEAST of my worries.

My question is do they have super quick Guards that can get to the rim AND score from the 3 and a Big that can score in the Post and are they good at getting offensive rebounds???

My question is do they have super quick Guards that can get to the rim AND score from the 3 and a Big that can score in the Post and are they good at getting offensive rebounds???
They have a big that is there best player. But in my mind he is just mid major good. Don’t think he’ll be all that effective against us.

Reactions: Fox2monk and catben

They don’t. Their three main guards shoot almost entirely from the perimeter, and even then they are mid-30%.

I’d not take that Illinois or Ohio St game as anything except early season junk.

I refuse to be concerned about a 14 Seed. We’re Kentucky. As long as the team shows up in the right mindset I just couldn’t care less what Oakland can or can’t do. They’re a 14 seed. They look like a 15 seed when I glance at their resume. None of us should spend energy angsting about their zone.

They have a big that is there best player. But in my mind he is just mid major good. Don’t think he’ll be all that effective against us.
He’s almost identical to Tre Mitchell (and his name is Trey). He’s also only 6’9”. They have one other non-starting 6’9” player, a 6’7” guy and a bunch of 6’5” and 6’’3” guards. Very guard heavy but they aren’t known for paint scoring except Trey.

No need to worry about driving guards like A&M.

He’s almost identical to Tre Mitchell (and his name is Trey). He’s also only 6’9”. They have one other non-starting 6’9” player, a 6’7” guy and a bunch of 6’5” and 6’’3” guards. Very guard heavy but they aren’t known for paint scoring except Trey.

No need to worry about driving guards like A&M.
Good, maybe we can rebound that game too.

Reactions: TheDude73
They don’t. Their three main guards shoot almost entirely from the perimeter, and even then they are mid-30%.

I’d not take that Illinois or Ohio St game as anything except early season junk.
This makes me feel a WHOLE LOT better then. No excuses for not POUNDING this team!!

It's sad that UK fans have to even worry about 1st round matchups now.

Big physical teams are usually the teams they have troubles with.
Not as much big as physical, quick and lots of lane drivers. Also we have issues with teams that rebound.

Oddly, we really haven’t had any issues with good defensive teams except that one juggernaut appearance by USCjr. We’ve managed to score quite well against the best defensive teams in the country. That’s why I would LOVE to see us against Houston. That is going to be a fun one.

Same day and time slot as the Saint Peter’s game. I put in a tentative vacation request for Friday and all of the week after this coming in case I need to become a recluse for ten days.

Right. Because he has won more NCAA games over the last 14 seasons than any other coach.

But don’t let facts get in the way of a good ole unfounded Cal hate.
And he's the first to lose 3 consecutive home games since 1927. I mean I understand if YOU don't understand it but I understand why that guy might make that comment. I hope your guy hits it out the park and adds to that hot streak he had goin 7 years ago. Its kind of been drop off if you hadn't noticed. I wished I hadn't noticed it myself you lucky bastard.

Not as much big as physical, quick and lots of lane drivers. Also we have issues with teams that rebound.

Oddly, we really haven’t had any issues with good defensive teams except that one juggernaut appearance by USCjr. We’ve managed to score quite well against the best defensive teams in the country. That’s why I would LOVE to see us against Houston. That is going to be a fun one.
I hope we get there because knocking them off would be the best thing Cal could do for us as a fan base. No joke another Ohio state type run which is who we have compared this team too all year.

Reactions: BlueWhite21
He is a POS. @UKBB4Ever . The POS says we aren't Kentucky fans because we point out how far this program has fallen especially since Covid.
I got news for him
I was a Kentucky fan long before that jack ass was even born and I'll be a Kentucky fan till I die.
UKBB4Ever is Erin Calipari...whether or not she's a he is up for debate... ;)

In all seriousness if Kentucky were to lose first round do you think Cal would be replaced? Or does Mitch continue to ride with him?

UK needs to come out like they are on a mission. I could tell from the opening 5 minutes of the TAMU game that their heads were not in the game - for whatever reason. This is the NCAA tournament. Calipari has a chance to redeem himself with the fans and the basketball world. This is it. This is his moment. I just hope he has them ready to play.
GBB!

Reactions: BlueWhite21
Adjusted D they are lower than UK. They are like 136 in adjusted D. Nov game way different than March game. Illinois was still finding their way.

I would expect a high 70s game to mid 80s for UK. I think Oakland will try to slow it down as much as possible. They are way down in adjusted offense as well. Like 125 or so.

Reactions: Cats192
UK needs to come out like they are on a mission. I could tell from the opening 5 minutes of the TAMU game that their heads were not in the game - for whatever reason. This is the NCAA tournament. Calipari has a chance to redeem himself with the fans and the basketball world. This is it. This is his moment. I just hope he has them ready to play.
GBB!
I have a lot more faith in them every year lately thinking we are on a mission and then we go play in that damn SEC tournament and then every bit of that faith goes out the window but hopefully we get hot again and stay hot til April.

Right. Because he has won more NCAA games over the last 14 seasons than any other coach.

But don’t let facts get in the way of a good ole unfounded Cal hate.
Edit: I have gotten carried away with this and I’m sorry. I do not agree that Cal is performing at the level that should be expected. That said, that’s all I will say. I want Kentucky to win the National Championship and shut us up. Mods, you may delete if you so choose.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT