ADVERTISEMENT

walking dead

Who was the new dude that showed up after hurrican hugo with a dry cleaned shirt and pressed pants? Where do they find these weird ass white dudes at?

Originally posted by fballcats76:

Who was the new dude that showed up after hurrican hugo with a dry cleaned shirt and pressed pants? Where do they find these weird ass white dudes at?
Haven't read the comics, but my son has.

This Aaron dude is from some place called the Alexandria Safe Zone, or something like that.

And for the PC crowd, he is supposed to be the first openly gay character on the show.

Hopefully, the next character will be a militant feminist.

I still think it's an excellent TV show that keeps you glued wondering what is going to happen next. Still probably better than anything else on TV right now. And it seems like the ratings prove that.

Some of you just need to watch World War Z and Zombieland every Sunday at 9 PM.

Aaron is from the comics, and yes he's the gay character. I won't say anything else about him to keep from spoiling.

I figured this Aaron dude was gonna be another character who just shows up, has no story, no lines, no purpose other than to die in a few episodes like Bob, Tyrese, etc. Every character on the show is useless except for Rick, Darryl, Carol, Michonne, and to some extent Maggie and Abraham. No plot and no purpose.

Had to do some digging to even figure out what these characters' names are...

the-walking-dead-rosita-first-look.jpg.jpg

I'd rather watch one hour of Rosie O'Donnell naked in a semi-opened bathrobe sitting next to a fireplace in a well-upholstered Queen Anne chair while sipping on a stein full of hangover diarrhea than subject myself to another episode of this shitty show.

This post was edited on 2/17 11:43 AM by argubs2

Great the world is ending and zombies are eating people, let's put a Gay guy into the mix. Sounds like the writers are trying to get another section of people to watch the show. What is his weapon of choice a butt plug? Brutal

This show has sucked for years. I can't wait to watch it this Sunday night and then come on here and complain about it. It's one of my least favorite hours of the week!

Originally posted by VT/UK Rondo:

The new character is going to be interesting...friend or foe, hmmmm...
Never trust a sob that is spotlessly clean in the middle of a mud bath.

The show still hasn't recovered from the mid season break. Sorry but if the wind was bad enough to take out all the tree's the barn would have went with them, at the very least the doors would have been ripped off. Emotional Darryl sucks too. Maggie has been totally rewritten into caring about a sister she hasn't had two words for in the last 3 seasons. Half of the characters are just along for the ride right now. Does small talk count as drama?

Originally posted by JohnBlue_:

The new character is going to be interesting...friend or foe, hmmmm...
Never trust a sob that is spotlessly clean in the middle of a mud bath.

The show still hasn't recovered from the mid season break. Sorry but if the wind was bad enough to take out all the tree's the barn would have went with them, at the very least the doors would have been ripped off. Emotional Darryl sucks too. Maggie has been totally rewritten into caring about a sister she hasn't had two words for in the last 3 seasons. Half of the characters are just along for the ride right now. Does small talk count as drama?
Comic spoiler alert below...but before that I want to say that I have defended the show for what it is...a soap opera with a little bit cooler premise. However, I have my limits and Sunday's episode was pretty bad for many reasons. Emo Darryl, Long scenes of people NOT talking or really doing anything but staring at each other. People acting inexplicably strange with no real examination of why. Complete nonsense with the dream sequence.

Hopefully they will get back on track and the end of the episode points to cool story line from the comics.

Spoiler if you are really interested:

In the comic Aaron is good (and gay -not judging) people sent from a community of other good people to find parties that would make good additions. Hence the observation from afar. There are "trust issues" that have consequences.

These first two episodes have sucked. From Tyrese's a flashbacks to the magic tornado and now a the dude who shows up looking like he just went shopping at JCREW it's beyond crap at this point. Hope they can save this season but so far it's terrible.

If Aaron is looking for people to make good editions to his group, he needs to get Rick, Carol, Darryl, Glen, Maggie, Michonne,Carl and the baby and tell the rest of them goof balls to kick rocks.

If Aaron is looking for people to make good editions to his group, he needs to get Rick, Carol, Darryl, Glen, Maggie, Michonne,Carl and the baby and tell the rest of them goof balls to kick rocks.
Too bad Tyreese is dead, he could've made an awesome baby sitter at the next community.

Personally, I think Darryl ends up throwing the bone to Aaron.

The two Hispanics need to die, except the one Abraham bangs nerds to get naked first. Also , Carl needs to die..he's just getting paid to walk around.

Good show finally. The gay kiss was gross. And Rick needs to check the gender on his baby. I think that thing has a dick.

I'm more than surprised that they actually made it there. I figured they would try to stretch it out per usual. But yes, good episode.

Good episode but I still can't get over them just blasting down the road in a car at night. And then just taking his eyes off the road??

How many of these camps are they going to walk into before they learn no one wants you for you. After the last one I would have passed for sure. How did the motor home go from right on their bumper to hold up in town shooting flares? This new place feels like a rinse and repeat of woodbury, and terminus. The previews for next week shows the new group wanting them to give up their weapons before meeting the people. I'm like bs, wouldn't make that mistake again.

Originally posted by Vandalayindustries:
This show has sucked for years. I can't wait to watch it this Sunday night and then come on here and complain about it. It's one of my least favorite hours of the week!
I bailed out on this show in the middle of the second season. Think of all the good things I could have done with those saved hours of time since then - productive things like being on the Paddock.

This show hit an all time low last night. Another community that will try to kill all of them. The make out scene with the gay dudes was so awesome(as i threw up in my mouth). Why is Michone not a killing machine anymore. She went from not trusting anybody to we need a community. To make things worse we get some action of Carl checking out a house. Great I can't wait.

Originally posted by mdlUK.1:
Good episode but I still can't get over them just blasting down the road in a car at night. And then just taking his eyes off the road??
Then not using windshield wipers. Instead they get out to clean off the car? Turning off the car no less, which of course magically wont start because of walker body parts; although it ran fine 2 seconds prior.

Originally posted by bigblueinsanity:
Then not using windshield wipers. Instead they get out to clean off the car? Turning off the car no less, which of course magically wont start because of walker body parts; although it ran fine 2 seconds prior.
That's just TV but it burns me too while watching it happen.

They should just kill off everyone and start a new series based on World War Z.

The ending of the movie sucked anyways

This post was edited on 2/23 12:34 PM by TankedCat

I think this episode/season is excellent. Good characterization and story line. And this show isn't predictable at all. You predicted two gay guys from a safe zone would be spying on them in the woods and convince them to join them? Great call.

If going by the overall outline of the comics, it SHOULDN'T be repetitive of the Woodbury/Prison/Terminus TV stories. This new place represents a new start of sorts. It's going to be the closest they've come to civilization since the show began. There is a goldmine of characters, stories, plot lines, etc if they choose to stay with it a while. I'm hoping they stay with it through at least next season, and introduce the next villain, Negan, during this next season.

I think it's been great this season, other than the Atlanta hospital stuff. I'm a long time reader of the comics, and I'm hooked just to see what's the same and what's different. This past one was pretty identical to the comics in overall plot.

Originally posted by tncatsfan:
If going by the overall outline of the comics, it SHOULDN'T be repetitive of the Woodbury/Prison/Terminus TV stories. This new place represents a new start of sorts. It's going to be the closest they've come to civilization since the show began. There is a goldmine of characters, stories, plot lines, etc if they choose to stay with it a while. I'm hoping they stay with it through at least next season, and introduce the next villain, Negan, during this next season.

I think it's been great this season, other than the Atlanta hospital stuff. I'm a long time reader of the comics, and I'm hooked just to see what's the same and what's different. This past one was pretty identical to the comics in overall plot.
Agree. I think that people will soil themselves if they do the whole Negan "Something to Fear" and "All Out War" plot lines on the show. All the people who say it is predictable and boring will poop in their breeches. Let alone if they introduce The Kingdom and The Hilltop to the mix. Hell, everything in the show so far just seems like prelude to everything that happens after the 100th issue of the comics.

BTW, if some of you aren't reading the comics and want to, you can get up to speed using the Comixology app on iPhone, Windows or Android. It is completely private so no one will have to know that you have become a pathetic nerd. You can buy compilations of the old issues so it won't cost too much. Good toilet reading if nothing else...

Originally posted by tncatsfan:

I'm actually getting tired of the comics. I'll keep reading them, but it has dulled out. It's become a post-apocalyptical soap opera. No different than Days of Our Lives or General Hospital. Enough of the pansy wansy shit..

I understand where you are coming from. The ending of "All Out War" was a letdown, at first. I thought Kirkman did a good job of making it something different than previous similar arcs. I'm hoping the end of "All Out War" will be better viewed in hindsight. Rick's decisions at the end will have ramifications, good or bad, down the line. Kind of like the show, it's better than a lot of other stuff out there.

Im a huge fan of the tv show but they are losing me. It better pick up soon. The characters are a shell of their former selves and I hate most of the new characters.

I'm guessing daryl gets pissed and leaves or gers kicked out, fill with all kinds of side episodes. Then Negan attacks town finally and daryl returns.

Yall are some seriously whiny bitches.

i hate ricks new haircut
they should bring back that one character that died 4 years ago
i dont like the way carol walks
that one zombie is ugly
theres too many commercials
hyundais get terrible gas mileage
that redheaded dude looks awful in a wifebeater
why wont darrell shower
they should have picked the tudor style home last night
that dude is really gay

sick.r191677.gif

We should change the name of this thread to "the walking dead gripe about every single little trivial matter in the entire series, yet continue to watch religiously week in and week out" thread.

I thought this episode was okay. It was great to see Daryl whip some ass. I think they should just take the place and take control. rick in the security guard suit was terrible. I agree about Rick giving it to ol girl. Hope that happens. I've got a feeling that somebody will get killed when they go out on a mission to get supplies. That seems to be the way they get rid of people. There is no way that a woman and a gay guy would run my community. Carl is starting to think with the right head when you're 13. chasing that girl around, hopefully she gets him killed but I doubt it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT