ADVERTISEMENT

Florida allowed to signal their own TD! New low for $EC officiating

Judgment calls like that, offensive holding, etc. will never go in Kentucky's favor because the officials don't respect Stoops. Hard telling how many holding calls Deone Walker would get per game if he had a coach who the refs feared.

Contrast that with what happened in Austin tonight. Texas got screwed on a PI call that negated an interception and long return. The fans showered the field with beer cans for several minutes, then after they cleared the field, the refs reversed the call. It was shocking to see even though it was the right call. If that happened in Lexington we'd get a penalty for littering the field with shit, the PI would stand and the refs would laugh at Stoops' red face.

Reactions: catfan220
Ball was no where near the goal line.. but touchdown UF, without the signal. Sums up the season for me so far, it's just completely deflating.
Although I didn't have a dog in the fight, I was pulling for UK because I despise UF way more than UK, but from the last replay they showed of the play, which was from the pylon to the Gator offense's left, you can clearly see the UF ball carrier reach out and extend the ball across the goal line and he didn't appear to make contact with the ground prior. But the question would be should the play have been whistled dead prior to the ball crossing the goal line. There has always been some inconsistency with when a play should be blown dead in a scrum.

Reactions: Soupbean
I still remember the OT game in which FL beat us down there when the winning TD occurred after the play clock ran out, but those officials let the play go on. I was there that night, and knew something was rotten in Denmark. There were other really bad "spots" against us last night. We played horribly, but after players saw that the officials were not going to let them win, they emotionally sagged and eventually gave up. Nevertheless, a great team with good coaching would fight through all the bad calls and react like winners and not quitters.

What pisses me off is they blew Demie down very quickly near the goal line when his legs were still moving forward. But the UF player was nowhere near the goal line and it was somehow a touchdown.
And the catch he made was overturned, I know it wouldn't have changed the outcome but it gets old watching UK get so many obvious bad calls.

Why do we even have a play designed for a short curl on the far sideline? And why do we call that play on the first snap for a true fresh QB?

It was one route in the play. Throw was way late and he didn't step into it. Terrible looking attempt.

At that point, no way you being in s true freshmen. It does nothing but risk his confidence. If they want wimsatt to have touches, that was the time.

It was one route in the play. Throw was way late and he didn't step into it. Terrible looking attempt.

At that point, no way you being in s true freshmen. It does nothing but risk his confidence. If they want wimsatt to have touches, that was the time.
I think the fact they brought in Boley tells you how little they think of Wimsatt as a future starter and his (in)ability to throw.

Not a single official signaled TD! Unbelievable

Officiating has made itself obsolete. Need robots and drones making the calls that the pea brains on the field just can't handle. They're an embarassment at this point

Although I didn't have a dog in the fight, I was pulling for UK because I despise UF way more than UK, but from the last replay they showed of the play, which was from the pylon to the Gator offense's left, you can clearly see the UF ball carrier reach out and extend the ball across the goal line and he didn't appear to make contact with the ground prior. But the question would be should the play have been whistled dead prior to the ball crossing the goal line. There has always been some inconsistency with when a play should be blown dead in a scrum.
They have to go back to blowing the ball dead with any stop if forward progress cause everything is turning into a stand up scrum and that will always favor the offense when they are getting help from behind.

Reactions: Girthang
I think the fact they brought in Boley tells you how little they think of Wimsatt as a future starter and his (in)ability to throw.

No it doesn't. The game was done as it was. Haven't had a game like that where he could get SEC snaps. There is no perfect time, so he got some. Not a big deal

Wimsatt will never be a qb in the nfl but he might be able to get there at another position. Hes not doing himself justice staying at qb.

No it doesn't. The game was done as it was. Haven't had a game like that where he could get SEC snaps. There is no perfect time, so he got some. Not a big deal
I suspect it won’t be a big deal either bc one way or another this feels like the last year of Stoops, and when he leaves I just assume everyone of significance transfers out.

But I disagree that putting Boley in wasn't a sign about Wimsatt. If the coaches think Wimsatt could start next year you absolutely give him some full series reps and have him throw it around a few times.

The pick six on first down was Boley's first play of college football. The game was over and he was given the freedom to pass the football for the experience.
Game was much closer than final score.
An inch here and an inch there and it goes to the wire.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT