ADVERTISEMENT

walking dead

Pretty solid episode. Only real complaint is they didn't explain how they got away from the walkers when the kid started saying Mom, over and over.

Last edited:
Best episode in a LONG time. That kicked tail!

Jeffery Dean Morgan is going to play an awesome Negan.

what happens in da comics, doh? Everything holding true?
They take snipets from the comics, but not exact. There is no Darrel Dixon in the comics at all and Rick doesn't have a hand at this point. Seems like Merle took the place of missing a hand, but Carl does lose an eye in the comic. Hoping that Glenn gets it from Negan like he does in the comics....it should be one of the most brutal deaths that the show has had yet.

They take snipets from the comics, but not exact. There is no Darrel Dixon in the comics at all and Rick doesn't have a hand at this point. Seems like Merle took the place of missing a hand, but Carl does lose an eye in the comic. Hoping that Glenn gets it from Negan like he does in the comics....it should be one of the most brutal deaths that the show has had yet.

eugene134256.gif

The way budgets work ..... to pull off a higher budget episode like this.... they'll have to cut the budgets on other episodes. Which is why you'll see one truly kick ass episode then a bunch bland character building ones around it.

YOu should spoiler tag stuff like that last sentence for the people who haven't read the comics.

Definitely the best show of the season but I did hate to see the blonde killed off.

Me too. All the Alexandria people are pretty much dead that we were led to think might matter in Deanna, Jessie, etc. I mean we still have Aaron and some other more minor pointless characters that no one cares about, but he is about the only "main" Alexandrian still kicking and has almost survived a full 16 episodes with Rick and company now.

I thought it was a great episode. I really enjoyed it. I agree with the other guys saying now we will get more "filler" episodes due to the limited budget. I'm fine with that but I know some get all angry when those happen.

Was really glad to see blondies kids go, her too after she kept screaming and wouldn't let of his hand. No room for stupid people in that world.

I thought blasting the biker gang was awesome, it almost made up for them being dumb enough to stop and get out of the truck in the first place.

Was really glad to see blondies kids go, her too after she kept screaming and wouldn't let of his hand. No room for stupid people in that world.

I thought blasting the biker gang was awesome, it almost made up for them being dumb enough to stop and get out of the truck in the first place.
They sort of didn't have a choice when there were 10+ bikers with semis and autos pointing right at you.

Glad they killed that whole goofy family off, sadly with Jessie gone there is even less chance Carl gets a haircut!
Carl has now survived a 30-06 shot to the chest and a 9mm to the head...saved by a vet and a nursing student.
Loved that Father Gabriel finally seen the light and Eugene grew a sack! Hopefully Morgan has his head on straight now as well.
I thought both RPG scenes were pretty awesome!
Found myself hoping the Wolf lived. He might have made an interesting member of Alexandria.
It might get a little boring for awhile but it will still be intertaining to see how they recover and rebuild.

I hope that now Carl will grow a sack and be the Carl of the comics instead of the whiny Carl we all hate.

Glad they killed that whole goofy family off, sadly with Jessie gone there is even less chance Carl gets a haircut!
Carl has now survived a 30-06 shot to the chest and a 9mm to the head...saved by a vet and a nursing student.
Loved that Father Gabriel finally seen the light and Eugene grew a sack! Hopefully Morgan has his head on straight now as well.
I thought both RPG scenes were pretty awesome!
Found myself hoping the Wolf lived. He might have made an interesting member of Alexandria.
It might get a little boring for awhile but it will still be intertaining to see how they recover and rebuild.
Yeah, carl getting shot twice and surviving is bad enough but to have a Vet and nursing student save him is really hard to get past.

Somebody needs to check that fat nurse for a food stash.

I hope that now Carl will grow a sack and be the Carl of the comics instead of the whiny Carl we all hate.
Carol hasn't been whiny Carl since season 2. Where have you been? Or are you one that just rolls with what the mob of uninformed spew out?

i am too picky about some elements so some army experts help me out. A RPG has a built in safety delay to it, meaning it needs to travel for so long and for a minimum distance before it can detonate? so that proximity from Darryl to the bikers was no where near far enough for that to happen. but lets just say it did, Abraham and Sasha just stood there, a few feet away and weren't harmed, at all. they would have been destroyed by the shrapnel. but hey it is fantasy i know. and the zombies now walk around waiting for the "stars" to finish their lines talking in groups right in the middle of them before they attack. that is good training of zombies by the producers. and the wolves bad guy got a heart all of a sudden? and still no emotion from Maggie and Glen? you would have thought they would be knocking people down to get to each other, considering she thought he was dead? i understand the effects, but there is such lazy writing on this show. Breaking Bad ruined everything else on tv for me.

I'm still waiting on an explanation to the end of last season. The were walking through the walkers and the dimwit kid starts calling Mom, mom. So, how did they get him away from the walkers then?

Reactions: 420grover
I'm still waiting on an explanation to the end of last season. The were walking through the walkers and the dimwit kid starts calling Mom, mom. So, how did they get him away from the walkers then?

It was a great episode. I loved the newb tube to the bikers. Enjoyed all the kids being eaten/stabbed/shot in the eye. Hated the blonde dying. I also hoped that the bullet went straight through Carl's head, but of course it did a ricochet and cave out of the side of his eye socket.

I also was confused on the mom mom part they left in the cliffhanger. They then proceeded to change the storyline for them to get away from the house and it gets dark before the kid loses it. Why the change? I also wonder about the fuel in the pond. Why contaminate a possible drinking source? Couldn't they just spray all the fuel in an area away from the water and buildings and do the same thing there? Ignite a huge puddle of fuel to lure them in and then blast the group with the RPG. I think they could have accomplished the same thing without ruining some of their resources.

Overall it was a very good episode. They didn't show much for next week's episode on The Talking Dead except for Rick and Darryl running. So where are they running to or from what? Is Negan sending out some more of his boys to investigate the disappearance of the bikers and they saw that giant fireball coming up from Alexandria? I imagine this next episode (maybe more) will be pretty weak while they build up to whatever happens when they finally introduce Negan close to the season finale.

i am too picky about some elements so some army experts help me out. A RPG has a built in safety delay to it, meaning it needs to travel for so long and for a minimum distance before it can detonate? so that proximity from Darryl to the bikers was no where near far enough for that to happen. but lets just say it did, Abraham and Sasha just stood there, a few feet away and weren't harmed, at all. they would have been destroyed by the shrapnel. but hey it is fantasy i know. and the zombies now walk around waiting for the "stars" to finish their lines talking in groups right in the middle of them before they attack. that is good training of zombies by the producers. and the wolves bad guy got a heart all of a sudden? and still no emotion from Maggie and Glen? you would have thought they would be knocking people down to get to each other, considering she thought he was dead? i understand the effects, but there is such lazy writing on this show. Breaking Bad ruined everything else on tv for me.

I believe there are multiple types of grenades that can be fired from them. One that is setup to blowup after traveling for a certain amount of time (like a bottle rocket) and ones that explode on impact (like those poppers kids throw at the ground on the 4th of July). Judging by the look of the RPG Darryl was using, I believe his fired impact grenades. It looked small and cheaply made in my opinion.

I know a vet who is an excellent surgeon. I'd have no qualms about him saving someone from a gunshot wound.

The nursing student, especially one who quit and focused on psychology, is a bit more of a stretch.

RIP Jesse (P.S. - your kids sucked)
large.gif

Excellent episode....Still a show where every dumb mistake ends up coming back to bite you on the pass. Carl should have capped ol boy off in the house when he messed around. Now he has to hope all walkers come at him from the left side.

So so episode. Some stupid crap. Running after and TRACKING a truck in the Georgia heat? Seriously?

Why waste time chasing the guy the 2nd time?

Reactions: JohnBlue_
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT