ADVERTISEMENT

Walking Dead Returned Tonight (2/25/17)

Go back in time and have FX/HBO take a shot at 9 seasons and I guarantee it’s better than this garbage amc produced.

Well with HBO, you would have people banging every episode. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

OT but I started watching the strain...and the son on there is a billion times worse than Carl ever was.

Seems like the son in most every show is a horrible character. I watch a show called The Gifted that is from the X-Men universe. Two of the main characters are twins. One is a hot teenage chick (yes she's of legal age).

Board rule when mentioning a good looking female.
640full-natalie-alyn-lind.jpg

The other twin is an annoying teenage male. He might be a nice guy in person, but I just can't stand his character.
2018+Fox+Network+Upfront+bkDo_o0OOmql.jpg

Others mentioned and 1 that wasn't from off the top of my head.
max-charles-the-strain-season-2-fx.jpg

latest

gleeson.jpg

It's like there is a typecast that Hollywood follows to make certain characters. Teenaged males always seem to have bushy hair, are rebellious, and make stupid decisions. Not every teenager is like that, but you would think they were by watching TV and movies.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Go back in time and have FX/HBO take a shot at 9 seasons and I guarantee it’s better than this garbage amc produced.

TWD may not be the best show ever produced for TV. But to call it garbage is simply contrary to facts and logic.

What is also contrary to logic is claiming that a different network would have done it better. AMC is the network that brought us what IS the best show ever produced for TV...Breaking Bad. All cable networks have their share of great shows, horrible shows, and shows somewhere in between. FX brought us "Wilfred", about a man in a dog suit. HBO brought us "Sex And The City". Gives either of those a try and tell me about how the network made them great. There's no way of knowing how a different network could have made TWD any better or worse.

TWD may not be the best show ever produced for TV. But to call it garbage is simply contrary to facts and logic.

What is also contrary to logic is claiming that a different network would have done it better. AMC is the network that brought us what IS the best show ever produced for TV...Breaking Bad. All cable networks have their share of great shows, horrible shows, and shows somewhere in between. FX brought us "Wilfred", about a man in a dog suit. HBO brought us "Sex And The City". Gives either of those a try and tell me about how the network made them great. There's no way of knowing how a different network could have made TWD any better or worse.

Lol “contrary to facts and logic”. Ok chief

Well..the original pitch for TWD was to hbo in 2007. Supposedly at that point in time hbo said it was too dark and gory for what they wanted and went with True Blood instead. Which is funny considering only a few years later they went with GOT.

But the difference is hbo would have micromanaged them more to get things done. Amc...also known as Always More Commercials doesnt care as long as they can get eyes and stretch 20 minutes of content into an hour through commercials, they dont care what you do. That's the difference...hbo would make them actually give an hour of content a week and look over their investment. I read for the prison episodes they spent millions building that set and amc never checked up and let them do whatever..sounds good if you are a director, but with all the Ad money AMC didnt care and it's what let the series go to hell. Jmo. Hbo wont let ppl to have continuing trash seasons. For example True Detective was awesome..season 2 was trash. I'm willing to bet season 3 will not make those mistakes again.

Breaking bad never sucked bc vince Gilligan gets shit done...it wouldnt have mattered the network. TWD clearly needs a baby sitter and amc clearly stopped checking in on them after the initial few great seasons.

Last edited:
Twd used to be great till AMC started stretching it big time. It's laughable.

I agree hbo would've kept the show on arc and not milked it to death.

Reactions: CatOfDaVille
It's potentially amazing if on one of those two stations.

But I think a lot of the problem lies with Robert Kirkman as he doesn't seem to give a damn that the adaptation has gone to shit. Just seems to be content with being hands off and letting others **** it up so long as he is getting that money.

It's well known AMC is cheap with their TV shows. FX isn't.

Thank you all for backing me with good points and evidence, but all of our opinions are "contrary to facts and logic" so we should just not even post. People from Ohio are much smarter than us.

Didn't want to start another TWD thread, so I figured I'd just dig this one up.

As predicted, TWD will go on for years to come in some way shape or form. AMC is expanding the universe.

Rick isn't dead, he's getting patched up for full feature AMC films.

Folks, this story and universe are the Star Wars or Star Trek of this generation. Massive in scope with unlimited storytelling potential.

As for the current direction of the original show, judging by how the most recent episode ended it seems it's speeding up and taking a new direction. Little Judith is no longer a sweet little toddler but a regular John Wayne with the six shooter. The previews for the upcoming episodes looked interesting as well. Carol looks like she spent time in the Woodland Realm and learned how to use a bow.

I thought I was going to tire of the same old story like a lot of folks, but tonight there was an awakening, and I felt it. I'll be sticking around to see how it plays out.

So what's an A and a B?
Female - Male or
Highly skilled (i.e. doctor) - low skill set

I'm thinking it's skill sets, you need trained people to maintain helicopters, infrastructure, etc. Kind of like how Negan had a caste system of better accommodations for Eugene.

Last edited:
I was like others here. I was staying with the show mainly because of all the time I had invested in it. I was at the point that I was fast forwarding thru new episodes just to get thru them just stopping now and then to pick up some info. Last night's episode has got me back interested in truly watching it now.

Interesting episode. Not as optimistic. Show is getting fatigue from obviously stringing out the content. At this point I feel like there will be an actual zombie apocalypse before we see the end of this fictional one.

Also not a fan of the obvious force feeding of alpha females on the show. Literally every dominant character is now a woman. Cmon

Interesting episode. Not as optimistic. Show is getting fatigue from obviously stringing out the content. At this point I feel like there will be an actual zombie apocalypse before we see the end of this fictional one.

Also not a fan of the obvious force feeding of alpha females on the show. Literally every dominant character is now a woman. Cmon

They said on the talking dead that there was going to be a couple movies. And Rick will be part of them.

I stopped watching seasons ago. I did see that Rick was impaled on rebar and apparently he escapes? I don’t know, I don’t care.

A much cooler ending would have been a high elevation shot of a massive horde of zombies. It zooms in over and over until you see Rick is one of the nameless massive horde of zombies.

Apparently that was “the whisperers” walking among the horde, so no the zombies aren’t talking..

I also enjoyed this episode. The next few episodes look like they are going even more action oriented then they have been recently. So what has it been 5 or 6 years since Rick supposedly died? We have a much older Judith now. I hope she doesn't turn into another annoying Carl type of character.

The A or B thing doesn't appear to be what I thought. I was thinking it was going to be like a Brave New World (book where they had people bred for different classes from birth with Alphas and Betas being the top 2) where the different classes of people had labels and those determined things like their jobs. I like the female=A and male=B theory that the other poster mentioned. With a species on the verge of dying off, finding plenty of females to repopulate the species would be important.

I'm definitely intrigued with the direction the show is going, but there will be an adjustment period without Rick. Since it jumps ahead I am assuming they won't dwell on his supposed death unless they do a bunch of flashbacks like they used to do on the show. I wonder who will assume the leadership that was lost with Rick being gone? Also, is Negan still rotting in that cell? That's a long time for him to be stuck in there.

Watched. Definitely more intrigued. Still hate the majority of the characters (they killed off one with lots of potential and I rooted for) but I’ll keep watching.

Spoiler alert**

I just think the writing is getting lazier and dumber.

They just forget to lock Neegans cell door? He just walks right out? Really? 4 or 5 scenes after they cuff him to the cell to change his bedpan? They are not on maximum alert with him?
Jesus has a clear path to escape with the rest but chooses to stay and fight? Did anybody not see his demise coming as soon as that needless decision was made?

His death was a pretty cool scene though.

Reactions: CatOfDaVille
Spoiler alert**

I just think the writing is getting lazier and dumber.

They just forget to lock Neegans cell door? He just walks right out? Really? 4 or 5 scenes after they cuff him to the cell to change his bedpan? They are not on maximum alert with him?
Jesus has a clear path to escape with the rest but chooses to stay and fight? Did anybody not see his demise coming as soon as that needless decision was made?

His death was a pretty cool scene though.

I think someone intentionally left Neegan's cell door unlocked.

Lost interest after last season, like completely. Didn’t even watch rick die while my wife was watching in the other room. The whole Negan thing taking like 3 damn years killed it for me.

Reactions: Cawood86
I was 2 episodes behind and finally got caught up. The previous episode had an ironic moment. They showed Ponyboy riding in on a pony (horse).

The story is interesting again, but I don't know how long that will last. I think Gabriel intentionally left the cell door unlocked because he is tired of dealing with Negan's sh*t (figuratively and literally). Caused him to not be there for Rosita. Jesus' demise seemed predictable. He didn't want to be the leader and he went out to do dangerous stuff. He even tried to stay behind to hold off the walkers so the others could get away before Daryl overruled him. Then he stayed in the cemetery instead of escaping and gets killed. It's like he just had a death wish.

So is Negan going to go back and try and get the old band back together or is he going to join up with the Whisperers? Are the different groups going to stay split up? If so they will be easier targets to take out. They couldn't win against the Savior's until they all joined forced, but they all now seem to be only worried about looking out for themselves. Hopefully they don't just rehash the Savior storyline again with the Whisperers just thrown in.

Besides the spinoff movies, I don't see how much further they can take The Walking Dead. It just seems to be a modified version of the same storyline over and over at this point. Will a bunch of Leatherface wannabes keep things interesting for very long?

So did I miss something or have they just not went into detail as to why Maggie and Michonne do not get along?

They did not explain it. There was a chilly reunion between Michonne and Carol as well. We assume that will be revealed in the second half of the season. We also assume they’ll explain the X-shaped scars on Michonne’s and Darryl’s backs.

Reactions: Creed Bratton
I think it was all just rushed because they act like the actress who plays Maggie is gone from the show. At least for now. So I think they are just going to slowly fill in the blanks when they come up with a good idea. I am guessing she wasn't planned to leave the show and now they have to work a storyline around where she went. The issues between the characters and Jesus seeming out of place as leader are probably all because of that. Just a guess though.

Midseason premiere last night. Am I the only one still watching? I thought it was pretty good. The Whisperers are creepy.

Midseason premiere last night. Am I the only one still watching? I thought it was pretty good. The Whisperers are creepy.
I quit watching 3 seasons ago atleast. Just got a notification you responded to this thread..lol

Lost interest after last season, like completely. Didn’t even watch rick die while my wife was watching in the other room. The whole Negan thing taking like 3 damn years killed it for me.
Nowhere near the show it used to be. Not sure why it's still on.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT