ADVERTISEMENT

Walking Dead Returned Tonight (2/25/17)

CORAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool2:

Hopefully Rick goes all Charlie Manson now.

This show needs a major kick in the ass, IMO...

I've barely gotten through the last two seasons. I think it's time to wrap up this show.

630685_v2.jpg

Negan should have been introduced two seasons sooner than he was.

I suppose they drag things out because the ratings are so good.

I thought when the show began AMC said it would only be 5-6 seasons total, like Breaking Bad.

Reactions: Rupp'sRunt
Walking Dead is what it is. I really don't see that much difference in the show from when it started. I will say them going from group to group fighting is getting old. They need to change things up a bit. Maybe have them chasing a cure, a refuge or something of the sort would be a nice change of pace.

Reactions: Vandalayindustries
Quit watching the show and reading the comic.

Let me guess, the new season is about their home base being compromised and they become afoot to find the next temporary home base only to run into the next Gov/Negan character.

They had a good thing and ruined it.

Quit watching 2 or so seasons ago...tuned in for the negan killing Glenn episode..thought maybe it would get turned back up...nope. same thing...split up, Rick making terrible decisions, entire episodes on meaningless backstory, entire season to cross the street.

Heard Coral died..shocking bc I thought they only killed characters ppl had no emotional investment in these days..like some random dude who's been getting paid to be in the background for 2 seasons then, of course, gets an entire episode on his back story of how he liked fruit loops before the apocalypse so now when people eat out of bowls he thinks back to a more gentle time. Same type of mailing it in nonsense they've been doing forever.

I think that clearly there is no tie to Negan with "Coral's" death. It will be hard to make it Ricks motivation to get Negan. I believe that is being done intentionally.

As we saw in Carl's dream sequence...Negan living happily ever after with the group is therefore possible. I think we all like Negan in a weird way. I dont want to see him killed off. Maybe Carl,s death wish for the group to live a normal life once again will be the direction before the series ends. JMHO

Reactions: UK till Death
true but I fully expected it to take several episodes. Is it just me or does it seem they don't have as many zombie scenes as they used to. Maybe they are cutting the expense of the makup artist?

Oh I agree. At this point I'm surprised they didn't stretch his death scene to last all season too

It was drug out. I did like their take on "if it was your last day what would you do?" with Carl getting a picture with Judith and painted handprints on porch. Rick saying it's "a dad's job to protect his kids" was tugging on the heartstrings

Coral suck as a character on the show

Negan is boring and very unlikable even as a villain

The concept should lead to better stories and the actors are capable of doing more - but the shows being milked dried as AMCs cash cow....

Karl shoulda went out in a blaze of glory. I'm fine with him croaking out, but man do something like daryls brother did. He was with the cast a very long time and was basically given a meaningless death

Am I the only one still watching?

I am, but more out of habit than anything at this point.

I would be more invested if we were moving towards a conclusion at some point like GoT or BCS, but this show seems like it'll drag on forever.

I am, but more out of habit than anything at this point.

I would be more invested if we were moving towards a conclusion at some point like GoT or BCS, but this show seems like it'll drag on forever.
Well, we know this is Rick’s last season.

Man, I hope this season is a LOT more than just a loooooooong goodbye to Rick... and the obligatory "who's worthy" replacement saga. Though, they didn't waste time getting around to Maggie's handling of you-know-who.

Sill, some Whisperers better show up soon!

(Edited to remove spoiler)

Well, we know this is Rick’s last season.

Yes, and rather than make it a surprise to viewers, they've decided to market the entire season around it to get more viewers.

I still think they'll milk this show until the viewership gets so low that they have to cancel it. It would be nice if they came out and said that it's only going to be 2 more seasons or something.

It was a pretty boring episode. Just looks like they are splitting up the main group between the 3 places and going to have them fighting with each other over supplies until another common threat shows up. Will that be Negan escaping and taking back the Sanctuary or whatever group the junkyard leader (Jadis) is connected to?

Hopefully if it is associated with Jadis, we won't have a bunch more idiots who have lost the ability to speak normal English after a couple of years. That is one of the most moronic things about this show. They act like it has been hundreds of years without schools and the ability to communicate has devolved.

So are they going to merge this and “fearTWD” into one show? Seems that way..
Yeah the whole zombie genre thing is popular and always will be but this thing has been played out for awhile. I find myself more disinterested each season.

This show is still one of the best and more unique shows on TV.

It's 9 years old, so what?

"How long are they going to milk it?"

Well, they milked 6 friends sitting in an apartment or coffee shop for about 11 seasons and Homer hasn't aged a day in 30 years. Law and order is about 30 years in with no end in sight. Same old crime, investigation, tears, courtroom story arch every episode. Grey's is 15 years in to the same old doctors humping like rabbits and all their other personal baggage storyline.

I don't know that the plan is to just end the show. The universe this story has created is unlimited. It's possible that it could follow a Law and Order, NCIS, or CSI type of franchise path. The main characters will change over time and there will be offshoot shows that pop up in different parts of the country.

I think if you're looking for a hard final conclusion then you're looking at this the wrong way. This isn't a story with a stop. You have to look at it less like a TV show and more of a story universe that will go on in some way shape or form long after AMC ends the original version.

Kind of like Star Wars. The original story ended 40 years ago, but that universe and its stories are unlimited and still being told in some way today, whether it's the prequel or sequel movies or cartoons and novels about completely different characters and storylines.

Well, they milked 6 friends sitting in an apartment or coffee shop for about 11 seasons and Homer hasn't aged a day in 30 years. Law and order is about 30 years in with no end in sight. Same old crime, investigation, tears, courtroom story arch every episode. Grey's is 15 years in to the same old doctors humping like rabbits and all their other personal baggage storyline.

I don't know that the plan is to just end the show. The universe this story has created is unlimited. It's possible that it could follow a Law and Order, NCIS, or CSI type of franchise path. The main characters will change over time and there will be offshoot shows that pop up in different parts of the country.

I think if you're looking for a hard final conclusion then you're looking at this the wrong way. This isn't a story with a stop. You have to look at it less like a TV show and more of a story universe that will go on in some way shape or form long after AMC ends the original version.

Kind of like Star Wars. The original story ended 40 years ago, but that universe and its stories are unlimited and still being told in some way today, whether it's the prequel or sequel movies or cartoons and novels about completely different characters and storylines.

o_O

Yeah, I get what you're saying, but those shows you mention are either sitcoms or procedurals where each episode is self-contained with a story line that wraps up at the end of every episode. For formulas like that, having a show continue with no end in sight is fine.

Grey's Anatomy is not either of those, but it's crap, so it's not a good comparison.

The whole world-building concept I get, but that means that there will be spin-offs, not that the original show continues forever. Plus, that works better for movies, i.e. Star Wars, Marvel, etc.

In the TV world, GoT built a world that will likely produce other shows or movies, but the original has a finite story line that will wrap up next season. Even Star Wars has the original Skywalker family story line that will wrap up with Episode IX.

To have the original gang in TWD just continue indefinitely is bad TV IMO.

Reactions: Get Bucket$
Yeah, I get what you're saying, but those shows you mention are either sitcoms or procedurals where each episode is self-contained with a story line that wraps up at the end of every episode. For formulas like that, having a show continue with no end in sight is fine.

Grey's Anatomy is not either of those, but it's crap, so it's not a good comparison.

The whole world-building concept I get, but that means that there will be spin-offs, not that the original show continues forever. Plus, that works better for movies, i.e. Star Wars, Marvel, etc.

In the TV world, GoT built a world that will likely produce other shows or movies, but the original has a finite story line that will wrap up next season. Even Star Wars has the original Skywalker family story line that will wrap up with Episode IX.

Plus the main characters didn't get killed one by one. If Rick leaves, that leaves only Daryl and Carol from the original crew. Then Maggie and Mechonne.

Last edited:
Yeah, I get what you're saying, but those shows you mention are either sitcoms or procedurals where each episode is self-contained with a storyline that wraps up at the end of every episode. For formulas like that, having a show continue with no end in sight is fine.

In the TV world, GoT built a world that will likely produce other shows or movies, but the original has a finite storyline that will wrap up next season. Even Star Wars has the original Skywalker family storyline that will wrap up with Episode IX.

I'm not comparing TWD to sitcoms or traditional episodic shows. I was just pointing out that TWD lasting as long as it has is not unique or even a detriment to the show as plenty of very successful and wildly popular shows have last 10-15+ seasons.

It's not without its flaws and quirks, but it is still a money making and rating machine. I see no reason to end it within the next few seasons.

Most of the original gang isn't continuing. Rick exiting I think signals a change of direction and I'd be surprised if Daryl and Carol last much longer. The show is still technically "The Walking Dead" but it is not the same show as it started out, so I guess in a way the original arc that started 9 years ago is ending.

I agree that things need to eventually wrap up. However, the only things worse than a show that overstays its welcome and character arcs that last too long are characters and shows getting offed way too early.

Last edited:
I thought it was a great episode. Will be interesting to see how they treat Negan and I love the introduction of the Whisperers later this season.

Sure they have a universe that could be part of several stories...like with different ppl...what's NYC look like? But all this show is, is let's take an entire season to cross the road, split up...even tho it's worked out poorly every other time it's happened, bring on cast members ppl have no emotional attachment to and insult viewers by giving an hour long back story which no one cares about.

As cool as the first few seasons were, terrible show direction hindered everything

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT