ADVERTISEMENT

Wagner left hand layups

You ain't kiddin....he's a mess finishing that way....but he is adamant to keep trying it.

DJ shot 41%FG and 30% 3pt (and he sort of had to get hot in last few games to get even to 30% from deep).....if he comes and leaves here in 1 season putting up those numbers, and he never was able to be a plus defender while warranting 26 minutes a game.....what a negative for UK. Surely he is coming back to build off that season.

For comparison...
- Devin Askew was 35%FG and 28%3pt for reference and he played a much worse supporting cast and the game was less open floor (due to the surrounding talent) in his one year.

Savhir Wheeler was 41%FG and 36% 3pt for reference...and again I'd argue the supporting cast was not as good.

I don't think DJ was as bad as Devin....but I can't argue he was any better than Wheeler...and UK fans excoriated Wheeler to the point of him quitting. Why Cal started DJ over 2 superior PG is mind boggling.
UK fans didn't push Wheeler out. Wheeler pushed Wheeler out. He got benched and quit.

I’ll be honest, a couple of times last night I said “was that a lob !” . Was he expecting someone to be there ?
Thought the same thing. I was at the game and was pissed Ugo didn’t dunk the first “oop” and thought the same on the second.

Then I saw Wagner put his hands to his face and realized he was mad at himself for missing so badly.

Thought the same thing. I was at the game and was pissed Ugo didn’t dunk the first “oop” and thought the same on the second.

Then I saw Wagner put his hands to his face and realized he was mad at himself for missing so badly.
Honestly, Ugo isn’t coordinated enough to have much success on lobs . Some of the worst hands I’ve seen on a kid .

Radford shot 40%FG and 30%3pt this year.....he's a pure chucker is all he is.

DJ is a young dude and he'd likely improve a good bit and be as good as a guy we could buy via portal IMO.....

But if he comes and goes....he was just another dude that "was working on his game" and didn't really help UK do anything and need to avoid kids like this (but Cal ain't changing his philosophy)
It’s why they come here to begin with. They are sold on one and done. It’s what they want. Even if they are not ready.

Reactions: K_TIME
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT