ADVERTISEMENT

Something that has happened, but isn’t being said

Jan 27, 2023
Wagner isn’t playing point guard anymore. He starts the game as “starting point guard,” so I don’t think people have fully realized that’s not what he is anymore. He plays that roll for only a couple minutes. Any other time he’s on the floor, he’s playing two guard. I think this has helped him stop from pressing so much.

Last edited:
Wagner isn’t playing point guard anymore. He’s starts the game as “starting point guard,” so I don’t think people have fully realized that’s not what he is anymore. He plays that roll for only a couple minutes. Any other time he’s on the floor, he’s playing two guard. I think this has helped him stop from pressing so much.
He's always been a 2 guard. Much better in that position. A little undersized but he plays better off the ball.

He's always been a 2 guard. Much better in that position. A little undersized but he plays better off the ball.
Tried very hard to market him as a PG for most of the year. I’m not saying he can’t be, but right now he isn’t able to be a point guard. He’d have a harder time getting drafted as a 2 guard at his size. And weirdly he probably plays most like a small forward.

Reactions: MbergCat
Wagner isn’t playing point guard anymore. He’s starts the game as “starting point guard,” so I don’t think people have fully realized that’s not what he is anymore. He plays that roll for only a couple minutes. Any other time he’s on the floor, he’s playing two guard. I think this has helped him stop from pressing so much.

I was talking about it in the game thread.

I have to give Dj credit where it is due he hasn't one time pouted or seemed bothered by this being the case. I respect the heck out of him for that. I like how he hit his shots and just blends into the game in a good way. He seems to know our other gaurds are better playmakers.

Wagner never even played PG in high school, I see why Cal has tried to make him one here but that’s just not what he is.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
Was he playing point guard when he was in the middle of the court and backed up across the halfcourt line?

when fully healthy he’s proven he can beat people off the dribble and get to the rim. he’ll be a pg on the next level. his handles are good enough and so is his defense. no he can’t pass like reid, and few can. his ball reversals are usually very good. his first offensive initiation pass is the kind of decision making he needs to improve. he’s turned it over not being sure to pass or keep it many times this year. he has time to become a headier player. his size is a good attribute for finishing inside. maxey was the same. although he’s not as fast as him he good at getting the angle on people.

Tried very hard to market him as a PG for most of the year. I’m not saying he can’t be, but right now he isn’t able to be a point guard. He’d have a harder time getting drafted as a 2 guard at his size. And weirdly he probably plays most like a small forward.

He’s listed at 6’4, there’s a lot of good shooting guards in the league at that height and shorter.

He’s listed at 6’4, there’s a lot of good shooting guards in the league at that height and shorter.
The worst kept secret across the league is that UK gives everyone an extra inch. He will measure at 6’3 this will be another strike against him. An undersized shooting guard who isn’t very athletic and doesn’t shoot it well.

The shooting guards in the league who are that size, by the way, can shoot the hell out of the ball or are on another level athletically. DJ has plummeted in the mock drafts precisely because he’s an undersized guard who isn’t athletic and cannot shoot.

The worst kept secret across the league is that UK gives everyone an extra inch. He will measure at 6’3 this will be another strike against him. An undersized shooting guard who isn’t very athletic and doesn’t shoot it well.

The shooting guards in the league who are that size, by the way, can shoot the hell out of the ball or are on another level athletically. DJ has plummeted in the mock drafts precisely because he’s an undersized guard who isn’t athletic and cannot shoot.
That’s not a UK thing, that’s nearly every basketball roster in the world

Reactions: Girthang
I have to give Dj credit where it is due he hasn't one time pouted or seemed bothered by this being the case. I respect the heck out of him for that. I like how he hit his shots and just blends into the game in a good way. He seems to know our other gaurds are better playmakers.
He is a good young man. Glad he is playing better as well.

He’s been shooting it well the last few games. Your hatred of DJ is so middle school. DJ will do fine in the league. He’s a dawg.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT