ADVERTISEMENT

Wagner issues? (No issues)

Edwards went to the bench after playing great for several minutes. He was fist bumping and high-fiving his teammates. DJ held his hand out, but Edwards walked past. DJ kept his hand out.

I don't think Edwards saw him do it. It didn't appear to be anything other than Edwards didn't notice. That's my take.
This is 💯what happened. Typical BBN making something out of completely nothing!

So, who saw this Wagner being ignored by teammates stuff?? I didn't see it, but people have mentioned it. To those that actually saw something, is there something there? Or is this a ish stirring nothing burger.

Not trying to perpetuate rumors. Honestly just trying to figure out where this is coming from. I'm on record as saying that I believe he is legit hurt and no way would he voluntarily sit out.
Honestly, this is probably more indicative of the state of the fanbase/media than it is anything with the actual players.
Media looking to drum up clicks/interaction
Fans looking for something to blame on Cal
Fans looking for a reason to complain even when the team wins

Bradshaw to USC, Dillingham will never make it to campus, Reed will never get real PT, Cal will pack in 7 footers and clog up the lane, etc

Reactions: shodaman
I saw it and thought it was funny. Edwards just didn’t see him.

I was waiting for Wagner to say, “dude, you left me hangin’.” LOL!

Reactions: bbncal02
Wagner is jealous of Reed Sheppard and won’t pass him the ball.

These dudes have been nothing but awesome kids since their arrival and are trashed on a regular basis on this board complete with made up rumors questioning their integrity.

There is no chemistry issues within the team. Surprisingly this years team gets along much better than teams the past several years. They are genuinely good kids who cheer each other on. The 2 home losses to Florida and Tennessee truly seem to have awaken them and they seem to have mentally shifted. I just hope it translates to the court against better competition. Only time will tell.
how can you say they woke up.....just because they beat a bad Vandy team?
They still gave up nearly 80 points to Vandy.
Now if they play like that against Gonzaga, Auburn & Alabama.....then you can make that statement

Reactions: KFuqua
Now if they play like that against Gonzaga, Auburn & Alabama.....then you can make that statement
No because I witnesses the morale and what they were saying yesterday prior to the game. I posted about it on here before the game started. They had a chip on their shoulder and something to prove after the previous weeks performances. As stated I sure hope it carries over to games against better competition as well.

People forget these are still young guys and in lots of ways kids. Could’ve been an inside joke, could’ve been as simple as they had a mini argument that morning. Or it could’ve a serious issue. Who knows?!

They gave up 77. And 22 of those came at the line. Vandy averages 72-74 a game. Bama gave up 74 to them. Guess the SEC leader sucks too.

We beat them by 32 and if it weren’t for the refs marching them to the line with a 18pt differential there we’d have won by 40 +. It’s not reason to celebrate per se but we did what we were supposed to do.

Reactions: CGblue and shodaman
I believe there's something in Cal's ego that simply won't allow him to do something the bennies see weeks before he does. He'll fight something, almost to the end, before he caves. Wins or losses be damned. He has to prove the hilljacks wrong. BBN knowing basketball drives him nuts.

Why he's like this is baffling to me. We all just want to win. Get over your pride and give your team the best chance to win, Cal.

Swimming Fails GIF - Swimming Fails Early GIFs

Some of our fan base are SO desperate for there to be chemistry issues with this team (not you SemperFi, the people who originate these rumors).

These dudes love each other- Wagner and Edwards were out this past weekend on their Instagram story, they are always laughing and joking with each other, etc.
You'll never guess who started the rumor on this message board.....
And let me preface this by saying that he had a great game tonight.

That said...

Did he intentionally snub DJ's high five when he came out? Because it looks like DJ thinks he did.

Second question.

Does Edwards know where the gym is? Because I swear his arms look skinnier every week. I thought I saw Z whisper to him, "Dude you want to hit the curl machine with me later?"

So, who saw this Wagner being ignored by teammates stuff?? I didn't see it, but people have mentioned it. To those that actually saw something, is there something there? Or is this a ish stirring nothing burger.

Not trying to perpetuate rumors. Honestly just trying to figure out where this is coming from. I'm on record as saying that I believe he is legit hurt and no way would he voluntarily sit out.
Nothing burger.

Reactions: Cold Stout Beer
Some of our fan base are SO desperate for there to be chemistry issues with this team (not you SemperFi, the people who originate these rumors).

These dudes love each other- Wagner and Edwards were out this past weekend on their Instagram story, they are always laughing and joking with each other, etc.
Exactly, this team has gotten along from day 1. It was the same way with Bradshaw when people thought he wouldn’t play. Kid has been happy and supportive all year.

Imagine being so clueless that you don’t understand pace and possessions so you cry about a team who shot 36% because they scored 77 points. I can’t stop laughing at the clown car and it’s passengers.

Reactions: shodaman
Anything to deflect from making up dumb lies and spreading rumors. LOL at the low integrity frauds.
After the Sharpe fiasco, and Bradshaw not playing for several months into the season, people are going to speculate. Your BFF Cal has a history of not being honest and open about things, which feeds into fan speculation. Pack a rope way up there on your imagined moral pedestal. When Cal leaves you may need it to climb down and move with him.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
After the Sharpe fiasco, and Bradshaw not playing for several months into the season, people are going to speculate. Your BFF Cal has a history of not being honest and open about things, which feeds into fan speculation. Pack a rope way up there on your imagined moral pedestal. When Cal leaves you may need it to climb down and move with him.
Cal ain’t my BFF, I’ve had plenty of issues with Cal. It’s just that I’m not a lowlife who trashes kids, lies, and make up rumors about them because of it. LOL at speculating because y’all date the BS you make up as fact then help to spread it.Inagine people who lie and make up rumors complaining about someone being open and honest.

I hated Cal’s offense with zero spacing or driving lanes. I hate that he doesn’t zone underneath out of bounds. Usually not a fan of his substitution patterns. I don’t like that he keeps starters in the whole game during blowouts and gives the bench mayne a minute, and a number of other issues. I’m fully capable of just saying what issues I have without calling him Cow, trashing players, or making up BS rumors.

Cal ain’t my BFF, I’ve had plenty of issues with Cal. It’s just that I’m not a lowlife who trashes kids, lies, and make up rumors about them because of it. LOL at speculating because y’all date the BS you make up as fact then help to spread it.Inagine people who lie and make up rumors complaining about someone being open and honest.

I hated Cal’s offense with zero spacing or driving lanes. I hate that he doesn’t zone underneath out of bounds. Usually not a fan of his substitution patterns. I don’t like that he keeps starters in the whole game during blowouts and gives the bench mayne a minute, and a number of other issues. I’m fully capable of just saying what issues I have without calling him Cow, trashing players, or making up BS rumors.
252 posts in and almost all them exclusively for feigning outrage of anyone who questions Cal. As for "trashing kids." Good grief man. Hyperbolic much?

Reactions: TFCats11
Yeah, over 20 of those were made free throws and you know that. When you score 109 it’s not shameful that the other team scored 77 specially when they’re averages somewhere around 74

252 posts in and almost all them exclusively for feigning outrage of anyone who questions Cal. As for "trashing kids." Good grief man. Hyperbolic much?
Can’t comment on the subject because you’re guilty. Always some message board BS from the fake UK fans who spend all their time being toxic and trashing players. Yes, when you claim DJ Wagner is faking an injury that’s trashing kids. When you lie and say Justin Edwards is shutting it down that’s trashing kids. Same for the Aaron Bradshaw Klutch BS y’all made up. LOL at you trying to play the victim.

At the end of the game. I saw DJ and Reed laughing and pointing to someone in the stands, looking like they were very happy, no signs of issues. I did see when one of the Cats went to the bench DJ was over by the end of the bench with a five hanging and this player headed toward the other end, probably didn't see him. Not a problem that I could tell, just the way it worked out.
I remember seeing that.

Edwards went to the bench after playing great for several minutes. He was fist bumping and high-fiving his teammates. DJ held his hand out, but Edwards walked past. DJ kept his hand out.

I don't think Edwards saw him do it. It didn't appear to be anything other than Edwards didn't notice. That's my take.
This absolutely happened and it was on tv for all to see. It would be easy to go back to the replay of the game and post an edit of it here. I saw it, too. Said something immediately in the game thread that it was an interesting "moment" ...

The team seems to have good chemistry.

Both of the above statements can be true.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT