ADVERTISEMENT

Wagner Edwards

More clowns coming out of the woodwork I see. We have THE BEST bench in the country. You don't mess with that. And it doesn't matter who starts for the 100th time lol. My lord...
I am sure fans worry more about who starts than the players. Also if coaches gave up on players as quickly then at some point during the season, all of the players would be on the bench.

Reactions: gharding07
If Wagner doesn't start Kentucky surely beats UNCW. Since Wagner played in that game UK suffered one of the 5 worst losses of the Calipari era.

Reactions: KFuqua
How pivotal to the team’s success was he tonight? I do believe if the dude blew out his knee and we were forced to play Reed and Dilly more, and give Thiero more time at the 3 - we’d be FINE - if not better.
Wasn't he the SEC freshman of the week the last two weeks? Guys have bad games, that's just how basketball works. And on a team like this there will be games where good players score very few points just because other guys were hot that night.

Is that a real fear for you due to our starting line up? Our line up is good where it is. I bet 90% of the posts on this thread agree.
I'm fine with the lineup. Just start Thiero over Edwards. I'm just arguing that saying it doesn't matter who starts is aisine. If that was the case why didn't Phil Jackson bring Scottie Pippen and Jordan off the bench?

I'm fine with the lineup. Just start Thiero over Edwards. I'm just arguing that saying it doesn't matter who starts is aisine. If that was the case why didn't Phil Jackson bring Scottie Pippen and Jordan off the bench?
When guys have similar skill sets IN COLLEGE then no it doesn't matter. When you compare 2 guys that are top 25 all time nba players then yeah lmao.

Reactions: shodaman
Because it's NOT an absolute one size fits all situation. Every player and every team is different......they pay people lots of money to figure out the best scenario for the team they coach.

Reactions: gharding07
2-3 minutes. So you agree it doesn't matter who starts then....because it only for 2-3 minutes. You Still avoid the FACT that's Reeds worst game as a cat was as a starter
You mean the game he had 25 points, 9 rebounds, and 6 assists. That’s the only game he started and he was the only one that showed up for that game

Thiero was having back issues which is what sidelined him....but yeah..."sabotage". Goodness.

Who TF cares who starts? I care who PLAYS.

Wagner literally just won SEC Freshman of the week and hit two HUGE shots down the stretch to help us win vs. UNC, and we also got out to a hot start and took the early lead against UNC.

But yeah, the "experiment" should end.

There's about 20% of this board that are complete and total shitshow on a daily basis and it's wild to me.

We might be ranked in the Top 5 come Monday and people act like the sky is falling. Crying and sobbing in every thread "Wahhhhh my favorite player doesn't get to play for the jump ball wahhhh".

Who. TF. CARES. They ALL play. They are ALL happy. We are WINNING. The guys LOVE each other and cheer for each other's success.

The only "fans" who care about this stuff are on this board.

And I didn't hear them say SHIT after Wagner helped us take down UNC or Wagner won us the St. Joe's game.
There is always St. Peters lurking in the background

And if Rob or Reed starts we might have been down 11-0. Dumbest what if argument ever..
No, Reed had a great +/- that game. Cal took Sheppard out when UK was up 60-51. Kansas went on a 14-2 run to make it 62-65. Then UK was up 81-75 and Cal took him out again, and Kansas went on a 10-2 run to make it 83-85. Those two times that Reed was taken out resulted in UK being outscored 24-4 as soon as Sheppard was pulled over two different points in the second half

I like it with Dillingham and Sheppard come off the bench. That is what you need top players coming off the bench that score 12-16 ppg, the number of assists and steals both Shep and Dilly provide off the bench. Wagner has been playing outstanding ball and I thought tonight Edwards in the 2nd half started to play better basketball when the shots started falling for him. If we have Edwards step start to step it up and I like how Coach Cal has pretty much put him on the bench with 14-15 minutes the last 2-3 games and made Edwards know he needs to step it up and play like he is capable of playing each night. We saw a big glimpse of that in the 2nd half tonight with Edwards. To see Wagner and Bradshaw score only 4 points between them and only play 20 minutes each and UK still win by 19 is huge when it comes SEC time and March Madness time. I thought Edwards was starting to break out in the 2nd half and he scored 13 points. We had Reeves with 30, Mitchell with a big game with 18 & 12 double-double, Sheppard 11 and 11 assists huge game, Dillingham with 12, and Edwards with 13 and 7 tonight. The next game we will see big games from Wagner and Bradshaw and that is what a good team needs that can 8 or 9 deep and have 2 or 3 players have double-double games. This team is special and has a great shot at the Final Four and winning it all but the one big thing that has hurt UK the last 2 seasons is Injuries during last part of the season heading into March Madness. UK needs to stay healthy and we know Coach Cal teams always gets better on 'D' throughout the season.

Edwards scored 9 points after the 9:00 mark of the second half. Garbage time points. While Theiro played 3 second half minutes. Seems like sabotage of one guy.
I honestly think we would be better if Edwards hadn't chosen UK. Adou and Reed would be getting those mins. Adou is a stud and a future all American. Needs more mins to get into a rhythm.
That said I love Edwards upside as well and I'm in no way putting him down. Edwards playing through struggles is just at the detriment of Thiero

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
If you don't think that 5-0 is some great lead then why would it be such a problem against a #5 seed? You are obviously so dumb you don't understand what you are typing implies.
I could explain it to you using small words but at this point I think its still 50/50 whether you would understand.

just try "wrapping your head around" spotting a team 5 points that you have to play your "A" game to beat.

if that makes you dizzy or god forbid forces you into a moment of introspection, sit down, breath evenly and try taking a nap

86vc13.jpg
This makes me laugh every time

Reactions: University-6
It’s not who starts. It’s who finishes.

That said, the slow starts are annoying and I think related. But whatevs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT