ADVERTISEMENT

Wagner Edwards

Apparently Cal doesn’t think they play the same position? And for whatever reason Cal is good with taking Adou’s heart but not Edwards. I really don’t get it. Thiero, with enough exposure, is a first round pick.

Best athlete on the floor most nights for either team and understands the game and is physical, competitive, and makes winning plays.
Apparently you know how Cal thinks…stupid ass

Reactions: chattanoogawildcat
More clowns coming out of the woodwork I see. We have THE BEST bench in the country. You don't mess with that. And it doesn't matter who starts for the 100th time lol. My lord...
The first 5 minutes of both halves tonight were atrocious. ........and that's not the first time that has happened.

So, there's THAT.

And THAT could be enough to get you beat against a lot of teams. Especially come tournament time.

Cal has got to fix THAT.....

We need everyone to be our "best" technically.... The questions are:
1. How much growth or chemistry are you losing from the other 8 by them not playing his minutes
2. Is that 8 good enough to win a title and beat anyone in the country
3. Does he add more to make us better than any of those 8
I definitely think he does. I’d bet the staff and team believes that too.

Is this a real take? So you'd rather go down let’s say 16-2 to purdue in the tournament?
lol what? He’s right, it doesn’t matter who starts. You don’t lose in the first four minutes . We get that energy off the bench and it’s working great

The first 5 minutes of both halves tonight were atrocious. ........and that's not the first time that has happened.

So, there's THAT.

And THAT could be enough to get you beat against a lot of teams. Especially come tournament time.

Cal has got to fix THAT.....
Not it’s not. Cal’s doing great

Serious question...no one on the team plays 40 minutes a game. Why are some of you so obsessed who gets rest at the first 3 minutes vs the second 3 minutes? Sheppard had the most minutes for gaurds other than reeves...

Last time I checked Sheppard has been on the floor at the end of important games...so why is being on the floor for a start game jump ball such an indicator to you?

Plus Wagner has been playing well.

I think the chemistry is fine how it is, and it's actually a good punch when they come in and shock the other teams lineup.

But if your indicator is but but he didnt get to give high fives and hear his name when the lights are dark and think that makes a difference...ok.
Plus Wagner has been playing well...Wagner is doing ok, but just not what he was advertised.

I truly wish there was a message board where people who post stupid things got banned........ but I dream .
how about a message board where stupid people ban people? We call that the Louisville board

Its an echo chamber of 14 people who don't want to hear anything but the mod approved messaging and zippy

Reactions: KFuqua and Ugoff
Honestly if all 8 of our key guys don't all get 40 minutes and 20 points per game Cal's doing a bad job coaching and needs to be fired.

Reactions: jbne222
how about a message board where stupid people ban people? We call that the Louisville board

Its an echo chamber of 14 people who don't want to hear anything but the mod approved messaging and zippy
You're right....censorship is never the answer...... but damn......this whole "start Reed and Dilly " bs is the new "Is Richie gonna play tonight".
It's like nails on a chalk board

Reactions: ganner918
I don’t care if Sheppard starts or not as long as he gets plenty of minutes. However, I wish all of the guards were as unselfish as him. He loves making a play for someone else.

Reactions: KFuqua
UK starts 3 guards and they had 4 assists combined. Reed had 11 assists but isn’t good enough to start. The only reason it works is because he is such a team player. Take one of those other guards out of the starting lineup and see if they are as happy as Reed is. It’s so obvious they play better as a team when he’s on the floor. His +/- is by far the best on the team
Tonight Reed played 27 minutes and had a +/- of +27 . All while taking 6 shots . Wow

You're right....censorship is never is the answer...... but damn......this whole "start Reed and Dilly " bs is the new "Is Richie gonna play tonight".
It's like nails on a chalk board
But Reed and Dilly are outplaying Wagner and Edwards and it’s not close. Reed and Dilly have moved ahead of Wagner and Edwards on draft boards.

There’s really no argument to be made in favor of starting and giving big minutes to Wagner and Edwards.

Only those who wish to defend Cal and whatever decisions he makes would argue for starting Wagner and Edwards. You know who does love to see those guys starting and playing tons of minutes? The opposing coaches.

Is this a real take? So you'd rather go down lets say 16-2 to purdue in the tournament?
Or we could go up 16-2. Or or we could be down 2. Or we could go on a 12-2 run while brashaw is in foul trouble. Or we could never play Purdue ever.

If my aunt had balls she’d be my uncle. Hypotheticals are useless

Reactions: bigbluelou
But Reed and Dilly are outplaying Wagner and Edwards and it’s not close. Reed and Dilly have moved ahead of Wagner and Edwards on draft boards.

There’s really no argument to be made in favor of starting and giving big minutes to Wagner and Edwards.

Only those who wish to defend Cal and whatever decisions he makes would argue for starting Wagner and Edwards. You know who does love to see those guys starting and playing tons of minutes? The opposing coaches.
Wagner should not be starting. I think he is incredibly overrated here.

I just want the best decision makers getting the lion share of the minutes. I don't care who starts.

Sheppard has the most assists of a UK player against Louisville. He seldom forces anything, and he doesn't have to score in order to earn his time on the floor.

I’m not sure your opinion can even be taken seriously. Aren’t you the one who thinks we don’t even need DJ on the team period?

Reactions: Tedington68

You forgetting that Reed and Rob come in with fresh legs after DJ and Justin take the air out of the opponents starters......when Reed did start he played some of his worst minutes as a Cat........don't fix what isn't broken

• Haha
Reactions: Cowtown Cat
I’m not sure your opinion can even be taken seriously. Aren’t you the one who thinks we don’t even need DJ on the team period?
How pivotal to the team’s success was he tonight? I do believe if the dude blew out his knee and we were forced to play Reed and Dilly more, and give Thiero more time at the 3 - we’d be FINE - if not better.

I don’t think the commentators know what to make of it.

Has anyone in the media asked Cal directly why Wagner, and Edwards, continue to start?
wasn't last week Cal talking about Edwards saying he can't play but he'll invite him over to the house and make him a pizza?

Cal knows, Cal is just going to do what Cal always does. Maybe this year it pays off instead of losing to a Kansas St

Both projected Lottery picks. They get longest ropes.

You forgetting that Reed and Rob come in with fresh legs after DJ and Justin take the air out of the opponents starters......when Reed did start he played some of his worst minutes as a Cat........don't fix what isn't broken
Give me a break. Wagner and Edwards played a whopping 2-3 minutes before coming out down 5-0. They don’t take the air of anyone 😂

Edwards scored 9 points after the 9:00 mark of the second half. Garbage time points. While Theiro played 3 second half minutes. Seems like sabotage of one guy.
Those were not garbage time points, good grief. We may have had a nice lead but for a while there he was the only one scoring for us. We absolutely needed someone to make plays at that time, and by god he did.

Give me a break. Wagner and Edwards played a whopping 2-3 minutes before coming out down 5-0. They don’t take the air of anyone 😂
2-3 minutes. So you agree it doesn't matter who starts then....because it only for 2-3 minutes. You Still avoid the FACT that's Reeds worst game as a cat was as a starter

Edwards scored 9 points after the 9:00 mark of the second half. Garbage time points. While Theiro played 3 second half minutes. Seems like sabotage of one guy.

Thiero was having back issues which is what sidelined him....but yeah..."sabotage". Goodness.

Who TF cares who starts? I care who PLAYS.

Wagner literally just won SEC Freshman of the week and hit two HUGE shots down the stretch to help us win vs. UNC, and we also got out to a hot start and took the early lead against UNC.

But yeah, the "experiment" should end.

There's about 20% of this board that are complete and total shitshow on a daily basis and it's wild to me.

We might be ranked in the Top 5 come Monday and people act like the sky is falling. Crying and sobbing in every thread "Wahhhhh my favorite player doesn't get to play for the jump ball wahhhh".

Who. TF. CARES. They ALL play. They are ALL happy. We are WINNING. The guys LOVE each other and cheer for each other's success.

The only "fans" who care about this stuff are on this board.

And I didn't hear them say SHIT after Wagner helped us take down UNC or Wagner won us the St. Joe's game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT