ADVERTISEMENT

Wagner Edwards

R.af436fef716b76a945333bdc9f251b4d

You know the team is good when every thread is about what player didn’t play lights out that night. It’s every game. DJ didn’t have 30 wahhh, Edwards didn’t do much(13/7 6-10 looks good to me.) Adou don’t plays enough. Sheppard should play 3 spots by himself. He should pass to himself, and score himself too. I can’t believe Cal won’t make him pass to himself!!!! Arghhh 😂

I"m ok with Wagner, but every game is a teaching moment for Edwards. Cal doesn't seem to have a problem sitting him and calling him out for making bad decisions, but he puts him right back in the first chance he gets.

The fans will be ok with it as long as UK is winning.

I"m ok with Wagner, but every game is a teaching moment for Edwards. Cal doesn't seem to have a problem sitting him and calling him out for making bad decisions, but he puts him right back in the first chance he gets.

The fans will be ok with it as long as UK is winning.
It was pretty obvious Cal thinks we need Edwards to be our best and I would agree. He kept him going and was rewarded second half. Play Adou a little more but if Edwards gets consistent like this we will be really tough.

its all boils down to what the team does in the tournament. If Edwards is a no show in a game UK loses prior to the final four, Cal's name is mud

Time to start Reed and Dilly.
Serious question...no one on the team plays 40 minutes a game. Why are some of you so obsessed who gets rest at the first 3 minutes vs the second 3 minutes? Sheppard had the most minutes for gaurds other than reeves...

Last time I checked Sheppard has been on the floor at the end of important games...so why is being on the floor for a start game jump ball such an indicator to you?

Plus Wagner has been playing well.

I think the chemistry is fine how it is, and it's actually a good punch when they come in and shock the other teams lineup.

But if your indicator is but but he didnt get to give high fives and hear his name when the lights are dark and think that makes a difference...ok.

That’s the change.
Apparently Cal doesn’t think they play the same position? And for whatever reason Cal is good with taking Adou’s heart but not Edwards. I really don’t get it. Thiero, with enough exposure, is a first round pick.

Best athlete on the floor most nights for either team and understands the game and is physical, competitive, and makes winning plays.

It was pretty obvious Cal thinks we need Edwards to be our best and I would agree. He kept him going and was rewarded second half. Play Adou a little more but if Edwards gets consistent like this we will be really tough.
We need everyone to be our "best" technically.... The questions are:
1. How much growth or chemistry are you losing from the other 8 by them not playing his minutes
2. Is that 8 good enough to win a title and beat anyone in the country
3. Does he add more to make us better than any of those 8

Reactions: Fox2monk
UK starts 3 guards and they had 4 assists combined. Reed had 11 assists but isn’t good enough to start. The only reason it works is because he is such a team player. Take one of those other guards out of the starting lineup and see if they are as happy as Reed is. It’s so obvious they play better as a team when he’s on the floor. His +/- is by far the best on the team

• Love
Reactions: KFuqua
Edwards scored 9 points after the 9:00 mark of the second half. Garbage time points. While Theiro played 3 second half minutes. Seems like sabotage of one guy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT