ADVERTISEMENT

VJ decision day

First of all, I'm not a journalist. I'm an anonymous 44 year old posting on a message board in my sweatpants so I'll make up anything I want thank you very much.

Second, it's called an educated guess, genius. I never said anything was a fact. However, it's not exactly a secret that schools are recruiting with NIL. Not sure why you're pretending they aren't. You're weird, man.
Nice strawman, I’m not pretending they aren’t paid NIL. I’m saying you’re making claims that you know nothing about. You don’t know how much any school offered but still make these claims. There’s nothing educated about your guess, you have nothing to back up the claims you made.

Congratulations on making up anything you want. I never said you couldn’t, I’m just gonna call you on it when you do. It’s the circle of life.

Nil doesn’t work like that. You don’t bid or guarantee.
Duke, Kansas, UNC, and Baylor all do. Why is UK somehow above all that?

Oh, I know! Because Cal's arrogant enough to think that he's above all that. He'll let Shaedon Sharpe hide and betray the program, but he won't tell a kid that they've got NIL locked up when they get here.

Here's something I've learned about you and a few others - if Cal promised NIL, you guys would spin it somehow to show your support for it.

It’s a wonder we can sign anyone with Cal’s attitude toward NIL, which is crazy coming from him. He’s always been a big supporter of paying players. Now he doesn’t want to? Lmao what a hypocrite.
You clearly have no clue what you are talking about.

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
Nice strawman, I’m not pretending they aren’t paid NIL. I’m saying you’re making claims that you know nothing about. You don’t know how much any school offered but still make these claims. There’s nothing educated about your guess, you have nothing to back up the claims you made.

Congratulations on making up anything you want. I never said you couldn’t, I’m just gonna call you on it when you do. It’s the circle of life.
Not a strawman at all. I said you're pretending schools don't  recruit with NIL and you are. You're naive if you really believe they aren't.

But whatever. Believe what you want, and I'll do the same.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat

Oh, I know! Because Cal's arrogant enough to think that he's above all that. He'll let Shaedon Sharpe hide and betray the program, but he won't tell a kid that they've got NIL locked up when they get here.

Here's something I've learned about you and a few others - if Cal promised NIL, you guys would spin it somehow to show your support for it.
It’s unbelievable! It’s almost like a cult! Say anything to slight Cal and they’ll come after you. It’s incredible!

How many times have any of those schools had classes ranked ahead of UK’s?

• Haha
It's a different age now. You have to pay to get guys to play.

UK needs to go all-in on the NIL. That means Barnhart, Cal, and the entire UK athletic department. No more hiding behind politically correct terms. Go all in, and own the NIL market. We have the salary cap to do it. This is Kentucky. Let's start acting like it. That means the fans like you as well, the ones who constantly move the goal posts and make excuses.

You guys look small. Start acting like a Kentucky fan and demand better.

KU, Baylor and the cheats don’t need to sign large classes. They normally have something called continuity. Now, duke, gets their fair share of highly ranked classes. Sometimes higher than us.

KU, Baylor and the cheats don’t need to sign large classes. They normally have something called continuity. Now, duke, gets their fair share of highly ranked classes. Sometimes higher than us.
Baylor has continuity? You mean the team that has been built on one year transfers over and over again? Come on, try harder. This is just an idiotic post.

• Haha
I gotta say, I'm just glad Duke didn't get him. If it couldn't be Kentucky, then I'm glad it's Baylor over Duke.

GO BIG BLUE!!!💙💙💙

2024 class is shaping up to be a massive disappointment.
It reminds me of some of Cal's worst classes. They're mostly top 30 guys, but only Quaintance has the potential for transcendence, and that will probably be in year #2.

We look like a 10 loss team next year. If Sheppard joins the other premature departures (Bradshaw, Edwards), we're going to really struggle next year.

The only redeemable thing about Cal is when he's landing top 5 picks. He's a total disaster otherwise. He's a Sweet Sixteen coach when he has 2017-level recruiting classes. That was the Hamidou Diallo class that had plenty of top 30 guys, but no elite star. SGA developed later in the season, but still wasn't transcendent until he got to the league.

UK needs to go all-in on the NIL. That means Barnhart, Cal, and the entire UK athletic department. No more hiding behind politically correct terms. Go all in, and own the NIL market. We have the salary cap to do it. This is Kentucky. Let's start acting like it. That means the fans like you as well, the ones who constantly move the goal posts and make excuses.

If we can’t get players and they are making 500k then idk what to do. A school like ours doesn’t have the resources to pay millions for each kid.

If we can’t get players and they are making 500k then idk what to do. A school like ours doesn’t have the resources to pay millions for each kid.
I respectfully disagree. We have former players who have collectively made more than $3 billion in career earnings. Surely there has to be a way to convince them to help provide half a salary cap that would double what our current players are getting.

I'll have to admit your fandom leaves mine in the dust.
I've been a lifelong fan, attended UK, never miss a game and attend at least one BB and one FB game a year but you leave me behind with all this "we gotta go all in on NIL as fans because heaven forbid VJE didn't choose UK.
If I was given the option of paying/joining a collective or finding something else to do with my time other than UK sports, I think I'm choosing the latter.

Not a strawman at all. I said you're pretending schools don't  recruit with NIL and you are. You're naive if you really believe they aren't.

But whatever. Believe what you want, and I'll do the same.
I’m absolutely not, school do recruit with NIL and I never said or implied that they didn’t. I simply asked how much he was paid and how much others offered since you were claiming Baylor outbid with NIL. Again, you have no idea how much NIL anyone gets and just made up stuff. Be mad if you want but that’s what happened.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT