ADVERTISEMENT

Very good/interesting read..........

blueblood65

Junior
Nov 16, 2006
https:
//twitter.com/NKYBlueBlood/status/856129881016586240 Having both would be awesome.....

Bamba wants to pay the 4 and would do that if Richards was starting and Bam was gone. He'd be almost forced to play the 5 if Bam came back, wouldn't he? I'd love them both but it looks to me like Bamba is waiting to see if Bam comes back. I actually do hope Bam comes back as we'll be set with either Bamba or Richads at the 5.

Bamba wants to pay the 4 and would do that if Richards was starting and Bam was gone. He'd be almost forced to play the 5 if Bam came back, wouldn't he? I'd love them both but it looks to me like Bamba is waiting to see if Bam comes back. I actually do hope Bam comes back as we'll be set with either Bamba or Richads at the 5.
I would love them both but I just don't see it happening.... Bamba is waiting on Bam's decision. He's ours if Bam stays in the draft..

What are you talking about, we play positionless basketball!
Seriously though, I think people focus too much on "positions". Lets break it down to the offensive end of the court and the defensive end. This is where most players are talking when they say what they are or what they want to be. But you certainly have have your "5" play outside (last year Kornet & Markennen). With Bam & Bamba you could have them alternating posting up on the block and getting open on the perimeter. Bam's shot looks good out to 15', and certainly could expand out to 18'. That would make them both even tougher to defend. So I don't see a problem with Bam & Bamba playing together & neither living on the blocks.
Then you have the defensive end, where you just defend where your guy goes. And with all of our switches it probably doesn't matter too much who you start out guarding.

Reactions: MdWIldcat55
What are you talking about, we play positionless basketball!
Seriously though, I think people focus too much on "positions". Lets break it down to the offensive end of the court and the defensive end. This is where most players are talking when they say what they are or what they want to be. But you certainly have have your "5" play outside (last year Kornet & Markennen). With Bam & Bamba you could have them alternating posting up on the block and getting open on the perimeter. Bam's shot looks good out to 15', and certainly could expand out to 18'. That would make them both even tougher to defend. So I don't see a problem with Bam & Bamba playing together & neither living on the blocks.
Then you have the defensive end, where you just defend where your guy goes. And with all of our switches it probably doesn't matter too much who you start out guarding.

I'm hoping Cal is selling him on practicing against the best competition during his short stay in college as well as "positionless", etc.

I would love them both but I just don't see it happening.... Bamba is waiting on Bam's decision. He's ours if Bam stays in the draft..

That's what it looks like to me, especially since he was asked if he was waiting to see how the NBA workouts went and said "that's part of it."

He also said he wanted to learn from returning players. I kind of think the kid knows where he is going, but he's just playing it out because he's smart enough to know being one of the last guys off the board elevates your profile.

I think shortly after the Duval and Knox recruitments wind up, you'll start to hear rumblings about a decision, and a lot of misdirection and false drama will be stirred up. Will be glad to get this one over with.

I can't imagine Bamba being anything but a 5 next to Carter at Duke.

If he is most hung up on getting big minutes facing the basket, he probably should just go to Michigan.

Bamba is not going to be a 4 ever anywhere- college, pro, outer space, anywhere.

The game is getting smaller. Watch some basketball.

Bamba will not announce for Kentucky until after Bam has announced his decision, but he'll be here either way. Opposing coaches would spin it if Bam left after Bamba announced.

I can't imagine Bamba being anything but a 5 next to Carter at Duke.

If he is most hung up on getting big minutes facing the basket, he probably should just go to Michigan.

K plays wings at the 4 which is why anyone with any basketball sense knew Bolden was making a stupid decision last year.

Carter AND Bamba are both 5s.

Bamba is not going to be a 4 ever anywhere- college, pro, outer space, anywhere.

The game is getting smaller. Watch some basketball.

I watch plenty. Hoss. Regardless of your opinion he's said he wants to play 4 in college. Try to comprehend.... and that's why Texas is likely out since Allen went pro. He could play 40 minutes a game there but he'd have to play the 5.

I watch plenty. Hoss. Regardless of your opinion he's said he want to play 4 in college. Try to comprehend. That why Texas is likely out since Allen went pro.

Yeah and Wenyen Gabriel is 3-man.

I watch plenty. Hoss. Regardless of your opinion he's said he want to play 4 in college. Try to comprehend. That why Texas is likely out since Allen went pro.
We played Towns and Willie at the same time just two years ago. I guess that team wasn't trendy enough.

We played Towns and Willie at the same time just two years ago. I guess that team wasn't trendy enough.

You're assuming Bamba is willing to go along with whatever he's told to do. I'm not. Hope we get him, but he's been very clear on his desire to play the 4.

K plays wings at the 4 which is why anyone with any basketball sense knew Bolden was making a stupid decision last year.

Carter AND Bamba are both 5s.

Yeah that's true, but if they don't get Knox, who would be the wing they play at the 4? Trent?

No matter how you shake it, Bamba would be on the block at Duke.

You're assuming Bamba is willing to go along with whatever he's told to do. I'm not. Hope we get him, but he's been very clear on his desire to play the 4.

Well if that's the case, then he's definitely ours. No chance he's playing anything but the traditional Center position at Texas, Michigan, or Duke. UK can sell him on playing the WCS or AD role with two interchangeable bigs - either Richards or Bam - up front and on the floor at the same time. AD has translated into being a pretty good NBA PF. None of the other schools in contention have a resume anywhere close to that when working with a kid with his type skills.

You are just talking gibberish. Pardon me while I don't take you serious. Apparently, your the only person that does.
Ignore them bro. There are logical people who weigh what the recruit says and make logical determinations based off said quotes. Then there are diehards, who despite all the evidence, still believe they're right.

Some of them know they're wrong but they're too proud to admit, "we'll shoot I forgot Bamba said he wanted to play the 5. I forgot he said Texas having Allen made them more attractive. I forgot he said U.K. Signing Richards made them more attractive because he doesn't want to play center."

These guys are boneheads. And aren't worth your time.

Reactions: Cardsstink
:joy: All last spring I argued with the you idiots convinced Gabriel would play the wing. We see how that turned out. Bamba's offensive skills are rather raw for a college big let alone a freshman 4.

:joy: All last spring I argued with the you idiots convinced Gabriel would play the wing. We see how that turned out. Bamba's offensive skills are rather raw for a college big let alone a freshman 4.

Must admit, I thought Gabriel would guard threes. Didn't anticipate him being so poor defensively.

And Bamba is a 5 all day. Doesn't mean Cal won't give him every opportunity to prove he isn't a 4.

Gabriel did play on the wing. The 4 spot is on the wing in Cal's (and most elite college team's) system.

Well if that's the case, then he's definitely ours. No chance he's playing anything but the traditional Center position at Texas, Michigan, or Duke. UK can sell him on playing the WCS or AD role with two interchangeable bigs - either Richards or Bam - up front and on the floor at the same time. AD has translated into being a pretty good NBA PF. None of the other schools in contention have a resume anywhere close to that when working with a kid with his type skills.
AD, couisins, Towns, and even wcs to an extent parked their rear ends on the weakside of the basket when all they wanted to do is shoot. Bamba comes here, he will be right by the basket. Same as the others.

Cal has proven he can take two high profile bigs, play them together, and get both of the drafted in the lottery.

Cal has always said his bigs are same position....positionless basketball

ADVERTISEMENT