ADVERTISEMENT

Vegas season win total

Aug 14, 2018
hey fellas,

New to the board, huge cats fans and have had season tickets the last 10 years. Really excited for another season coming.

First question is your all’s thoughts on the Cats over 5 wins. A site that I use had our wins set at 5 (+110). I took this a week ago and feel like 5 is our worst case scenario for the season(push). Really see us going 7-5 with a possibility of stealing a game and getting 8 wins. But to me 8-4 is a more likely scenario than 4-8. Tons of experienced talent/depth. It’s hard to really make a game by game prediction without seeing Wilson/Hoak in game action, but regardless Benny Snell will take a lot of pressure off the QB. My prediction is Wilson gets the nod due to his game changing playmaking ability with his feet. Anyways, we have the pieces on both sides of the ball to build on back to back 7 wins seasons.

What are your all’s thoughts on over 5 wins?

Reactions: kev69 and TuckyFB
hey fellas,

New to the board, huge cats fans and have had season tickets the last 10 years. Really excited for another season coming.

First question is your all’s thoughts on the Cats over 5 wins. A site that I use had our wins set at 5 (+110). I took this a week ago and feel like 5 is our worst case scenario for the season(push). Really see us going 7-5 with a possibility of stealing a game and getting 8 wins. But to me 8-4 is a more likely scenario than 4-8. Tons of experienced talent/depth. It’s hard to really make a game by game prediction without seeing Wilson/Hoak in game action, but regardless Benny Snell will take a lot of pressure off the QB. My prediction is Wilson gets the nod due to his game changing playmaking ability with his feet. Anyways, we have the pieces on both sides of the ball to build on back to back 7 wins seasons.

Welcome

^^ Welcome to the board! I think we have a great shot at more than five wins, but I can also picture a scenario that results in five wins or less.

I could see 5 wins but knowing we have 3 non-conference cupcakes + home game with Vandy.....

I have a really hard time believing we go 0-8 against the remaining opponents.

Reactions: EliteBlue and kev69
This is from another website. I won't post the link because it's a joke.

GAME-BY-GAME PREDICTIONS
Week 1: vs. Central Michigan (W)

Central Michigan won 8 games last year, but a MAC team with massive roster turnover probably isn’t a good bet to walk into an SEC stadium and win an opener.

Week 2: at Florida (L)

Yes, I think the streak continues. I wouldn’t be surprised if this one followed a somewhat similar script to last year’s game, though. Kentucky’s defense makes the game far closer than Gators fans hope for. And while history doesn’t win or lose games, once again something manages to not bounce Kentucky’s way in the final minutes to preserve a Florida win.

Week 3: vs. Murray State (W)

Three-win FCS squads aren’t anywhere good enough to even be “sleeper matchups.”

Week 4: vs. Mississippi State (L)

This proves to be Kentucky’s first real ugly loss of the season. Mississippi State’s defense follows a similar plan to last year when it stymied Snell and forced the Wildcats to throw the ball. Kentucky can’t slow down Nick Fitzgerald, who wins the game with his arm and his legs. Bulldogs roll big in Lexington.

Week 5: vs. South Carolina (L)

Whenever I hear someone say that they think South Carolina will beat Georgia in Week 2, my knee-jerk reaction is to say, “are you sure they can even beat Kentucky?” As Stoops will tell you, it’s Kentucky who has the 4-game winning streak against South Carolina. My guess is that this is finally the time that the Gamecocks get back in the win column because of the potential of this revamped, high-tempo offense under Bryan McClendon. I’m not saying they’ll put up 40, but a 28-27 game seems possible.

Week 6: at Texas A&M (L)

This is the frustrating thing about Kentucky’s season. If the Wildcats aren’t relevant in these first 6 weeks before the bye, they’ll get put on the back burner in a hurry. Midnight Madness is Oct. 12, which is 6 days after I expect the football team to lose in College Station (that would also clinch an 0-4 start to SEC play, and thus, another non-winning season vs. the conference). Something tells me the timing and importance of that one isn’t lost on Stoops.

Week 7: Bye

Week 8: vs. Vanderbilt (W)

In a game of teams without a win in conference play, Kentucky dominates. Coming off a bye week, Snell takes his frustration out against Vanderbilt’s porous run defense. The Wildcats wait longer than they envisioned for their first Power 5 win of 2018.

Week 9: at Mizzou (L)

There could be no shortage of points scored in Columbia. But in a game that figures to have a back-and-forth feel, I give the edge to Drew Lock to outduel whoever starts at quarterback for the Wildcats.

Week 10: vs. Georgia (L)

I don’t imagine it’s very fun to spend 60 minutes on the field with Georgia. Kirby Smart’s defense dominates 1-dimensional offenses, and Kentucky is no exception.

Week 11: at Tennessee (L)

I wouldn’t be surprised if Kentucky lost 5-6 SEC games by single digits. Even in Knoxville, Tennessee struggles to distance itself from Kentucky. Two defensive-minded head coaches have no problems playing the field-position game and pulling out a 17-16 win. At home, Jeremy Pruitt winds up being on the better end of that.

Week 12: vs. Middle Tennessee (W)

Rick Stockstill’s offenses can put up some points, especially with his son, Brent Stockstill, running the show. This is also a team that hasn’t had a losing season in conference play or missed a bowl game since 2011. But no, I’m not betting on the Blue Raiders to run wild in Lexington. Stoops’ defense does enough to pull out a much-needed win.

Week 13: at Louisville (W)

This isn’t just based on the Cardinals living in a post-Lamar Jackson world, though it helps. Louisville ranks dead last among Power 5 teams in percentage of returning production. As much as we trust Bobby Petrino to produce a high-powered offense, there’s no guarantee that happens this year. Give me the Cats to squeak out a close, low-scoring game in Louisville to end the season on a high note.

2018 projection: 5-7 (1-7)

Final Standings: 6th in the SEC East

hey fellas,

hey fellas,

What is the site

I doubt the quality of the betting establishment, if you got "over 5."

Given that the last 4 seasons have resulted in 5, 5, 7, 7 in win totals, it is hard to imagine setting the total at 5 . . . .

I just don't think they'll be building large buildings off money made from that line!

hey fellas,

First of all, welcome troll.

Secondly, and I know I joke around a lot on here, if we can't get to 6 wins this season I will be immensely disappointed. If I could get a wager down on this, I would put ten grand on the over 5 wins, and I'm dead serious.(Assuming 5 wins gets a push)

I don't like bets that tie your money up all season long but I think OVER 5 is a good bet. And if for some reason the Cats cannot cover that, you will be so despondent any dollar loss won't mean much to you! [laughing]

Peace

Reactions: shutzhund
Over seems like the easy choice, but if things don't work out at QB, Kentucky isn't gonna go 6-6 or better.

GBB!!!

Reactions: STUCKNBIG10
ADVERTISEMENT