ADVERTISEMENT

Vandy vs Kansas

I used to feel bad for Oden until the domestic abuse... But yes, that's his legacy. At least Sam Bowie was actually productive in the league for a bit.

Also, bet you anything Vandy will hardly miss a shot when UK plays them...

Poor Portland is cursed. Twice they went for the big guy over the wing and both times it worked out miserably for them.

Well Kentucky is to the SEC what Duke is to the ACC. Both are going to bring out the best in every opponent they play. Of course I wouldn't have it any other way myself.

Just realized that KU has FOUR fouls for the whole game. Good Lord, if we only got that kind of protection.

Only four total fouls for Kansas (and three of them on one guy, Lucas). That's impressive on their part and Selden has been terrific.
I hope Kevin Stallings has the right words for his team in the timeout.

The entire roster for KU except for Lucas has ONE foul through 26.5 mins. This crew should be investigated.

Stalling is in over his head. Dude will follow the script and lose to a team they shouldn't in the tourney after everyone picks them as their sleeper team. They will look good against our crappy SEC competition and probably make it to SECT finals and then just lose to Richmond. If they can't hit 3's they are extremely mediocre.

Reactions: ukfan041
Baldwin looked great yesterday. Been a struggle today, his last shot was truly awful. And Graham is a completely different player this half.

If we aren't fouling, should the referees just make up foul calls? Jones had two travels, a hook and at least two fouls in the first half and none were called.

Eh. Vandy could get more fouls if they drove but they are just jacking up 3's which isn't going to get you many foul calls. I keep trying to see KU contact but they really are just letting Vandy shoot themselves in the foot.

Reactions: hokie_jayhawk
Nice of Wade Baldwin to show up. Vandy should just glue someone to Selden the rest of the game. Make someone else beat you.

Not seeing what all the fuss about Vandy is. If they are not hitting threes they are mediocre at best. Kansas getting to the basket at will.

Vandy's only hope is its outside shooting.

Unfortunately, three games in three day takes its toll on shooters.

Hopefully, they get their second wind, but it looks like they have lost their legs.

If we aren't fouling, should the referees just make up foul calls? Jones had two travels, a hook and at least two fouls in the first half and none were called.

No. But that's what happens to every other team in the country. I guess I should find it refreshing that this crew isn't calling fouls on Kansas just so the box score looks good at the end of the game.

oh ok, so no rebounding fouls....... no offensive fouls like moving screens.. KU is just playing flawless foul less basketball...... B.S.

If you are playing hard, you pick up 10 fouls just by accident.

Vandy just exposing their bellies now. If we contain them from 3, I don't see us losing even in Nashville.

No. But that's what happens to every other team in the country. I guess I should find it refreshing that this crew isn't calling fouls on Kansas just so the box score looks good at the end of the game.

I tend to agree with this. The refs gave Duke calls in the 2nd half of our game to keep the foul/FT count close.

And I guess Vandy is the best team in the nation talk can STFU for now. Very annoying, but let the clueless have their fun I figure. Fun time is over now though.

Like us last year, KU playing in the summer helps out a ton for these games in Nov. and Dec. But by the end of the year teams like UK, Duke, UNC, etc will catch up with them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT