ADVERTISEMENT

Vandy vs Kansas

Otto-got-lucky-www.whysoblu.com_.jpg

Reactions: BlueRupp
I have to say Kansas looks pretty good. I missed the first half but they had it all working in the 2nd half with 62.5% shooting. Gonna be tough to beat them in Lawrence but you gotta believe.

I have to say Kansas looks pretty good. I missed the first half but they had it all working in the 2nd half with 62.5% shooting. Gonna be tough to beat them in Lawrence but you gotta believe.
Our kids are going to have to go in with a chip on their shoulder like Duke at Wisconsin last season. No sleep walking through the first half.

With Vandy shooting .222 from 3 point land really hurt them. But the fouls called against Vandy(21), hurt too. KU had only 12 fouls called against them. I bet our game at Kansas will be worse then what Vandy got.

I don't remember Alexander having any ineligible games. Strict liability and all. I'll double check the NCAA website........................................... nope, no ineligible games.

Right?

Tell me again why he didnt play at the end of the year?

You didnt know? He was housing the homeless across the world. Giving up his chance at KU for such a grand cause.... just wow

Thanks St Louie, someone said something about a loan from agents BEFORE the season, and I was thinking this might be an NCAA issue, but I totally forgot about the McLemore Pass strategy the NCAA utilizes in Lawrence.

I really think the field is wide open this season. I haven't seen a team yet that really stands out to me.

I will say, historically, a team has never won it shooting as bad from the perimeter as we are shooting it right now. If that and our free throw shooting doesn't improve drastically our ceiling is a final four.

I really think the field is wide open this season. I haven't seen a team yet that really stands out to me.

I will say, historically, a team has never won it shooting as bad from the perimeter as we are shooting it right now. If that and our free throw shooting doesn't improve drastically our ceiling is a final four.
If that. We have to shoot better from the 3 and especially the ft line. If we can't hit our ft's then it will change the whole complexion of any game we're in.

Sorry, after looking at my past post, I realize I'm officially beating this into the ground. I won't bring it up again.

Dude, today is Thanksgiving, game 6 of the season. It's a fun preconference tournament and I'm sad we lost but you and I both know this isn't "when it counts."

Well Dude,other than Kentucky ,Vanderbilt doesn't get a whole slew of opportunities against a blueblood,so I'd say when they get a chance to win a pre-season tourney against Kansas it was another blown chance to prove to me they can go somewhere like you Commie Guys tout every year

I admit I like to stir the pot and razz fans of other teams,but I've been around enough years to be disappointed by fellow SEC Teams in Basketball many times.I actually like seeing a strong SEC and other teams that help that agenda.
Seems like choke is the proper word,yet these teams will play Kentucky like Championship contenders in conference play.

Kansas has looked pretty good these past few games, I think too much was made of the MSU loss. They aren't going to lose many more games this year, and adding Diallo really is going to improve them immensely.

Our problem is our two most important outside shooters are in slumps, so I think we are due for both of them to go off and have a period where they are hitting everything. I still like our upside as much as anyone's.

This year, there really are a lot of teams good enough to win it all, with no one or two teams that have stood out.

I really like KU's potential, but they need to work Svi into the rotation at SF and play Bragg more to rest Ellis. A starting lineup of Diallo, Ellis, Svi, Selden, Mason is a solid starting 5.

Vandy got hit in mouth early in the 2nd half and never recovered. I'm STILL not sold on Kansas, but when Selden, Mason and Graham score like they did in this tourney, watch out.

As for Vandy, Fisher-Davis was very bad vs KU. It's also clear that Wade Baldwin is a lot like Briscoe. Make him shoot...even if he makes them, so be it. Letting him get to the rack not only increases his chances of scoring a ton, but it makes you very prone to giving up threes to Lachance, Fisher-Davis, Kornet or Justice. Vandy can shoot, but only if you allow them to keep dishing for open looks.

Jones vs Skal is going to be fun to watch. Two of the most skilled big men I've seen in a long time.

Hate em both...I wish there was a way to hang an L on both for the game. Unfortunately, not possible and KU gets the win plus Diallo becomes eligible all in one day. Good day for KU, happy for the kid but the Jayhawks can tank for all I care.

I'll take it. After losing 90% of our roster, a Final Four would be a great accomplishment.

Vandy just exposing their bellies now. If we contain them from 3, I don't see us losing even in Nashville.
Not likely. Even ordinary Vandy teams can play great in that environment - and this isn't an ordinary Vandy team. I'd be shocked with a win in either Nashville or Lawrence. Which is fine. Will say that, with a couple of exceptions Cal's teams play well in big games. UConn ran us out of the gymn in Maui.....UT beat us by 30 one year, but that was immediately after losing Noel, on a mediocre team that lost 6 draft picks. We're almost always competitive, even when overmatched or in hostile environs, so maybe.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT