ADVERTISEMENT

Vandy Post-Game Presser (Cal/Reeves/Sheppard/Wagner/Stackhouse)

I am still trying to determine which is worse, our defense or CCC's insufferable post-game interviews.
What did he say this time? I don’t watch post game stuff. They can all say whatever. I just care about that dub baby

Wagner shooting over 40 percent from 3!
Good to have Wagner's shooting back. Hope we can get Tre's outside shot back. Not sure why Edwards didn't get more minutes tonight. I guess it was simply trying to get Tre more minutes to try and get him back in the flow. But, I thought Edwards still played a lot better than him.

Why does Calipari think continually saying he has the youngest team in the country, his team is at a disadvantage due to youth and bemoaning having to play against "23 and 24 year olds" helps him?
UK is not the youngest team in the country.

Why does Calipari think continually saying he has the youngest team in the country, his team is at a disadvantage due to youth and bemoaning having to play against "23 and 24 year olds" helps him?
It's been 14 years and you guys still haven't realized that Cal just likes to hear himself talk and rambles on saying nonsense. Every coach has "coach speak" and this is just his. Go watch 35 Bill Self press conferences a year for 14 years straight and you'll say the same thing. "Why does Self thinking continually saying X, Y, or Z helps him?"

It's been 14 years and you guys still haven't realized that Cal just likes to hear himself talk and rambles on saying nonsense. Every coach has "coach speak" and this is just his. Go watch 35 Bill Self press conferences a year for 14 years straight and you'll say the same thing. "Why does Self thinking continually saying X, Y, or Z helps him?"
So your thought is that there is no intended messaging behind the "coach speak?" It's just something they say to be saying something and it means nothing. Maybe you're right, but I don't think so. I think it's intended to support some narrative, e.g., "our record is unbelievable given our youth," etc. I'm just not sure what the narrative is that this supports.

Yeah, that's pretty accurate. I've learned how to listen to him pretty well, ignoring quite a bit but picking up on what's important. If you don't see red every time you see his face, it helps. But yeah, everyone who does much public speaking has their own way to fill in the gaps in sentences. He's got phrases and talking points in his mind that he wants to get in there but he also has phrases he repeats. It's annoying but the questions are often on repeat in these pressers as well, so he's gonna repeat himself a bit.

Reactions: Rockfly78
Yeah, that's pretty accurate. I've learned how to listen to him pretty well, ignoring quite a bit but picking up on what's important. If you don't see red every time you see his face, it helps. But yeah, everyone who does much public speaking has their own way to fill in the gaps in sentences. He's got phrases and talking points in his mind that he wants to get in there but he also has phrases he repeats. It's annoying but the questions are often on repeat in these pressers as well, so he's gonna repeat himself a bit.
I have the perfect solution to the rambling and repeat phrases:

ASK A HARD QUESTION.

yell GIF

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT