ADVERTISEMENT

UT, UTn, UTx ??

LosGatos

Sophomore
Aug 12, 2003
With Texas now (almost) in the SEC, can we settle on what to call them? UT is ambiguous as there will be two UTs in the SEC shortly. Frankly I don't care. How about UT for the Ugly Orange in Knoxville and UTx for the Ugly Orange in Austin?

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Let's put some thought into this and invite other SEC fans to have a more rounded approach. We want this to stick and some of these fans have some creativity. Might be a good idea to turn it over to SEC shorts to make the call.

• Love
Reactions: secrules3
I heard Texas coach went ape shit last night after the game was over for ucf players giving them the horns down sign
That 70S Show Lol GIF by Laff

This BS started decades ago over marketing. Sides agreed at the time that Texas would refer to themselves as "UT" west of the Mississippi River, TN east of the Mississippi. Could give a rat's ass myself.

With Texas now (almost) in the SEC, can we settle on what to call them? UT is ambiguous as there will be two UTs in the SEC shortly. Frankly I don't care. How about UT for the Ugly Orange in Knoxville and UTx for the Ugly Orange in Austin?

Easy answer. Drop the UTs

Call em the Horns and the Perps. Everyone knows without explanation which is which.

I agree. If you Google UT, Texas comes up, but they're new to the SEC, so have to take a back seat to the other UT that was already here. That'll probably piss them off, but tough titties as the new guys never gets dibs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT