ADVERTISEMENT

UT TE transfer Kyle Oliver

First off, I didn't say you had lost 20 straight to either Florida or bama. I said almost 20 to Florida AND Alabama. It is actually 18 times in a row with last win against UF in 2004 and Bama in 2006. Which incidentally explains why your program and fans will justify just about anything at this point.

Secondly, please show me where I said UK would have beaten UT if the game was at home and schedules were reversed....I said "it would have been a totally different game". And I don't give a shit if you think I am delusional. We were on fumes by the time that game came around, our QB was hurt and was struggling at that point of the season. After a week off we looked like a totally different team. You give me the UK team that came out fresh like the one that played UL after a bye week and I have no doubt that it would have been a totally different game. I never said we would definitely win.

Im also aware that other than johnson when he's not busy raping people... Tennessee's talent last year was young. But oh by the way...so was UK's. So please tell me who are the surefire NFL talents on that team for UT that so dwarf the talent UK had playing...you are a UK fan too, right so let's hear it.

I'll give it a shot..

QB- Doobs is a good young college QB but will never make it in the nfl. Towles is Kipers 5th ranked junior QB
RB- your back is good as is Ours. Both are NFL talents
WR- yours were significantly better. Our best were all freshman. TBD how they develop.
OL- our center is a stud. One senior in nfl camp. Rest were freshmen. Roberson is good frosh. Rest for UT are questionable at best.

Dline-magget and freshman Barnett are both very good and nfl players. Our ends were drafted in 1st and 4th rounds respectively. Your dtackles were passable but not nothing special. Out NG is a senior this year and is legit all sec and nfl caliber.

LB- Johnson was stud but criminal. Maybin is good and very likely nfl. Our starting Middle backer is senior this year and will be drafted and be good nfl player. Our second middle backer may be drafted.
Safeties- one of ours is nfl caliber. Stamps. Will contend foe all sec this year. Other senior was very slow. Replaced for last game by true soph.young. Randolph is good. NFL caliber. Your others weren't anything special.

Corners- your one corner is a stud. Don't remember name. Will be high draft pick. Your other was a freshman and nickel didn't get drafted. Our corners are small and not very good. The corner advantage went to UT.

After writing that...I think you are bit delusional to think you were such a vastly superior team last year. You know both teams right? Tell me where I am wrong...I'm fine with my premise that I'll take Stoops and our team and you take Jones and yours for the next decade while you continue to do anything needed to try and win.
So with all this NFL talent on the field last year how did you only win 5 games and get blown out in Knoxville by a team you describe as not much more talented than you? Sounds like you've got the wrong coach.

Except in basketball ;) JK. I just really despise people who treat their team like a saint. It's an athletics program, I guarantee you that things happen that to the outside world would look unethical, corrupt, etc. Luckily I believe UK now has an AD in Mitch Barhnart who knows what he is doing. He learned from the great Doug Dickey and seems to be turning UK around.

You spend a lot of time defending all things UT. Think about it.

Good for you, confession is good for the soul. TPE has already admitted that Transfer U is a big cheater, but that he doesn't care, just win baby. Not sure if I care about UNC cheating that much, UK is still the best basketball program in the nation, no need to cheat, best tradition, best facilities, best attendance and fans, AND best coach. Cal would be dumb to cheat in recruiting at UK, and that is something even UL fans don't accuse him of (the ones with a brain), he literally turns down some five stars and recruits internationally.

My point was: UK fans think every school they have a rivalry with is the biggest cheater. It doesn't mean it's true. UK has not sucked at football my entire lifetime because all the other schools were cheating and UK was too pious and therefore at a disadvantage. UK has sucked because UK hasn't cared to be better. UK fans instead of accepting that truth have often turned to external factors to try to explain the reason for the sucking instead of looking internally.

Few people outside of BBN hate UK football, mostly because it's been an easy victory. I don't know anyone outside of BBN that doesn't hate UK basketball. Nearly the entire country was rooting against them. They are perceived as cheaters and having a "do whatever it takes to win" mentality. Guess football will be lucky when it's viewed in the same way you view UT and UL.

You spend a lot of time defending all things UT. Think about it.

Two reason 1) I'm also a UT fan, I haven't hidden that fact and 2) I don't get the obsession with UT, Florida has beat UK 30 times and they view UK as about as much of a rival as Tennessee does. 3) I don't get blaming every other program for the problems in this one. UK has lost because it deserved to lose. Not because other people were cheating. Now the product on the field is getting better and UK will win more games.

Last edited:
Reactions: PowellVolz
My point was: UK fans think every school they have a rivalry with is the biggest cheater. It doesn't mean it's true. UK has not sucked at football my entire lifetime because all the other schools were cheating and UK was too pious and therefore at a disadvantage. UK has sucked because UK hasn't cared to be better. UK fans instead of accepting that truth have often turned to external factors to try to explain the reason for the sucking instead of looking internally.

Few people outside of BBN hate UK football, mostly because it's been an easy victory. I don't know anyone outside of BBN that doesn't hate UK basketball. Nearly the entire country was rooting against them. They are perceived as cheaters and having a "do whatever it takes to win" mentality. Guess football will be lucky when it's viewed in the same way you view UT and UL.
If Coach Stoops starts getting the wins we hope, the recruiting will only get better and I'm sure UK's foes will start with they have to be cheating to get the better players. So yep we will enjoy that view.

If UK isn't a rival why are you here?

Go post your crap on the Florida and Bama boards and please report back. Or even just a link to the threads would suffice.

Awww, you don't want to do that?

Wonder why? :flush:

[poop]

No you're not. You're a lame troll who can't post on any other sec team's board without getting laughed off in 5 seconds.

The previous post applies to all the other UT enablers as well.

To be honest, I don't really care/need your approval to be a UK fan. I grew up in KY and have a degree from UK which is more than I can say for half the UK "fans" on here.

[poop]

No you're not. You're a lame troll who can't post on any other sec team's board without getting laughed off in 5 seconds.

The previous post applies to all the other UT enablers as well.

giphy.gif

Reactions: footballfanatic77
So with all this NFL talent on the field last year how did you only win 5 games and get blown out in Knoxville by a team you describe as not much more talented than you? Sounds like you've got the wrong coach.

Did you even read what I wrote genius...did you get the premise that we were playing our sixth sec game in a row on the road and you were coming off a buy. We had two players drafted and you had none and the talent gap wasn't even close. You are truly delusional. We won 5 games in the regular season and you won....wait for it 6. Massive difference..

As far as continuing your top 5 recruiting classes. Tennessee has had very strong in state talent the last two years. You got 4 five star products the last two years from in state. No 5 stars in state this year and low and behold, you don't have any 5 star commits. You'll recruit well but you'll always have the same issues with lower levels of in state talent that we do..

If UK can recruit consistently in the 20-30 range we will be very competitive against everyone in SEC (including UT). We also have our best recruiting staff at UK in 40 years. They have pulled in the top 30 classes (including #17 in 2014 with 10 four stars) without winning games. Recruiting could get even better with wins. We also just spent 120 million on our stadium and a 45 million on a new training facility that will more than rival the one you just built for 42 million. I like where our program is going. I know it's most convenient for your success to think everything is going to remain status quo. But you are wrong whether you know it or not. We finally have a difference maker as a coach and an administration paying as much attention to football as we do to basketball.

If Stoops and Marrow leave all bets are off

No offense, but if you ask me, there is nothing worse in sports fandom than a person who is a fan of more than one school. I grew up just south of Knoxville and I can't tell you the number of times I have heard, "I'm a Tennessee football fan, but a Kentucky basketball fan." To make it even worse, I have also had a ton of UT fans talk crap to me about football and if basketball is brought up they then say, "Ohh, well I'm not a UT basketball fan. I'm a Duke/UNC basketball fan." [sick] I am sure every state or team has these fans so I am not saying it is just UT, that is just who I am most familiar with because I am around them the most.

[laughing] I must admit, that was pretty funny.

This thread kind of went way off the tracks a long time ago, but to speak to the OP......according to "insiders" on one of the premium Cardinal sites, Louisville is not taking this kid. Don't know why, don't care, just was told by a reputable source that he is not going to be a Card. They do need to add TE depth, but this kid isn't going to be one. Now, you can carry on with the Vol-Cat fight.

No offense, but if you ask me, there is nothing worse in sports fandom than a person who is a fan of more than one school. I grew up just south of Knoxville and I can't tell you the number of times I have heard, "I'm a Tennessee football fan, but a Kentucky basketball fan." To make it even worse, I have also had a ton of UT fans talk crap to me about football and if basketball is brought up they then say, "Ohh, well I'm not a UT basketball fan. I'm a Duke/UNC basketball fan." [sick] I am sure every state or team has these fans so I am not saying it is just UT, that is just who I am most familiar with because I am around them the most.

No offense taken. I didn't ask you. I'm a Tennessee sports fan (all sports) because I went there for undergrad and because my dad and his entire family bled orange and I grew up going to games with him. I am a Kentucky sports fan (all sports) because I got a masters degree there and because my mom and her entire family were UK fans. I never went to UK football games much growing up because sadly none of my UK-loving family really cared about football enough to go to games. When I was in grad school in Lexington I went to some games. I'll be honest, I would have loved UK to move to the Big Ten or ACC for two reasons: 1) easier wins in football 2) tougher basketball schedule and 3) so the two teams I like wouldn't play very often. You are right though about not just being UT fans that manage to root for anyone else (in fact I'm one of the few I know that does so), I also know more than a few UK basketball/Ohio State football fans.

This thread kind of went way off the tracks a long time ago, but to speak to the OP......according to "insiders" on one of the premium Cardinal sites, Louisville is not taking this kid. Don't know why, don't care, just was told by a reputable source that he is not going to be a Card. They do need to add TE depth, but this kid isn't going to be one. Now, you can carry on with the Vol-Cat fight.

I expect him to land in a mid-major program or an FCS school. Given that he was falling in the depth chart, if he wants playing time that's likely the way he is going to get it.

Did you even read what I wrote genius...did you get the premise that we were playing our sixth sec game in a row on the road and you were coming off a buy. We had two players drafted and you had none and the talent gap wasn't even close. You are truly delusional. We won 5 games in the regular season and you won....wait for it 6. Massive difference..

As far as continuing your top 5 recruiting classes. Tennessee has had very strong in state talent the last two years. You got 4 five star products the last two years from in state. No 5 stars in state this year and low and behold, you don't have any 5 star commits. You'll recruit well but you'll always have the same issues with lower levels of in state talent that we do..

If UK can recruit consistently in the 20-30 range we will be very competitive against everyone in SEC (including UT). We also have our best recruiting staff at UK in 40 years. They have pulled in the top 30 classes (including #17 in 2014 with 10 four stars) without winning games. Recruiting could get even better with wins. We also just spent 120 million on our stadium and a 45 million on a new training facility that will more than rival the one you just built for 42 million. I like where our program is going. I know it's most convenient for your success to think everything is going to remain status quo. But you are wrong whether you know it or not. We finally have a difference maker as a coach and an administration paying as much attention to football as we do to basketball.

If Stoops and Marrow leave all bets are off
So your theory is an off week is worth 35 pts and to boot you made my post look even better by pointing out we didn't have a player drafted but you had 2 and one in the first round. Please... Post more Bud.

Long story...crazy family.

All good, my dad actually played football in the state of Tennessee and his family attended Tennessee (one or 2 eventually playing Pro Ball). I am a UK fan, so my father is probably in heaven shaking his head LOL. GO CATS!! This is my reason for not hating Tenn.. I will cheer for them over rivals and such as a matter of fact.

So your theory is an off week is worth 35 pts and to boot you made my post look even better by pointing out we didn't have a player drafted but you had 2 and one in the first round. Please... Post more Bud.

After reading the whole thread...it was your last post that finally affirmed to me that you are really dense and can't see other points.

All good, my dad actually played football in the state of Tennessee and his family attended Tennessee (one or 2 eventually playing Pro Ball). I am a UK fan, so my father is probably in heaven shaking his head LOL. GO CATS!! This is my reason for not hating Tenn.. I will cheer for them over rivals and such as a matter of fact.
Who is your family?

Right Bud. Final score always tell the tale of where two teams are on a given day. And that's why you were so dominant with those 6 wins in regular season last year.

Right Bud. Final score always tell the tale of where two teams are on a given day. And that's why you were so dominant with those 6 wins in regular season last year.

I'll just accept the fact you've never played a sport in your life or are just an argumentative jackass. Either way...good luck with that Bud

Show me where I said we were dominant against other teams. Also a FYI, the week before our open date and 6th game in a row, we went to USC and won in overtime. So saying UK lost to Tenn because they where tired is an excuse. All teams go though the same thing.

This would mark the first time ever I met a UT football fan that claimed to be a fan of another college football team.

I'll just accept the fact you've never played a sport in your life or are just an argumentative jackass. Either way...good luck with that Bud
You can keep telling yourself that your talent is not far behind ours but in reality when your signing classes over 3 years average out to around 25-30 and UT's are 5-8, the talent isn't as close as you think. The last 3 years Tenn has signed 40, 4 and 5* players and UK has signed 14. Now tell me you think the talent across the board isn't that far apart.

Reactions: Orange_N_White
I'm not sure I completely buy the theory that recruiting stars are the end-all-be-all. I think they offer a rough snapshot of where a player is in high school. Of course, players develop differently, some earlier and some later so it's impossible to know how a player is going to play once he gets into college. If stars mattered, Missouri wouldn't have won the division twice. That said, stars do give a broad, generalized view of how a class as a whole is going to perform. In my opinion, a class ranked in the 20-50 range can win some games in the SEC and may even win the East in a down year, but I doubt they can ever actually win the conference.

I'm not sure I completely buy the theory that recruiting stars are the end-all-be-all. I think they offer a rough snapshot of where a player is in high school. Of course, players develop differently, some earlier and some later so it's impossible to know how a player is going to play once he gets into college. If stars mattered, Missouri wouldn't have won the division twice. That said, stars do give a broad, generalized view of how a class as a whole is going to perform. In my opinion, a class ranked in the 20-50 range can win some games in the SEC and may even win the East in a down year, but I doubt they can ever actually win the conference.
Take a look at the top 10 teams at the end of the year and their recruiting ranking the last several years. I'd say 70-80% where top 10 in recruiting.

Unfortunately we have our share of Tennessee's Football and Kentucky BB fans.

I appreciate that not all UT fans like basketball and some may cheer for a basketball school, but I know a bunch of UT football fans and not one has a divided football loyalty. They may respect other programs, but only cheer for one.

I appreciate that not all UT fans like basketball and some may cheer for a basketball school, but I know a bunch of UT football fans and not one has a divided football loyalty. They may respect other programs, but only cheer for one.

My disclaimer....I don't like any other SEC teams and hope they all lose every game. In particular I hate bama, uf, uga.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT