ADVERTISEMENT

uofl recruiting on fire

I think this is due to the fact he had no connections to this area. I think Satterfield is a good coach and if he stayed (or went back) in the carolinas he would be having a lot more success. Outside of his one season at toledo, he has never even been close to the area recruiting wise. And in the old days that was ok because UK couldn't lock down any recruits in the area, but thats changed. And his home is the carolinas and tennessee/virginia to an extent. How many carolina kids do you think he's luring away from Clemson/UNC/SCAR? None which is why he's battling the smaller schools for recruits.

I don't think we can judge these kids yet because theres been some hella good players that were underrated and really developed into studs. But I would be feeling weary if I was a UL fan. Too bad they are too much a delusional fan base to realize.

he was not luring those kids away when he was at Appy St.

i have no idea if he is a good coach or a bad coach
but i do know coaching starts with recruiting and he is way behind in that

i do agree that their fanbase is far to delusional to see how bad their recruiting is
they somehow think they are on a much higher national level then they are

we are blessed to have a coach and assistants that know talent when they see it and are shooting for higher rated players

Every student is on scholarship at Army. Nobody pays tuition.
True, but you have to have good grades. Some athletes go to their prep school instead which delays their freshman year by a year to beef up their academics before starting. Navy and Air Force also have 1 year prep schools mainly for prior enlisted and athletes. I think the academies’ prep schools have sports teams that compete on the JUCO circuit.

he was not luring those kids away when he was at Appy St.

i have no idea if he is a good coach or a bad coach
but i do know coaching starts with recruiting and he is way behind in that

i do agree that their fanbase is far to delusional to see how bad their recruiting is
they somehow think they are on a much higher national level then they are

we are blessed to have a coach and assistants that know talent when they see it and are shooting for higher rated players

I never said he was luring away those recruits when he was at App. St. However he was recruiting those mid range players from other G6 schools. So I'm just saying if he had a P5 school job in the Carolinas, the recruiting would be way better than he's done so far.

And yes they have convinced their selves that not only is everything ok, they're actually killing it.

Only team I know of that relied super heavy on JUCOs in the SEC was Mississippi State. I dont know if Leach will continue that.
Satterfield worked magic his first year with kids that decided they WANTED to play, but his recruiting didnt follow...then he turned a real bad flirtation with South Carolina into a historically bad press conference.
If the record doesnt begin to turn better this year, his seat could get hot.
Most analysts now dont seem to think it will be greatly better.
Lots of JC football teams in Mississippi.

Penn State is having a very good recruiting year.
Penn State currently #3 with 20 commits

UL currently #81 with 6 commits

How could UL let him get away? I mean, he visited their campus for crying out loud.

The article states, (and I quote) "Despite a slow start on the recruiting trail in the 2022 cycle, the Louisville football program has been picking up steam."

Hell yeah, they're up to #81 now..... like a bullet.

UL may have received a recruiting bump in 2021 for its hiring of Satterfield, but it appears that was short lived. His desire to seek the South Carolina job did not help recruiting, nor has the departures from his staff. Satterfield will be on the hot seat if this season is worse than last season. When I look at their transfer portal work, I think they made out better than they lost, or at least broke even.

UL may have received a recruiting bump in 2021 for its hiring of Satterfield, but it appears that was short lived. His desire to seek the South Carolina job did not help recruiting, nor has the departures from his staff. Satterfield will be on the hot seat if this season is worse than last season. When I look at their transfer portal work, I think they made out better than they lost, or at least broke even.

His first season, he got hired too late to really change any recruit minds. The last class was solid enough to build a good future. Sorta reminiscent of Stoops first classes. Even the 20'20 class was solid, not exciting, but solid. But I kinda think they are screwed for the next few years either way. If they stink it up this year like I think they will...and recruiting class doesnt improve, he's likely to get fired and they have to start rebuilding all over again.

OTOH, if they decide to give him one more year, he should have enough pieces in place to stumble along for a few seasons at 6-6, 5-7 etc to the point it would be hard to fire him lol.

Honestly, I don't know why Satterfield doesn't target some of the Charlotte metro kids that get overlooked every year. I noticed he got a couple last year or the year before. Bralyn Oliver was a good pickup for them...Chance Morrow. But seems like NC State, South Carolina and FSU scoop most of them now.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT