ADVERTISEMENT

uofl recruiting on fire

Only team I know of that relied super heavy on JUCOs in the SEC was Mississippi State. I dont know if Leach will continue that.
Satterfield worked magic his first year with kids that decided they WANTED to play, but his recruiting didnt follow...then he turned a real bad flirtation with South Carolina into a historically bad press conference.
If the record doesnt begin to turn better this year, his seat could get hot.
Most analysts now dont seem to think it will be greatly better.

https://247sports.com/college/louis...Chance-Morrow-commitment-Cardinals-167063948/

While yet to receive a rating from 247Sports, Morrow, who is also a double-figure scorer for West Charlotte in basketball, has collected a handful of Power 5 scholarship offers with Louisville joined by Miami, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, Ohio State, and Virginia Tech.

So he has committable offers from ND, OSU and OU?

I Googled his name with those schools and couldn't find anything about him with any of those schools.

When you’re getting commitments from guys that hold offers from Central Arkansas, Arkansas-Pine Bluff, and Incarnate Word you know you’re ready to take down Clemson. They got an OL commitment the other day from a guy who held offers from almost every school in the Ivy League.

https://247sports.com/college/louis...Chance-Morrow-commitment-Cardinals-167063948/

While yet to receive a rating from 247Sports, Morrow, who is also a double-figure scorer for West Charlotte in basketball, has collected a handful of Power 5 scholarship offers with Louisville joined by Miami, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, Ohio State, and Virginia Tech.

I’m glad this thread drew a Card poster with some knowledge.

LC, what have you all heard regarding U of L’s top rated recruit last year, Jaraye Williams?

He was a Rivals 4 Star, and his rating helped lift U of L’s recruiting class from the 30’s into the 20’s, on Rivals’ list for 2021.

He is still shown as a “commit” or a “verbal,” but not a signee, according to both Rivals and TOS.

Has he made it to campus?

JUCO?

Reactions: Rockford
I’m glad this thread drew a Card poster with some knowledge.

LC, what have you all heard regarding U of L’s top rated recruit last year, Jaraye Williams?

He was a Rivals 4 Star, and his rating helped lift U of L’s recruiting class from the 30’s into the 20’s, on Rivals’ list for 2021.

He is still shown as a “commit” or a “verbal,” but not a signee, according to both Rivals and TOS.

Has he made it to campus?

JUCO?

Twenty-one of the 22 players who had made verbal commitments to U of L followed through with autographed letters of intent Wednesday morning. The lone holdout was suburban Seattle linebacker Jaraye Williams, son of former Cardinal basketball star Terrence Williams, and still unsigned.

He later decommitted, no reason given that I ever read. Have not seen any information on where he landed.

No he doesn’t false information.

The story on the Card’s forums is that this will be a tiny class, as low as 12 signees . . . but maybe a couple more since they shed McCaffree and maybe another in June.

Read the thread, linked above, and the spin on so few signees was that Satt was being selective with so few numbers to work with.

The recent commits sound solid, but I’m not sure they fill what I consider their biggest needs . . . size on both lines.

The story on the Card’s forums is that this will be a tiny class, as low as 12 signees . . . but maybe a couple more since they shed McCaffree and maybe another in June.

Read the thread, linked above, and the spin on so few signees was that Satt was being selective with so few numbers to work with.

The recent commits sound solid, but I’m not sure they fill what I consider their biggest needs . . . size on both lines.
FWIW. I am not happy with recruiting or Satt's flirtation with USCjr. But I am not happy with sports in general. I gave up my bball tickets when I could no longer stomach Pitino's bs. I gave up my football tickets when BPII was hired.

My pre-covid sports viewing was down to UofL and UK. I still follow out of habit. A 60 year old passion doesn't vanish overnight.

Ty Spalding
Gold Member
Today at 9:49 PM
Add bookmark

I’m with the Louisville site, and just to clarify, he didn’t have any of those offers - not football or basketball. He claimed them as football offers, and none of those schools were ever interested. Weird situation.

Only legitimate offers were Louisville, Old Dominion, and Virginia Tech

Only team I know of that relied super heavy on JUCOs in the SEC was Mississippi State. I dont know if Leach will continue that.
Satterfield worked magic his first year with kids that decided they WANTED to play, but his recruiting didnt follow...then he turned a real bad flirtation with South Carolina into a historically bad press conference.

I think he's going to try to parlay a quick fix with jucos and any transfers he can get to stick into a better job somewhere else. Better meaning someone else's ask is on the line at the HC position and he can go back to a coordinator position somewhere. He's gotten paid.

Didn’t Schiano recruit and RS a bunch of Jucos when he got to Rutgers his first go with them? They struggled while those guys RSed, but then were a good football team, if I am recalling correctly. That is the one time I recall heavy use of Juco recruits working well.

When you’re getting commitments from guys that hold offers from Central Arkansas, Arkansas-Pine Bluff, and Incarnate Word you know you’re ready to take down Clemson. They got an OL commitment the other day from a guy who held offers from almost every school in the Ivy League.
I find it almost impossible to believe that anyone bright enough to receive a raft of Ivy attention would express interest in settling on Floyd St.

Both of those, I assume, will be on campus this fall and are filling out the depth chart Satterthorpe spoke about a couple of weeks ago. You want Jucos, preferably, in the spring, but when you are thin, you need to do the best you can to give depth to the roster.

FWIW. I am not happy with recruiting or Satt's flirtation with USCjr. But I am not happy with sports in general. I gave up my bball tickets when I could no longer stomach Pitino's bs. I gave up my football tickets when BPII was hired.

My pre-covid sports viewing was down to UofL and UK. I still follow out of habit. A 60 year old passion doesn't vanish overnight.
You thought you hated the direction of the sport, wait until Emmerts done effing everything up….

I’m much like you . I still get pumped about UK football but nothing else really. I really couldn’t care less who the UK basketball team signs . I would never have dreamed I would feel this way , lol.

I kinda think the new transfer rules would have a massive effect on juco recruiting. It’s another way to fill out your roster.

Reactions: billoliver40
The UL fanbase and the national media continue to overrate UL. They have a few realist posters that realize that the UK roster is far better than theirs (especially with the departure of some of their offensive stars like atwell and fitzgerald), but they're in for a rude awakening this year. They have a lot of people who still think that the flu against UK and covid last year were the only reasons for their struggles.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT