ADVERTISEMENT

uofl recruiting on fire

The UL fanbase and the national media continue to overrate UL. They have a few realist posters that realize that the UK roster is far better than theirs (especially with the departure of some of their offensive stars like atwell and fitzgerald), but they're in for a rude awakening this year. They have a lot of people who still think that the flu against UK and covid last year were the only reasons for their struggles.
To be fair, I understand that quite a few U6 players had the flu when we whooped 'em in 2019 - the WeR2smallnslo19 Flu...

Last edited:
I remember those days when all our 2* and 3* guys were all diamonds in the rough and just missed by the recruiting services and the other 120 schools that didn’t offer.
Or we had that tight end that could put on weight and be an excellent offensive tackle with really good footwork that already knows the program.

its not hard to look at Louisville recruiting and see the path they are headed down. Almost a mirror image of Jokers recruiting.
Joker's recruiting with a better Coach will end up with 4 or 5 wins per year versus 2. I have seen this movie before and the ending is terrible.

its not hard to look at Louisville recruiting and see the path they are headed down. Almost a mirror image of Jokers recruiting.
Yeah.

And like Joker, they inked a single Rivals 4 Star on NSD in 2021, only to whiff getting him on campus. His inclusion landed them 8 or 10 spots higher than the actual results of their recruiting. UT is now down to 15 of their commitments from February, 2021. This is why the services need to re-rank after arrivals can be counted.

Last edited:
Welp boys they got another commit. This is a BIG one. OL from Jackson, Tn Izaiah Reed. Offers from Ark St., Army, Austin Peay, & Colorado. Scott is KILLING it on the recruiting trail! Remember they only have 12 schollys so they have to be "selective." They couldn't dare take on a guy like Goodwin.

Welp boys they got another commit. This is a BIG one. OL from Jackson, Tn Izaiah Reed. Offers from Ark St., Army, Austin Peay, & Colorado. Scott is KILLING it on the recruiting trail! Remember they only have 12 schollys so they have to be "selective." They couldn't dare take on a guy like Goodwin.

If Army gave him an offer he is strong academically. If Colorado gave him an offer he might like to smoke the lettuce. Louisville needs somebody strong academically on their team to help balance out the other not so brilliant people and smoking weed just fits right in at City College. This is probably their best recruit by far. He has decent size, probably the biggest player on their team.

TBH, in the not so distant past, we would have been fired up about a recruiting class comprised of a 4 star DE, high 3-star QB and all the rest 3 stars.

My, how the tables have turned...
I don’t see the value in dismissing other team’s recruits. As if we know what 18 year-old kids are truly going to develop into studs in 2-3 years. Answer: not one of us does.

If Army gave him an offer he is strong academically. If Colorado gave him an offer he might like to smoke the lettuce. Louisville needs somebody strong academically on their team to help balance out the other not so brilliant people and smoking weed just fits right in at City College. This is probably their best recruit by far. He has decent size, probably the biggest player on their team.
Every student is on scholarship at Army. Nobody pays tuition.

I don’t see the value in dismissing other team’s recruits. As if we know what 18 year-old kids are truly going to develop into studs in 2-3 years. Answer: not one of us does.
Truer words were never written. The star rankings are strictly for fans, not coaches. The coaches couldn't care less how many stars are by a recruit's name. Case in point, the vast majority of kids drafted in the past year's NFL draft were 3-stars coming out of high school, not 4 or 5-stars.

Case in point, the vast majority of kids drafted in the past year's NFL draft were 3-stars coming out of high school, not 4 or 5-stars.

5 Stars were 33 times more likely to be drafted than 3 Star players.

There is a strong correlation. Yes, Avery Williams and Bud Dupree rose above the pack at U.K. But their surrounding cast failed to get Joker more than 2-6 wins.

Reactions: gojvc

True.

Avery, Bud, Cobb, were all 4 or 5 Stars that went unrecognized. And our best record with any of those players was 7 wins . . . and we did that only during Cobb’s tenure.

But I feel qualified as an expert to testify about a class full of 2 and 3 Stars against a P5 schedule.

It ain’t too pretty a recollection!

Truer words were never written. The star rankings are strictly for fans, not coaches. The coaches couldn't care less how many stars are by a recruit's name. Case in point, the vast majority of kids drafted in the past year's NFL draft were 3-stars coming out of high school, not 4 or 5-stars.
star rankings absolutely matter
look at the teams in the college playoffs, then look at their recruiting rankings

there are far more 3 star players then there are 5 star players
that is why more 3 star players are drafted
as Hack mentioned 5 star players have a much higher percentage of getting drafted

Reactions: thornie1
Some very smart folk have convinced me that though stars are a good indicator, the offer sheets are really just as important. Plenty of 3 star kids (and under) get offers. Not so many from top 30 schools.
Although we have had wonderful success with two star guys like Allen, and some places Cobb....its a lot nicer to have high three and four star guys developing.
And I dont want to forget....two of our lowest rated players were a guy named Snell and one named Stephen Johnson....and they turned out to be FOOTBALL players.

Reactions: The-Hack
In my view Louisvilles recruiting dilemma is size as well as number. Coach Satterfield seems to be recruiting Appalachian State size....and that wont last in a P5 year.
not just size, he is also recruiting Appy st. level talent
that is a recipe for disaster in a P5 conference
his only saving grace right now is how bad the ACC is
in any other P5 conference ul would be lucky to win 1 or 2 conference games

Luckily for him the ACC is t a P5 conference. 👀

I think this is due to the fact he had no connections to this area. I think Satterfield is a good coach and if he stayed (or went back) in the carolinas he would be having a lot more success. Outside of his one season at toledo, he has never even been close to the area recruiting wise. And in the old days that was ok because UK couldn't lock down any recruits in the area, but thats changed. And his home is the carolinas and tennessee/virginia to an extent. How many carolina kids do you think he's luring away from Clemson/UNC/SCAR? None which is why he's battling the smaller schools for recruits.

I don't think we can judge these kids yet because theres been some hella good players that were underrated and really developed into studs. But I would be feeling weary if I was a UL fan. Too bad they are too much a delusional fan base to realize.

I don’t like knocking anyone’s recruitments because:
1) that used to be us
2) have we forgotten about Josh Allen already?

2) have we forgotten about Josh Allen already?

Have we forgotten Avery and Bud? They were under-heralded recruits who made it big. But their teams were losing teams at U.K., largely because they were surrounded by recruits accurately judged to be mediocre 2 and 3 Stars.

Sure, everyone can catch lightning in a bottle with a middlin’ 3 Star player, or two per Class, but what about a whole team of them?

Has a team full of over-achieving 2 and 3 Stars crashed either the BCS or playoffs (more than 60 slots, now, since 1997)?

No, as all of them the last 25 years had at least half their rosters packed with 4 and 5 Star players.

Wait, are we forgetting Jacob Hester, a middlin’ 3 Star tailback that led LSU in rushing in their 2008 title run?

No.

He was surrounded by 4 and 5 Star talent.

What did Josh Allen have that Avery and Bud didn’t?

He had twenty teammates that were 4 and 5 Star talents, 17 teammates who were drafted, and counting Free agencies, more than 24 teammates who had at least a cup of coffee in the NFL.

Reactions: Blue Swag
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT