ADVERTISEMENT

UofL appeal made public

giphy.gif

Whats the word for trying downplay the fact that you arranged prostitution for minors by talking about the dollar amounts? Oh yeah, repugnant.

Last edited:
Not a tard fan. Just don't believe the banners will be taken. Just my opinion. Many on here are just short of guaranteeing that the banners will come down. NCAA has done nothing, in my opinion, to give posters on here such faith that the banners are a lock to come down. This false confidence/bravado is born of hope. We can hope all we want, but NO ONE knows what will happen.
obviously, that is a correct statement....but, you had to throw in that last paragraph. That paragraph was insinuating we would turn into the butthurt fans and make "claims of cheating"...there is no effin claim!...the NCAA has already made that ruling. The penalty for that proven cheating is a different story, yet to be completely determined.

obviously, that is a correct statement....but, you had to throw in that last paragraph. That paragraph was insinuating we would turn into the butthurt fans and make "claims of cheating"...there is no effin claim!...the NCAA has already made that ruling. The penalty for that proven cheating is a different story, yet to be completely determined.

Yep, exactly. Well said.

Reactions: Blueaz
The bottom line is this. The NCAA has NEVER gone after a school for providing whores for recruits and existing players before. Ask yourself, WHY are the doing it to ul now? As you can plainly see, the NCAA is only out to punish ul for something that the majority of people in the world aren't even aware of! Where is the precident?

I realize that we make fun of ul, and for good reason, but this time is one of those times.
colorado used sex and they got hit right?

Their response is the most unprofessional jibber jabber I have ever heard in an official document. It sounds like a guy sitting at a bar arguing his case. The NCAA should hit them harder for showing no remorse, no admission of guilt and for throwing it all on McGee. Total arrogant douchbags and they will pay because of it.
McGee was a representative of their university. I agree with you they are going to pay

Reactions: Ugoff
Did anyone catch all the National writers and pundits when this came about. All said it was a joke of a sanction, USA Today, Mad Dog Radio, ESPN columnists. Everyone said what a joke. Not sure they have ever been a fan or lived in KY but most felt like the sanctions were a joke. Highly doubt NCAA back tracks on this. They read how soft and heard.

He might as well come back under his original UL username... because he's fooling no one

The committee has already stated the players who were involved with the parties became ineligible at that time. Playing an ineligible player forfeits the game they played in. The appeals committee would have to say that the parties never happened and that the players did not receive impermissible benefits before they could change the decision about the banner.

No one involved in this soap opera has any doubt about the infractions or the loss of games and revenue. UL is merely posturing for their base. They know as well as we do that most of them are too stupid to see who the bad guys really are.

I have post postdoctoral degrees. You are spouting jibberish- nice try.
What are you talking about? And why are you quoting yourself? I'm neither interested in nor impressed by your degrees. I, too, am an educated man but am not compelled to impress anonymous message board posters with my education and credentials.

Go back and polish the frames holding your "degrees" and let the rest of us have fun at the expense of Uavel.

Btw, you omitted a space in front of your hyphen, "doctor".

What does one say to an idiot- not much, as you will remain an idiot. You're either of a low intellectual level or,well, that covers it. To be a looserville fan, a team that doesn't have a legitimate title since 87 is pathetic. Your school will suffer significant shame regarding its indescretions of unprecedented actiions will mire it in unprecedented shitdome. Live with that.
Okay, I get it now. You think I'M a Uavel fan. Hahaha that's funny. Ask anyone here if I'm anything other than a died in the wool true blue fan. "My" school has won 8 national championships and more games than any school in history.

You either had a really bad day, got some bad crunk juice, or are genuinely a fool. Sober up and get well. Or don't. I actually don't care either way.

No way bud. I know it'll upset a couple posters here , but the banner is gonna go

It's already been vacated. Appeal won't change that. The banner is gonna come down

That being said, I 100% value your opinion.

Come on FU (Ah...I best not try shortening your username in the future :oops:) but,... Can't you value his opinion 95% or so to give yourself a little wiggle-room...

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
Come on FU (Ah...I best not try shortening your username in the future :oops:) but,... Can't you value his opinion 95% or so to give yourself a little wiggle-room...

;) FU is fine ! Ha.

And ok ya... let's go with 94% ? Just to be fair eh?

I mean I TOTALLY meant what I said by "100% valuing their opinion" totally. 100%. Total respect .

I hope the NCAA tells them that had the whole university been in good standing, we might have given you a break. Had you not been put on probation for violating accreditation standards, we might have given you a break. Had you not had a coach having sex on a table in a public restaurant and then paying for an abortion from that incident, we might have given you a break. Had you not employed a bunch of criminals that were constantly stealing money from the school, we might have given you a break. Had you not paid off multiple individuals to keep their mouths' shut about the activities going on at your university, we might have given you a break. They could go on and on about audits, the UL Foundation, the Yum Center, shootings, an overdose, etc. Tell them the whole school is so corrupt and there is no way we would believe anything you have to say and all punishments stand. In fact if you don't clean house and start all over from the top down then you will be removed from the NCAA permanently. Then on to North Carolina.

Reactions: brianpoe
I read an article a month or so ago from a National writer and he said this would get ugly, end up with U of L suing the NCAA and it dragging out in courts for years so they could keep the banner. I'm starting to believe it. Those scum will try and kick the can down the road so the banner can hang and the epic disgrace can be avoided while they are all still employed there.
For a nuisance lawsuit such as you are suggesting to actually be successful, a judge would 1st have to rule that the basis of UL's case had merit. That is unlikely to happen.

How can anyone say the NCAA is setting a precedent with these "draconian" penalties and not acknowledge that ul set a precedent with the infractions? This wasn't the typical "extra benefit" situation. Did they honestly expect the NCAA to have specific language in the rule book prohibiting hiring whores for players and recruits along with specific penalties?

Hey ul fans, it isn't written in the books and no one has been punished for it before, but it will be frowned upon if your coaches take a few players and kidnap a recruit's mother to get him to sign. You're welcome in advance.

How can anyone say the NCAA is setting a precedent with these "draconian" penalties and not acknowledge that ul set a precedent with the infractions? This wasn't the typical "extra benefit" situation. Did they honestly expect the NCAA to have specific language in the rule book prohibiting hiring whores for players and recruits along with specific penalties?

Hey ul fans, it isn't written in the books and no one has been punished for it before, but it will be frowned upon if your coaches take a few players and kidnap a recruit's mother to get him to sign. You're welcome in advance.
Exactly! Well said!!

Reactions: ymmot31

Once Katina Powell's book was published, UL was toast. Subsequently, their university president has been fired and their entire Board was dismissed. The NCAA's 1st report on the matter says it all. People really ought to read it before commenting. The NCAA won't turn their conclusion 180 degrees the other way, just because UL appealed. LOL! UL is going to get nailed, and rightly so. UL fans and conspiracy theorists are the only people who haven't figured this out yet.

UL thumbed their nose at the NCAA in the recent past when they kept Hurt in a coaching capacity after he received a show cause penalty. They have demonstrated in the past that they have very little regard for rules and authority.

If this had been a one time, isolated occurrence, then I would agree with them that the loss of the banner, or any games, would be too harsh. But this went on for four years! It was systematic and begs the question, "if they would do this, what else would they do that we DON'T know about"?

UL thumbed their nose at the NCAA in the recent past when they kept Hurt in a coaching capacity after he received a show cause penalty. They have demonstrated in the past that they have very little regard for rules and authority.

If this had been a one time, isolated occurrence, then I would agree with them that the loss of the banner, or any games, would be too harsh. But this went on for four years! It was systematic and begs the question, "if they would do this, what else would they do that we DON'T know about"?
Exactly.

For a nuisance lawsuit such as you are suggesting to actually be successful, a judge would 1st have to rule that the basis of UL's case had merit. That is unlikely to happen.

Works for me. I'd love to see the banners lowered quickly while Pitino is still there but have the stinking suspicion that the NCAA purposely has drug this out so they can sweep it under the rug. Anybody that says they are 100 percent sure that the NCAA will do the right thing is delusional.

Last edited:
Reactions: BoxterS
Will be interesting to see how the results of Hooker Gate are reported by the "sports media".
If UL gets to keep the banner, sports writers will say "see, we told you it was much ado about nothing." They'll probably point to UK fans and bring up the Higgins phone calls too.

If the banner does come down, ESPN may very well do 48 hours uninterrupted lamenting the egregious nature of the penalties and how all of this is out of proportion with the crimes. 'Cause hookers should be legal" and "it happens everywhere"!

Mark my words.

Works for me. I'd love to see the banners lowered quickly while Pitino is still there but have the stinking suspicion that the NCAA purposely has drug this out so they can sweep it under the rug. Anybody that says they are 100 percent sure that the NCAA will do the right thing is delusional.
Huh? For the NCAA, this has moved fairly quickly. How is the NCAA sweeping it "under the rug" when they have already hammered UL? Don't you understand the process?

Will be interesting to see how the results of Hooker Gate are reported by the "sports media".
If UL gets to keep the banner, sports writers will say "see, we told you it was much ado about nothing." They'll probably point to UK fans and bring up the Higgins phone calls too.

If the banner does come down, ESPN may very well do 48 hours uninterrupted lamenting the egregious nature of the penalties and how all of this is out of proportion with the crimes. 'Cause hookers should be legal" and "it happens everywhere"!

Mark my words.
Most sports writers have already said they think the sanctions are too weak.

Huh? For the NCAA, this has moved fairly quickly. How is the NCAA sweeping it "under the rug" when they have already hammered UL? Don't you understand the process?

I guess not. Seems drug out to me. Regardless, this is the NCAA we are talking about and I'll get excited only when some turd is standing below the banners, ready to do the deed and TAPS is playing on the BUM Center speakers.

I guess not. Seems drug out to me. Regardless, this is the NCAA we are talking about and I'll get excited only when some turd is standing below the banners, ready to do the deed and TAPS is playing on the BUM Center speakers.

I think we should raise a banner in Rupp for Katina 2010-2014 when it does come down!

Reactions: BigBlueTom1
During all of this back and forth about what a proper punishment would look like, I have not seen anyone discuss the impact on other teams. One of the primary purposes of vacation penalties, which are considered completely separate and apart from traditional penalties (bans, probation, scholarships, etc.), is to recognize that teams/players shouldn't get to keep wins when they were cheating and the opposing teams shouldn't have to keep losses against teams/players that were cheating. During the years in question, Louisville was impermissibly "entertaining" its recruits and players in ways that their opponents were not. Louisville fans can argue all day long that it did not, in reality, provide any real "benefit," but that is entirely subjective and impossible to prove. Moreover, this is not only about "benefit" -- it is also about amateurism.

In the end, even if the players would have been reinstated during the seasons in question as Louisville argues--which I find hard to believe considering this was an ongoing situation over several years (not isolated to one or two instances)--that did not happen and opposing teams were forced to play against a school and players that were cheating. The only way to rectify that is to vacate games.

Reactions: cbrwalt and ymmot31
In addition to my point above about the purpose of vacating games, I would also like to address Louisville's argument about "reinstatement" from a logical standpoint. I get the argument, and it makes sense in the abstract. Louisville contends that because a player WAS reinstated at the end, then that would have happened to the other players during. But there is at least one fatal flaw to this argument: This was not an isolated instance. In other words, that argument only holds water if something happened one time several years ago and it just so happens that the instance was not discovered until years later, long after any game suspension would have been in effect. Here, however, this was an ongoing scheme of cheating. The school and players were continually violating NCAA rules. In such a scenario, it makes no sense to say "but if this would have been discovered and stopped at a certain point in time, then the players would have been eligible again after a few games." That is not what happened. The violations occurred over and over. You don't get to pick an arbitrary point in time to hypothetically end the violations in order to save your banner. When the violations are continuing during an entire period, there is no going back at that point. That entire period needs to be wiped out.

Moreover, as I stated earlier in this thread, the argument also fails because if you allow teams to cheat but argue that no games should be vacated because the players could have regained eligibility if discovered earlier, then you are basically incentivizing teams to not come forward when they discover violations because if they can keep them hidden until after a player's playing days are over, then there is no harm in terms of losing potential games.

Did anyone catch all the National writers and pundits when this came about. All said it was a joke of a sanction, USA Today, Mad Dog Radio, ESPN columnists. Everyone said what a joke. Not sure they have ever been a fan or lived in KY but most felt like the sanctions were a joke. Highly doubt NCAA back tracks on this. They read how soft and heard.

If a mother of an underage recruit had decided to go public and actually attempted some type of litigation vs UL, they would have been toast long ago.

A settlement would be a devastating admission and a trial would have revealed Lord knows what.

Cards are lucky they do not have the external social pressures a lawsuit from a parent would have provoked with much more media attention.

My point exactly. Dont count the chickens until they hatch. I understand the NCAA has spoken, and what they have said is right, but the appeals committee has not spoken.

We've got a lot of UL fans sitting around at home, probably playing video games all day and smoking etc with nothing to do, claiming they "work from home" that are trying every angle possible to find reason to keep the banners.

Save the celebration for when those bad boys are descending to the dusty floor of the Yum center

ADVERTISEMENT