ADVERTISEMENT

UofL appeal made public

We can all have our own opinions, but the appeals committee will decide if the banners stay or come down. None of us have any ideal what they will decide. We can only hope they do the right thing and make them vacate. I will not feel good until they officially take them down!!

Reactions: BoxterS
It will be interesting to follow what happens to Louisville. I am one of the conspiracy theorists in that I believe the decision being made regarding the UNC**** case bears on this. The decisions are too close, too egregious against what the NCAA should stand for. If they plan to let UNC**** off lightly, they'll have to let Louisville off lightly. If they plan on punishing UNC****, they will carry through with vacating Louisville's title.

Clearly, I believe they should pound both but do they have morals and conviction or do they chase the $? I have no real faith in the NCAA. I think they are money grubbing cartel members who exploit the student athletes to line their own pockets.

Short term $ gain maybe? It seems like they lose all authority if they do nothing and it could be the beginning of the end for the NCAA if they do that.

It will be interesting to follow what happens to Louisville. I am one of the conspiracy theorists in that I believe the decision being made regarding the UNC**** case bears on this. The decisions are too close, too egregious against what the NCAA should stand for. If they plan to let UNC**** off lightly, they'll have to let Louisville off lightly. If they plan on punishing UNC****, they will carry through with vacating Louisville's title.

Clearly, I believe they should pound both but do they have morals and conviction or do they chase the $? I have no real faith in the NCAA. I think they are money grubbing cartel members who exploit the student athletes to line their own pockets.
Respectfully, I don't see the analogy. The gist of the UNC case is academic fraud, and a former UNC player confirmed it to the NCAA. So it's only a question of who gets blamed at UNC. In addition to clear violations of NCAA rules, the UL case is about criminal activity (prostitution, and possibly misappropriation of funds) on a state-run campus, contributing to the delinquency of minors, and a king-sized cover-up that has already gotten their University President fired and their entire Board dismissed. I realize no criminal arrests were made. But the NCAA report is clear on all these points. The violations at UL were severe. Games will be forfeited, and significant penalties will be imposed. UL is appealing because that's their only option at this point. It doesn't mean UL's appeal has a realistic chance to change anything. The banner is coming down, but the penalties will be more severe than that. If UL had a point of law to stand on, their appeal might have a chance. But they don't. So there really isn't much mystery who will get blamed at UL. By now, I think that is pretty well understood. Having said that, if the NCAA were to surprise me and significantly moderate UL's penalty on the basis of this appeal (which would be unprecedented), then I would become as suspicious as you sound.

Fellas, I've got bad news. I checked the UofL Scout board and it seems that they have decided the appeal will work. The NCAA will vacate a few games but leave the banner.

It would appear the NCAA was trying to act tough, but has seen the error of their ways.
Heaven's Gate has nothing on those F-Tards...

I am hoping that while Uofsmell appeals the ncaa finds a reason to STIFFEN the punishment . There is no penalty for appealing and losing so maybe the ncaa should add one .

Reactions: brianpoe
Short term $ gain maybe? It seems like they lose all authority if they do nothing and it could be the beginning of the end for the NCAA if they do that.

How many times have we said this though; "the NCAA will lose all authority and it will be the beginning of the end for them"?

Not going to happen. The NCAA keeps cruising along. This notion that their downfall is imminent is a pipe dream. NCAA will always do what they want with zero repercussions. The banners will stay

How many times have we said this though; "the NCAA will lose all authority and it will be the beginning of the end for them"?

Not going to happen. The NCAA keeps cruising along. This notion that their downfall is imminent is a pipe dream. NCAA will always do what they want with zero repercussions. The banners will stay

I understand the pessimism, believe me. I didn't think they would take the title to begin with. Now that they have, I don't see how they return it on appeal.

No case before has been as egregious as this hooker scandal at uofl or the academic fraud at UNCheat***. The only one that you could say that did is maybe Baylor. So while we may have said this before I just don't see member schools standing by and allowing this kind of conduct to be condoned by their parent organization.

Guess that's just me holding out hope for common sense though.

Reactions: CatTough
Still think they keep the banner. Let the "you're a tard fan!!" Commence. I don't trust the NCAA, or it's appeals committee. It's not what you know it's what you can prove. This whole angle of "members of the title team only attended parties, they didn't receive benefits" might work.

I think UL vacates some games, but the banners stay. I would caution before the masses descend to be careful of your counter argument as this thing is still pretty far from over.

In fact, I think posts like "well, we all know they cheated and that's all that matters regardless of what the NCAA determines" are right around the corner.
What does that last paragraph mean?
YES.
Everyone knows (NCAA has found) they cheated with ineligible players, had strippers, had hookers, hookers engaged in underage sex with recruits (and some of the fathers) and current team members were found to also have taken part in this illegal, unethical benefit

This is why you get labeled a tard fan

Reactions: brianpoe
What does that last paragraph mean?
YES.
Everyone knows (NCAA has found) they cheated with ineligible players, had strippers, had hookers, hookers engaged in underage sex with recruits (and some of the fathers) and current team members were found to also have taken part in this illegal, unethical benefit

This is why you get labeled a tard fan

Not a tard fan. Just don't believe the banners will be taken. Just my opinion. Many on here are just short of guaranteeing that the banners will come down. NCAA has done nothing, in my opinion, to give posters on here such faith that the banners are a lock to come down. This false confidence/bravado is born of hope. We can hope all we want, but NO ONE knows what will happen.

Would you guys be saying the banner stays if it eas UK...i will hang up and listen.
But it's not UK so your question is irrelevant.

I can only speak for myself, but if it was revealed that this ghetto crap went on at Lexington, I would never be wearing UK gear in public again. I would probably watch them if everyone involved were no longer associated with the university.

I certainly wouldn't be making excuses for them or trying to rationalize it.

They've already had to cut back on their recruiting budget.

20768074_344957635945221_3505707697929051367_n__1__by_manoluv-dbjsid9.jpg

18157829_462566750801841_7438246306199910477_n_by_manoluv-db80d9v.jpg

We can all have our own opinions, but the appeals committee will decide if the banners stay or come down. None of us have any ideal what they will decide. We can only hope they do the right thing and make them vacate. I will not feel good until they officially take them down!!
No, they will decide if an error was made by the COI.

Reactions: Bluest Member
I've finally came around and started to see this from the other side, the ville view. Don't forget that several of these girls were very young. Surely they were not well versed in the carnal arts at such at tender age. I would assume that when one pays for sex, the assumption would be that the sexee would have experience equal to the charge.

I submit to you, if the value is disputable, then isn't the entire situation debatable? If we can't agree on a value how can we be expected to believe any of it happened at all?

Rick said it didn't happen. As a Hall of Fame Coach I can't see where he would benefit from lying and saying he had no knowledge. He has too much to lose to lie about a situation like this. I would bet your last dollar he's telling the truth.

The bottom line is this. The NCAA has NEVER gone after a school for providing whores for recruits and existing players before. Ask yourself, WHY are the doing it to ul now? As you can plainly see, the NCAA is only out to punish ul for something that the majority of people in the world aren't even aware of! Where is the precident?

I realize that we make fun of ul, and for good reason, but this time is one of those times.
What in the hell are you smoking?

Someone is using dual accounts or is in their own world....I sometimes maintain my own space but...dayum...
Yeah, it's dual accounts. Get off your high horse. You're the only person I've ever seen with a list of quotes from themself. Why is that? Vanity? Stupidity? Both? Probably stupidity as the quotes suck.

I read an article a month or so ago from a National writer and he said this would get ugly, end up with U of L suing the NCAA and it dragging out in courts for years so they could keep the banner. I'm starting to believe it. Those scum will try and kick the can down the road so the banner can hang and the epic disgrace can be avoided while they are all still employed there.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's dual accounts. Get off your high horse. You're the only person I've ever seen with a list of quotes from themself. Why is that? Vanity? Stupidity? Both? Probably stupidity as the quotes suck.

Ha ha.... I call it the truth. May be a subject you're not familiar with...just the plain truth...your assessments tell me all I need to know about you. Be Good

Last edited:
''Trying is the first step toward failure'' - Homer..........J. Simpson

I appreciate your
I posted this on another forum regarding the "reinstatement" argument, which I think is the strongest argument made, though likely still futile:

The problem with the reinstatement argument, which is still a necessary and somewhat persuasive argument, is that the example player may not have (and likely was not) involved in the more egregious acts. But I get it. Louisville is arguing, understandably, that while they should be punished badly for what happened overall, the vacation of games and money is a separate issue that revolves solely around the ineligibility of players -- i.e., it should not turn on how bad the actual violations were by the school.

I don't think that will fly in the end because of the scale of this, the nature, and the fact that no matter how much you speculate about what would have happened the players still played while technically ineligible. What Louisville's argument does is open a huge can of worms where so long as a player is not caught until after they have finished playing, then they and the school can never be punished for playing while ineligible. I can't see how the NCAA will allow that to become the precedent. And if Louisville concedes that some games should be vacated, but not all, then how on earth do you determine what games should be vacated? That would be a completely arbitrary and useless exercise.
I appreciate your views on this. I'm just stunned that they would choose to appeal with such weak arguments.

I read an article a month or so ago from a National writer and he said this would get ugly, end up with U of L suing the NCAA and it dragging out in courts for years so they could keep the banner. I'm starting to believe it. Those scum will try and kick the can down the road so the banner can hang and the epic disgrace can be avoided while they are all still employed there.

It's a voluntary organization. What's to drag through the courts? By joining the NCAA a member organization agrees to abide by their rules. As far as I've read, there is no legal precedent for any member of any private organization to question a ruling against them using the regulations they agreed to in order to join.

I don't think you understand what is going on. The NCAA has already ruled the banners to come down. UL keeping the banners requires the appeals committee to find an error to reverse the sanctions or send the matter back to the COI. There are at least two women on the appeals committee. UL shouldn't hold its breath.

Any other reputable school would by now suck up their punishment, fire the coach, clean house in the athletic department, and start fresh to get the whole sordid mess behind them. but not otis.

They envision going to court, playing the victim and showing how unjustly they were dealt with by the ncaa, and ultimately driving the ncaa out of existence.

JD, I have been told by someone who has the knowledge of this that the two football players are the only ones involved; fighting over a nickel bag and a ho.
For those who are short on connecting the dots, you have two people involved in a shooting; this happens in a secured area, with cameras, locked gates and all that, both are shot with the same gun, the owner of such gun is one of the victims.
UL makes Watergate look like something from a Mister Rogers show.
While eating out last night, the manger of the restaurant stopped by to ask how things were and when he saw my UK hat, he said never mind you (joking of course) but I wasn't in the mood for some F-face UL fan saying shit to me after all I know (so much that has not come out).
I asked him what he would do if I threw some woman across one of his tables and had sex with her. Before he could answer, I went on to ask: what would he do if one of his employees was using his establishment to get customers by giving all the men blow jobs by underage ladies?
Again, I went on to bring up more of UL's shameful acts and all he could say to me is "everybody is doing it and we got caught; its not fair that we are the only ones the NCAA is after'
How in the heck do you argue with such stupid crap like this?
I swear, I believe UL has been putting something in the water at Papa Johns and the Yum Center to get so many of their fans to be so stupid and narrow minded.
A whole fan base of stupid.

JD, I have been told by someone who has the knowledge of this that the two football players are the only ones involved; fighting over a nickel bag and a ho.
For those who are short on connecting the dots, you have two people involved in a shooting; this happens in a secured area, with cameras, locked gates and all that, both are shot with the same gun, the owner of such gun is one of the victims.
UL makes Watergate look like something from a Mister Rogers show.
While eating out last night, the manger of the restaurant stopped by to ask how things were and when he saw my UK hat, he said never mind you (joking of course) but I wasn't in the mood for some F-face UL fan saying shit to me after all I know (so much that has not come out).
I asked him what he would do if I threw some woman across one of his tables and had sex with her. Before he could answer, I went on to ask: what would he do if one of his employees was using his establishment to get customers by giving all the men blow jobs by underage ladies?
Again, I went on to bring up more of UL's shameful acts and all he could say to me is "everybody is doing it and we got caught; its not fair that we are the only ones the NCAA is after'
How in the heck do you argue with such stupid crap like this?
I swear, I believe UL has been putting something in the water at Papa Johns and the Yum Center to get so many of their fans to be so stupid and narrow minded.
A whole fan base of stupid.

That's the only response they have left now. After all the denials and attempts to vilify the accuser, they are left with 'everyone does it, why they picking on poor pitiful us?'!!

This attitude will only allow the cesspool to grow. I love it!

I believe the banner will stay.

No way bud. I know it'll upset a couple posters here , but the banner is gonna go
Still think they keep the banner. Let the "you're a tard fan!!" Commence. I don't trust the NCAA, or it's appeals committee. It's not what you know it's what you can prove. This whole angle of "members of the title team only attended parties, they didn't receive benefits" might work.

I think UL vacates some games, but the banners stay. I would caution before the masses descend to be careful of your counter argument as this thing is still pretty far from over.

In fact, I think posts like "well, we all know they cheated and that's all that matters regardless of what the NCAA determines" are right around the corner.

It's already been vacated. Appeal won't change that. The banner is gonna come down

That being said, I 100% value your opinion.

I vote (although a close vote) the ruling is NOT overturned and that the seasons and banners indeed are vacated despite the groveling of UL brass.

The appeal has been filed and was wondering when we will hear from the NCAA next and would the next communication be a final ruling. Did I hear something about the possibility of civil action that could be taken in the event the banners stay vacated?

I vote (although a close vote) the ruling is NOT overturned and that the seasons and banners indeed are vacated despite the groveling of UL brass.

The appeal has been filed and was wondering when we will hear from the NCAA next and would the next communication be a final ruling. Did I hear something about the possibility of civil action that could be taken in the event the banners stay vacated?

UofL will lose the banners. Sanctions will be upheld and they have zero grounds for a civil suit against the NCAA.

ADVERTISEMENT