ADVERTISEMENT

UNOFFICIAL St. Louis SEC tournament Guide

Thank you for this OP. My gf loves dueling pianos. Any suggestions?

Jive and Wail is real fun but it is all the way out in Wesport Plaza in Creve Coeur (more than a 20 minute drive from downtown). I think there is another one in BPV which is sponsored by Budweiser. I think you are required to drink at least two AB products while you are there and they only allow you to sing songs about AB products. Never been there.

I know this is not what you are asking but BB"s is a cool Blues Bar right down on Broadway that has live jazz.

If UK makes it to the Championship, I will be there.

Fiance is wedding dress shopping Saturday so best case scenario, we head to St. Louis Saturday evening.

Hoping for a good weekend. I could do some gambling.

Laclede's Landing used to be a great place to go, which is located right by the Mississippi River, but I have been hearing that it has gone downhill since I was last there 10 yrs or so ago.

I heard East St. Louis is the place to be now.

I would suggest trying imo's in the same way I suggest the salsa at tin roof, just in case you want to try the most god awful pizza imaginable. Only in the case of the salsa you are not paying triple the market rate as the case at imo's.

GTFO with that nonsense. Hot provel cheezy goodness on that crisp crust cut into squares???? Place is ridic.

Reactions: JFCats22
Laclede's Landing used to be a great place to go, which is located right by the Mississippi River, but I have been hearing that it has gone downhill since I was last there 10 yrs or so ago.

I heard East St. Louis is the place to be now.

Yeah Schwagg it took about 20 steps back but has recently taken a few forward. There are a couple of bars there, one that is a micro brewery but im not a big fan of it. The beer is not that good and next to no liquor. Places to go, but would not be top of my list.

Reactions: Schwagg
No love for JF Sanfillipo's? We ate there during the 1st/2nd RDs. of the tournament back in '02, met Bobby Hurley at some vendor tent he was associated with, nice, friendly guy. Teased him about being around so many UK fans and he reminded me about the KU fans as well as Duke beat KU in the Finals in '91. Jr. loved the guiseppe they served there.

Have always liked St. Louis, great Midwest City.

Jive and Wail is real fun but it is all the way out in Wesport Plaza in Creve Coeur (more than a 20 minute drive from downtown). I think there is another one in BPV which is sponsored by Budweiser. I think you are required to drink at least two AB products while you are there and they only allow you to sing songs about AB products. Never been there.

I know this is not what you are asking but BB"s is a cool Blues Bar right down on Broadway that has live jazz.

Thank you sir.

I would consider bringing my AK-47 along on the Metro link ride from Fairview Heights. ;)
It wasn't bad at all. There were plenty of UK fans riding with me, so I never felt unsafe. I would do it again if I were going to a Cardinals game or touring the city sites.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT