ADVERTISEMENT

Underachieving Vols-what could UK do with this class?

ukfit

All-American
Jul 10, 2001
5 star: 1, 4 stars: 12! (2010 class)

Granted they are frosh this year, but UT is starting a few of these.

I could be wrong, but I think that UT does less with more than any team in the SEC.
If UK had that class...
This post was edited on 10/22 7:47 PM by ukfit

Their young guys are coming around now. Expect them to keeptheir win streak going Sat. after next.

They consistently underachieve.
UK could and would achieve more with that talent but will we ever get it?

Until we beat them, I'll never understand how we can say much of anything about them.
nerd.gif

Tennessee has cleaned our clock for more than a quarter of a century. How can we say anthing about them? They don't even consider us a rival anymore. We had to find a new one.

When did they consider UK a rival? I'm from TN, lived there longer than 25 yrs, my father before me still lives there.....he's 63. I've never heard anyone consider UK and UT rival until I moved to Lexington 7 yrs ago.

You ask any UT fan who their rivals are, and they will say Florida, Bama, Georgia.....an on rare occasions Vandy, but that's mainly for state bragging rights.

UK and UT were rivals in the 70's and 80's. No question about it. My parents were at UK in the 70's and nobody was as hated as UT was in football.

That's my point though. You said that Your parents were at UK and hated UT. I haven't heard anyone, outside the rare person, who thinks that UT has ever considered UK a rival in football.

Don't get me wrong, being from both states and going to colleges in both....I would welcome a rivalry. It's good for business.

UK could clean UTs clock with 12 four stars in a frosh class.
Just sayin.

Originally posted by ukfit:

I could be wrong, but I think that UT does less with more than any team in the SEC.
If UK had that class...
True freshman and UT is considered to be underachieving? Come on guys.....you're better than that. Any clue how hard it is for freshman OL to start in college? Any clue how many we started on the OL this year? Did you know that UT's depth is lacking so badly that they couldn't even field an entire travel squad to LSU this season? You think UT deserves the "less with more" title over UGA? If you say yes to that, well, I just don't know what to say.

Originally posted by CJNVol:

If UK had that class...
True freshman and UT is considered to be underachieving? Come on guys.....you're better than that. Any clue how hard it is for freshman OL to start in college? Any clue how many we started on the OL this year? Did you know that UT's depth is lacking so badly that they couldn't even field an entire travel squad to LSU this season? You think UT deserves the "less with more" title over UGA? If you say yes to that, well, I just don't know what to say.

I thought your true freshman 4* QB was the difference in the game and several others played. But what about the twenty three 4*s and SEVEN 5* commits from the previous three years, I know a lot of them didn't want to play with a bunch of thugs, but weren't most of them still around? I know you have managed to keep your 5* Jackson, the one with the dumb thug hit that cost you the bowl game, out of jail-----so far.

Yes, Georgia underachieved greatly, but then I think UK is the only SEC team that actually overachieved if you just go by recruiting classes, only two 4*s that contributed this year.

I also think UT did a very poor job with their talent, but then Dooley does have a very useful law degree and it seems like the lack of integrity to put winning above everything else, so he should fit in well at UT.

Originally posted by jauk11:
I thought your true freshman 4* QB was the difference in the game and several others played. But what about the twenty three 4*s and SEVEN 5* commits from the previous three years, I know a lot of them didn't want to play with a bunch of thugs, but weren't most of them still around? I know you have managed to keep your 5* Jackson, the one with the dumb thug hit that cost you the bowl game, out of jail-----so far.

Yes, Georgia underachieved greatly, but then I think UK is the only SEC team that actually overachieved if you just go by recruiting classes, only two 4*s that contributed this year.

I also think UT did a very poor job with their talent, but then Dooley does have a very useful law degree and it seems like the lack of integrity to put winning above everything else, so he should fit in well at UT.

So you are like the other UT fans, anything for a win? Joker suspends his star QB and loses a bowl game for DRINKING AND BEING LOUD, my goodness, I didn't know college students drank. He wasn't even underage, and he took a taxi, sounds pretty responsible to me.

UT uses their Orange Pride for recruiting trips (350 miles round trip by a 22 year old WOMAN to see an 18 year old teenager play)? Please. But they only got commits from two four stars, not Lattimore.

EIGHT big football players beat up one man, kicking him in the head while he is down and giving him a concussion, and NOTHING happens to them. And repeat the attack on an off duty cop. Nope, if you don't have a body it isn't murder. Oh, they did have a body, but he was only in the hospital. He lived, so it is OK, the strange thing is that I haven't heard anything about him pressing charges or suing anyone, including the University for endangering citizens lives.

Oh, the cops forgot to ask for the MOST OBVIOUS EVIDENCE in the world, the video tapes, until the next morning. And then they were no good. How convenient.

And you don't see any difference in the integrity of the programs. And Dooley had no way to find out anything about what happened, like threatening to kick every last one of them off the team if they wanted to hang together? Were they all guilty? Well, it is UT so that is entirely possible.

Did you enjoy the stupid thug hit by your five star Jackson in the bowl game? Probably, when it happened. I did too, when it turned out the other player wasn't injured and it caused UT to lose the game. What happened to your 6' 4" 260# four star DE that was charged with assault when he hit the man FROM BEHIND recently that was dancing with a girl?

Please. Some things are more important than winning.

UT DOES do a very poor job with their talent Jauk, you are correct.
This is the point of the thread and it is undeniable.
THEY DO deserve the title of getting less with more.
Its actually funny.

UT DOES do a very poor job with their talent Jauk, you are correct.
This is the point of the thread and it is undeniable.
THEY DO deserve the title of getting less with more.
Its actually funny.
You are one of the UK fans that needs to stick to basketball. You obviously do not know what I mean when I refer to UGA. You do not know the difference between the in-state talent in Tennessee and Georgia. You expect a team full of freshman to go out and win 10 games. That's actually what is funny.

So you are like the other UT fans, anything for a win? Joker suspends his star QB and loses a bowl game for DRINKING AND BEING LOUD, my goodness, I didn't know college students drank. He wasn't even underage, and he took a taxi, sounds pretty responsible to me.

UT uses their Orange Pride for recruiting trips (350 miles round trip by a 22 year old WOMAN to see an 18 year old teenager play)? Please. But they only got commits from two four stars, not Lattimore.

EIGHT big football players beat up one man, kicking him in the head while he is down and giving him a concussion, and NOTHING happens to them. And repeat the attack on an off duty cop. Nope, if you don't have a body it isn't murder. Oh, they did have a body, but he was only in the hospital. He lived, so it is OK, the strange thing is that I haven't heard anything about him pressing charges or suing anyone, including the University for endangering citizens lives.

Oh, the cops forgot to ask for the MOST OBVIOUS EVIDENCE in the world, the video tapes, until the next morning. And then they were no good. How convenient.

And you don't see any difference in the integrity of the programs. And Dooley had no way to find out anything about what happened, like threatening to kick every last one of them off the team if they wanted to hang together? Were they all guilty? Well, it is UT so that is entirely possible.

Did you enjoy the stupid thug hit by your five star Jackson in the bowl game? Probably, when it happened. I did too, when it turned out the other player wasn't injured and it caused UT to lose the game. What happened to your 6' 4" 260# four star DE that was charged with assault when he hit the man FROM BEHIND recently that was dancing with a girl?

Son, you just spent your time typing a lot of stuff that doesn't support your case. The hostesses going to South Carolina were not on Dooley's watch. Strike one. The incident at the bar you are referring two resulted in two suspensions that you failed to mention. Strike two. The only player that was charged with anything in that whole ordeal was immediately booted from the football team by CDD. Strike three. Lot of wasted time in that post, sorry to say.

I thought the OP had the silliest statement in this thread until I read this post.

CDD had a thin roster w/ never over 65 players suited up; he lost a starting DE and DT before the season even started; he had to have an undersized DE starting at DT; he had 2 starting LBs out most or all of the season; he kicked one of his starting safeties off the team preseason; he had to start 3 freshmen on the OL; he had a choice between 2 QBs; one a true frosh, at QB. The frosh, albeit talented, was not ready until midway of the season. And you make the statement he did a poor job with the talent he had? The talent he had was mainly freshmen, most of whom did not come in until the fall camp, so had not had at least one offseason in the weight program. Your comment defies what most SEC analysts said about the job CDD did with the hand he was dealt.

Dread

Now, now ZZ. Let's not bring logic into this thread. That won't support the OP's theory. Mind you, three of those twelve 4*s aren't on the roster (Brown, Loften, Clark) but the rest should apparently have such an immediate impact that that UT has already failed them.

Son, you just spent your time typing a lot of stuff that doesn't support your case. The hostesses going to South Carolina were not on Dooley's watch. Strike one. The incident at the bar you are referring two resulted in two suspensions that you failed to mention. Strike two. The only player that was charged with anything in that whole ordeal was immediately booted from the football team by CDD. Strike three. Lot of wasted time in that post, sorry to say.

Who was suspended, give me names, and for how long? Myles (?) had a previous offense and was charged with hitting a cop, and evading arrest. The OIC in charge not asking for the tapes THE FIRST THING HE DID doesn't sound strange to you? That human beings could do that made me sick, that they got away with it makes me sicker. Eight men on one and kicking a man in the head while unconscious resulted in NO criminal charges that I have heard of, and the man didn't sue everyone in sight? If he did give me details, please. Hartline (very important to UK's offense) kicked off the team charged with drinking and disturbing the peace (they always tack that on). Community service by the Judge, do you think Joker had to kick him off?

A story in the local paper told of a man that was sentenced to TEN to TWENTY FIVE years in prison for assault for SPITTING on an ex girl friend. Served a year so far.

Had you rather be spit on or in the hospital with a concussion, where you could have lost your life?

The hostesses were outlawed by the NCAA, the way I understand it. Sounds logical to me.

Why don't you answer any of the questions, what happened to the multitude of four AND five stars UT signed the previous three years, surely UT doesn't recruit that many stars that can't hack it in college in Phys Ed or found out that UT isn't really the place they wanted to be. Four and five stars dropping out doesn't reflect well on your program, and I know for sure most of them didn't drop out. I can tell you the four stars UK had play against UT, two JC transfers, can you give me a list that played for UT, or is it too long? What happened to the four star charged with assault for hitting the man from behind, did he think he was entitled since the eight weren't charged with anything that I know of.

Who was suspended, give me names, and for how long? Myles (?) had a previous offense and was charged with hitting a cop, and evading arrest. The OIC in charge not asking for the tapes THE FIRST THING HE DID doesn't sound strange to you? That human beings could do that made me sick, that they got away with it makes me sicker. Eight men on one and kicking a man in the head while unconscious resulted in NO criminal charges that I have heard of, and the man didn't sue everyone in sight? If he did give me details, please. Hartline (very important to UK's offense) kicked off the team charged with drinking and disturbing the peace (they always tack that on). Community service by the Judge, do you think Joker had to kick him off?

A story in the local paper told of a man that was sentenced to TEN to TWENTY FIVE years in prison for assault for SPITTING on an ex girl friend. Served a year so far.

Had you rather be spit on or in the hospital with a concussion, where you could have lost your life?

The hostesses were outlawed by the NCAA, the way I understand it. Sounds logical to me.

Why don't you answer any of the questions, what happened to the multitude of four AND five stars UT signed the previous three years, surely UT doesn't recruit that many stars that can't hack it in college in Phys Ed or found out that UT isn't really the place they wanted to be. Four and five stars dropping out doesn't reflect well on your program, and I know for sure most of them didn't drop out. I can tell you the four stars UK had play against UT, two JC transfers, can you give me a list that played for UT, or is it too long? What happened to the four star charged with assault for hitting the man from behind, did he think he was entitled since the eight weren't charged with anything that I know of.
Seriously, just stop. You honestly don't know what you're talking about.
1. Players suspended - Marlon Walls (starting DT) and Greg King (2 deep LB); both were suspended one month
2. Dooley didn't feel the need to take any further action after speaking with the players, authorities, and everyone else involved. You, my friend, were not at the bar during the incident in question. Correct me if I am wrong there. Please tell me how you know 8 players were kicking one man in the head while on the ground. Better yet, tell me how you know one player did so.
3. I don't give a crap about what some local neck did to end up in the newspaper near where you live. Thanks for informing me though.
4. You are correct, the hostess deal was a bad move if the girls were made to go by the coaches. The flaw in your "Dooley is unethical" argument is that Dooley wasn't the coach when that took place. So, no, it's not logical to your argument.
5. This is long and I can't believe I'll waste my time on such a post to someone like you but since you are so misinformed, I'll humor you. You asked about the last 3 years so here goes:

2008 - signed zero 5*s and four 4*s. Of those four 4*s, Abrams-Ward left the program, Douglas transferred, Walls didn't qualify, and Williams just graduated

2009 - two 5*s and nine 4*s. Of those 5*s, Brown transferred and Jackson is still with the program. Of the 4*s, four are still in the program, two were kicked out of the program, one transferred, one didn't qualify, and one has been a non-contributor

2010 - one 5* and twelve 4*s. The 5* is going to be a starting WR for UT in 2011. Of the 4*s, three never qualified, one had his position switched from WR to DB right before the season started, six were contributors, and two were non-factors this season. (Not real sure why I have to explain freshmen anyway.)

In sum, over the course of the last three years and going by the average star ranking (puts everyone on an even playing feild regardless of number of commitments) UT has signed the #6 class in the SEC in 2008 (Bama, UF, LSU, UGA, USC), the #5 class in the SEC in 2009 (UF, UGA, Bama, LSU), and the #5 class in the SEC in 2010 (UF, Bama, AU, LSU - UGA was #6). Nationally, those same three classes ranked #35 in 2008, #10 in 2009, and #9 in 2010.

Those facts, when combined with two coaching staff changes over the course of the same time period don't exactly scream of impending success for a program. Would you not agree? The fact of the matter is, you are literally speaking of things you have put no research into. All of these facts can be found by simply searching Rivals.com. You don't even have to leave this site you're currently on. Please continue throwing around whatever misguided, misinformed, downright false information you want to but remember that these factual number tell a very different story.

^^ The police, UT police (go figure), listed these players as involved:

John Brown
Denarious Moore
Darren Myles, Jr.
Da'Rick Rodgers
Matthew Milton

That is 5 of the 7-10 that the bar owner claimed were involved in the fight. Of these players listed NONE of them were charged with assault for the fight with the customer in the bar and NONE of them were charged with assault of the off-duty police officer. Two of them were charged with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest. Only one of those two charged were thrown off the team and that was because it was his 2nd offense in less than a year (Myles). I believe Myles might have been charged with assaulting a police officer during his resisting arrest, but it was not the off-duty officer.

Walls and King were both re-instated to the team even before fall practice started. Strange that they were suspended and not mentioned by name by the UT Police as being involved. Maybe this is because they were being punished for something else?

It is also strange that the original victim, Russell, identified Montario Hughes and Denarious Moore as two of his attackers. He actually stated that Hughes started the fight. Yet neither Hughes nor Moore were arrested and in fact, the UT Police don't even really list Hughes as one of their 5 involved.

Sorry... but this whole story is bull and it shows why UT is shady. These guys assaulted 1 person inside of a bar and then another person outside of the bar, sending both to the hospital. Yet, none of the 7-10 were arrested for actually having a brawl or for assault. Instead, they are merely charged with evading arrest and disorderly conduct. Something about that just doesn't add up and even Knoxville bloggers and newspaper journalists have admitted that things don't smell right about the situation.

Ohh, and not to mention the fact that Bar Knoxville treated these football players as VIPs and illegal gave them benefits by not charging them the cover to get into the bar. None of the players were punished for accepting this illegal benefit.

None of the punishments fit the crimes in this situation. Had it been non-football players doing these actions then they all probably would have been immediately arrested, but when it is UT football players none of them are arrested for assaulting two different people.

Originally posted by Comebakatz03:

John Brown
Denarious Moore
Darren Myles, Jr.
Da'Rick Rodgers
Matthew Milton

That is 5 of the 7-10 that the bar owner claimed were involved in the fight. Of these players listed NONE of them were charged with assault for the fight with the customer in the bar and NONE of them were charged with assault of the off-duty police officer. Two of them were charged with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest. Only one of those two charged were thrown off the team and that was because it was his 2nd offense in less than a year (Myles). I believe Myles might have been charged with assaulting a police officer during his resisting arrest, but it was not the off-duty officer.

Walls and King were both re-instated to the team even before fall practice started. Strange that they were suspended and not mentioned by name by the UT Police as being involved. Maybe this is because they were being punished for something else?

It is also strange that the original victim, Russell, identified Montario Hughes and Denarious Moore as two of his attackers. He actually stated that Hughes started the fight. Yet neither Hughes nor Moore were arrested and in fact, the UT Police don't even really list Hughes as one of their 5 involved.

Sorry... but this whole story is bull and it shows why UT is shady. These guys assaulted 1 person inside of a bar and then another person outside of the bar, sending both to the hospital. Yet, none of the 7-10 were arrested for actually having a brawl or for assault. Instead, they are merely charged with evading arrest and disorderly conduct. Something about that just doesn't add up and even Knoxville bloggers and newspaper journalists have admitted that things don't smell right about the situation.

Ohh, and not to mention the fact that Bar Knoxville treated these football players as VIPs and illegal gave them benefits by not charging them the cover to get into the bar. None of the players were punished for accepting this illegal benefit.

None of the punishments fit the crimes in this situation. Had it been non-football players doing these actions then they all probably would have been immediately arrested, but when it is UT football players none of them are arrested for assaulting two different people.

Thank you for verifying the information I was relying on my memory for. That agrees with the reports I read before it was all covered up, blown away, and forgotten. And Myles was charged with assaulting an officer, but I think he really might have been kicked off the team because he couldn't outrun the officer. And I can see where the other guys probably thought Hughes, the starting DT, needed some help, he is only listed as 6' 4" and 312#. LOL

As I said, one man has already spent a year in prison for spitting on someone, and is sentenced to ten to twenty five. But nothing really happened to these animals that sent two people to the hospital. It really is hard to believe you can send a policeman to the hospital and get away with it, almost incredible.

But then it is UT. If this is the kind of crowd Dawson wants to hang with, (I don't think it is) let him go. There is NO doubt Hartline would have started the bowl game at UT.

John Brown
Denarious Moore
Darren Myles, Jr.
Da'Rick Rodgers
Matthew Milton

Do your homework, SPE. Please explain how you want Dooley to punish a player that is not, nor has he ever been, a part of the program. I'll wait for that answer but not with the expectation that you'll provide a decent answer. You yourself said the bar owner "claimed were involved in the fight." So since someone "claims" something, it makes it true? I heard Micah Johnson kicked in a door with a shotgun. So since I heard it, it must be true, right? I love the assumptions you make in this post. When attempting to make a point about King and Walls, you say, "Maybe this is because they were being punished for something else?" Yes, and maybe the sun will rise in the west and set in the east tomorrow. Probably not but maybe. "The original victim, Russell, identified Montario (it's actually Montori) Hughes and Denarious Moore as two of his attackers. He actually stated that Hughes started the fight." Wait a minute. Wait just a minute. You mean to tell me that a bar patron got in a fight and claimed the other guy started it? No! Can't be. I know every bar fight I've ever seen results in the guilty party trying to claim responsibility. Or, not so much. And the report was that one individual kicked someone while they were down but six were listed as potential suspects. So claim that 100 kicked a guy while he was down all you want but again, it's another false statement. You also fail to mention that the guy that was involved outside of the bar was an off-duty cop. Now, don't you think if an off-duty cop is beaten like that and was not at fault at all, the cops wouldn't be after anyone/everyone who played a role in the fight? Cops getting beaten up aren't taken lightly by their peers. Unless of course, said off-duty cop was intoxicated and also at fault in the situation. See, I can make assumptions as well. The argument about the bar owner seems to contradict itself as well. On one hand, you guys say the owner claims 7-10 were involved in the fight. The reports quote her as being awfully upset over the incident. If that's the case, then why weren't her video cameras working that night? That statement was posed in an earlier post and the poster alluded to it being part of some sort of shady cover-up. Well which is it? Is she pissed and trying to get the players or is she trying to help them? Or, maybe, she had a look at the video tapes and they told a different story altogether about who was at fault and decided to tell the cops the cameras weren't working that night. See what I did there? Made another assumption. Fact is, my assumptions have no basis and neither do yours. So the baseless information you posted proves nothing other than you don't know what happened.

Thank you for verifying the information I was relying on my memory for. That agrees with the reports I read before it was all covered up, blown away, and forgotten. And Myles was charged with assaulting an officer, but I think he really might have been kicked off the team because he couldn't outrun the officer. And I can see where the other guys probably thought Hughes, the starting DT, needed some help, he is only listed as 6' 4" and 312#. LOL

As I said, one man has already spent a year in prison for spitting on someone, and is sentenced to ten to twenty five. But nothing really happened to these animals that sent two people to the hospital. It really is hard to believe you can send a policeman to the hospital and get away with it, almost incredible.

But then it is UT. If this is the kind of crowd Dawson wants to hang with, (I don't think it is) let him go. There is NO doubt Hartline would have started the bowl game at UT.
Yawn. Please direct your anger over the judicial system in Kentucky to your local state representative. I cannot help that someone spitting on someone else landed them in the hoosegow.

John Brown
Denarious Moore
Darren Myles, Jr.
Da'Rick Rodgers
Matthew Milton

Do your homework, SPE. Please explain how you want Dooley to punish a player that is not, nor has he ever been, a part of the program. I'll wait for that answer but not with the expectation that you'll provide a decent answer. You yourself said the bar owner "claimed were involved in the fight." So since someone "claims" something, it makes it true? I heard Micah Johnson kicked in a door with a shotgun. So since I heard it, it must be true, right? I love the assumptions you make in this post. When attempting to make a point about King and Walls, you say, "Maybe this is because they were being punished for something else?" Yes, and maybe the sun will rise in the west and set in the east tomorrow. Probably not but maybe. "The original victim, Russell, identified Montario (it's actually Montori) Hughes and Denarious Moore as two of his attackers. He actually stated that Hughes started the fight." Wait a minute. Wait just a minute. You mean to tell me that a bar patron got in a fight and claimed the other guy started it? No! Can't be. I know every bar fight I've ever seen results in the guilty party trying to claim responsibility. Or, not so much. And the report was that one individual kicked someone while they were down but six were listed as potential suspects. So claim that 100 kicked a guy while he was down all you want but again, it's another false statement. You also fail to mention that the guy that was involved outside of the bar was an off-duty cop. Now, don't you think if an off-duty cop is beaten like that and was not at fault at all, the cops wouldn't be after anyone/everyone who played a role in the fight? Cops getting beaten up aren't taken lightly by their peers. Unless of course, said off-duty cop was intoxicated and also at fault in the situation. See, I can make assumptions as well. The argument about the bar owner seems to contradict itself as well. On one hand, you guys say the owner claims 7-10 were involved in the fight. The reports quote her as being awfully upset over the incident. If that's the case, then why weren't her video cameras working that night? That statement was posed in an earlier post and the poster alluded to it being part of some sort of shady cover-up. Well which is it? Is she pissed and trying to get the players or is she trying to help them? Or, maybe, she had a look at the video tapes and they told a different story altogether about who was at fault and decided to tell the cops the cameras weren't working that night. See what I did there? Made another assumption. Fact is, my assumptions have no basis and neither do yours. So the baseless information you posted proves nothing other than you don't know what happened.

Wow... really?

I have no idea what your first statement even means. As far as I know all of the people listed were UT football players. All of the people who were accused of assaulting two people at the bar, or outside of it, were on the UT football team. Dooley can very well punish any of those players for their actions that night. None of them were given a proper punishment for assaulting two people.

A bar owner that witnessed the fight said that there were 7-10 people involved. Strange that 7-10 were involved in a bar brawl and none were arrested for assault. That is a pretty big difference. Also quite a big difference between 5 and 10.

Yea, I made an assumption that these two were punished for something else. They certainly weren't punished for assaulting an off-duty officer and weren't punished for assaulting a fellow bar patron. If they were punished for that then it would probably be a much higher punishment than being suspended for a month. Which, I still don't understand how you get suspended for a month of working out. What kind of suspension is that? They don't even miss a day of fall practice. Ridiculous.

Yes... Russell claims that he accidentally bumped into Hughes while going to the bathroom. If you've ever been in Bar Knoxville you'll understand that this may very well be the case. That place is crammed tight as hell. As Jauk said, how many people are really going to have the nerve to walk up to a 6 foot 4 310 pound black man and start a fight with him? Not many. Especially when they see other large black football players hanging out with the guy.

Actually they never actually say how many people kicked the off duty officer (which, if you learned to read, I mentioned several times that he was an off duty officer). They were looking for one suspect, but that doesn't mean that it wasn't numerous people that assaulted him. He was after all, knocked to the ground, knocked unconscious, and kicked several times. Whether this was one person assaulting him or several the point is still that NO ONE was charged with assaulting the off duty officer and NO ONE was punished for assaulting him despite there probably being 100+ witnesses to the event. If you want to dispute the witness claim then you've apparently never been to the strip on a Thursday night.

I don't need to make the assumptions. I just throw out logical explanations. You apparently can't do that. I don't know why the cops didn't take more action against these individuals. I also don't know why the cops were in constant contact with Coach Dooley, who was out of town, immediately after the incident occurred. They started to treat the potential suspects differently right from the start. I also don't know why Montori Hughes was never questioned by the police despite him being the catalyst to the fight in one way or another (whether it be that he started it or that he was the first to be attacked). None of it really adds up which only adds to the stench of the bullshit wafting from the situation.

Wouldn't you be upset? Let's see... in the middle of your busiest night of the week there is a huge brawl involving upwards of 10 people that probably completely shuts your bar down and loses you a ton of money. Then, on top of that, the bar owner admits that she let these guys in as a VIP, which means that they can never come back because she admitted giving them illegal benefits that the NCAA has banned. There is a big difference between upset and pissed. She may be upset because this hurt her business, but that doesn't mean she is pissed directly at these players, whom she apparently knew on a first name basis.

Don't be ridiculous. If you can't see that this entire situation was ridiculous then I can't really help you. You are blinded by the orange glasses WAY too much. When it comes to UT football Knoxville is a corrupt town. This situation is the epitome of that corruptness. At least two people are assaulted and yet no one is punished in any form for those assaults? As I said, if a group of regular Joes get into a bar fight then they are probably all going to jail for the night and all of them will be charged with multiple crimes (disorderly conduct, assault/battery, aggravated assault, reckless endangerment, and public intoxication are all possible). However, when UT players get into a bar brawl somehow no one is charged with anything in regards to the actual brawl. Take the blinders off. If this happened at Alabama you'd be able to smell the BS from a mile away, but since it hits home in Vol country you're simply in denial.

Wow... really?

I have no idea what your first statement even means. As far as I know all of the people listed were UT football players. All of the people who were accused of assaulting two people at the bar, or outside of it, were on the UT football team. Dooley can very well punish any of those players for their actions that night. None of them were given a proper punishment for assaulting two people.

A bar owner that witnessed the fight said that there were 7-10 people involved. Strange that 7-10 were involved in a bar brawl and none were arrested for assault. That is a pretty big difference. Also quite a big difference between 5 and 10.

Yea, I made an assumption that these two were punished for something else. They certainly weren't punished for assaulting an off-duty officer and weren't punished for assaulting a fellow bar patron. If they were punished for that then it would probably be a much higher punishment than being suspended for a month. Which, I still don't understand how you get suspended for a month of working out. What kind of suspension is that? They don't even miss a day of fall practice. Ridiculous.

Yes... Russell claims that he accidentally bumped into Hughes while going to the bathroom. If you've ever been in Bar Knoxville you'll understand that this may very well be the case. That place is crammed tight as hell. As Jauk said, how many people are really going to have the nerve to walk up to a 6 foot 4 310 pound black man and start a fight with him? Not many. Especially when they see other large black football players hanging out with the guy.

Actually they never actually say how many people kicked the off duty officer (which, if you learned to read, I mentioned several times that he was an off duty officer). They were looking for one suspect, but that doesn't mean that it wasn't numerous people that assaulted him. He was after all, knocked to the ground, knocked unconscious, and kicked several times. Whether this was one person assaulting him or several the point is still that NO ONE was charged with assaulting the off duty officer and NO ONE was punished for assaulting him despite there probably being 100+ witnesses to the event. If you want to dispute the witness claim then you've apparently never been to the strip on a Thursday night.

I don't need to make the assumptions. I just throw out logical explanations. You apparently can't do that. I don't know why the cops didn't take more action against these individuals. I also don't know why the cops were in constant contact with Coach Dooley, who was out of town, immediately after the incident occurred. They started to treat the potential suspects differently right from the start. I also don't know why Montori Hughes was never questioned by the police despite him being the catalyst to the fight in one way or another (whether it be that he started it or that he was the first to be attacked). None of it really adds up which only adds to the stench of the bullshit wafting from the situation.

Wouldn't you be upset? Let's see... in the middle of your busiest night of the week there is a huge brawl involving upwards of 10 people that probably completely shuts your bar down and loses you a ton of money. Then, on top of that, the bar owner admits that she let these guys in as a VIP, which means that they can never come back because she admitted giving them illegal benefits that the NCAA has banned. There is a big difference between upset and pissed. She may be upset because this hurt her business, but that doesn't mean she is pissed directly at these players, whom she apparently knew on a first name basis.

Don't be ridiculous. If you can't see that this entire situation was ridiculous then I can't really help you. You are blinded by the orange glasses WAY too much. When it comes to UT football Knoxville is a corrupt town. This situation is the epitome of that corruptness. At least two people are assaulted and yet no one is punished in any form for those assaults? As I said, if a group of regular Joes get into a bar fight then they are probably all going to jail for the night and all of them will be charged with multiple crimes (disorderly conduct, assault/battery, aggravated assault, reckless endangerment, and public intoxication are all possible). However, when UT players get into a bar brawl somehow no one is charged with anything in regards to the actual brawl. Take the blinders off. If this happened at Alabama you'd be able to smell the BS from a mile away, but since it hits home in Vol country you're simply in denial.
John Brown never made it on the team as he never qualified. That's what the first statement means. I suppose Dooley should punish him though, right?

So you think that UT football has the power to overcome the bar owner saying that 7-10 people were involved and 100+ witnesses being able to testify to those 7 to 10 people being UT football players? Doubtful.

No, I've never been in Bar Knoxville, the place is a dump. I have seen the kind of patrons the place attracts and if you think for one second that a few of those cock-diesel idiots wouldn't start something with anyone else in the place, you're sorely mistaken. And quite frankly, I don't think it matters if the football players were black, white, or yellow. And yes, after spending four and a half years of my life at UT, I've been on the strip on a Thursday night or two.

I will readily admit that something happened in the bar that night. However, I will also trust that the police did all the could to "serve and protect." I would hope they would do this anytime something like this happened and I am sure they did so when one of their own was a victim here. The fact is, no charges were pressed and you cannot prove anything you are claiming so your argument holds no weight. Please continue babbling about this but this will be the last time I respond to a post about this as it does nothing to change any of these facts.

Seriously, just stop. You honestly don't know what you're talking about.
1. Players suspended - Marlon Walls (starting DT) and Greg King (2 deep LB); both were suspended one month
2. Dooley didn't feel the need to take any further action after speaking with the players, authorities, and everyone else involved. You, my friend, were not at the bar during the incident in question. Correct me if I am wrong there. Please tell me how you know 8 players were kicking one man in the head while on the ground. Better yet, tell me how you know one player did so.
3. I don't give a crap about what some local neck did to end up in the newspaper near where you live. Thanks for informing me though.
4. You are correct, the hostess deal was a bad move if the girls were made to go by the coaches. The flaw in your "Dooley is unethical" argument is that Dooley wasn't the coach when that took place. So, no, it's not logical to your argument.
5. This is long and I can't believe I'll waste my time on such a post to someone like you but since you are so misinformed, I'll humor you. You asked about the last 3 years so here goes:

2008 - signed zero 5*s and four 4*s. Of those four 4*s, Abrams-Ward left the program, Douglas transferred, Walls didn't qualify, and Williams just graduated

2009 - two 5*s and nine 4*s. Of those 5*s, Brown transferred and Jackson is still with the program. Of the 4*s, four are still in the program, two were kicked out of the program, one transferred, one didn't qualify, and one has been a non-contributor

2010 - one 5* and twelve 4*s. The 5* is going to be a starting WR for UT in 2011. Of the 4*s, three never qualified, one had his position switched from WR to DB right before the season started, six were contributors, and two were non-factors this season. (Not real sure why I have to explain freshmen anyway.)

In sum, over the course of the last three years and going by the average star ranking (puts everyone on an even playing feild regardless of number of commitments) UT has signed the #6 class in the SEC in 2008 (Bama, UF, LSU, UGA, USC), the #5 class in the SEC in 2009 (UF, UGA, Bama, LSU), and the #5 class in the SEC in 2010 (UF, Bama, AU, LSU - UGA was #6). Nationally, those same three classes ranked #35 in 2008, #10 in 2009, and #9 in 2010.

Those facts, when combined with two coaching staff changes over the course of the same time period don't exactly scream of impending success for a program. Would you not agree? The fact of the matter is, you are literally speaking of things you have put no research into. All of these facts can be found by simply searching Rivals.com. You don't even have to leave this site you're currently on. Please continue throwing around whatever misguided, misinformed, downright false information you want to but remember that these factual number tell a very different story.
By the way jauk11, still waiting on your answer to my response here. You asked why I wouldn't answer any of the questions posed about "the multitude of four and five stars UT signed the previous three years." Here is your explanation.

Wow... really?

John Brown never made it on the team as he never qualified. That's what the first statement means. I suppose Dooley should punish him though, right?

So you think that UT football has the power to overcome the bar owner saying that 7-10 people were involved and 100+ witnesses being able to testify to those 7 to 10 people being UT football players? Doubtful.

No, I've never been in Bar Knoxville, the place is a dump. I have seen the kind of patrons the place attracts and if you think for one second that a few of those cock-diesel idiots wouldn't start something with anyone else in the place, you're sorely mistaken. And quite frankly, I don't think it matters if the football players were black, white, or yellow. And yes, after spending four and a half years of my life at UT, I've been on the strip on a Thursday night or two.

I will readily admit that something happened in the bar that night. However, I will also trust that the police did all the could to "serve and protect." I would hope they would do this anytime something like this happened and I am sure they did so when one of their own was a victim here. The fact is, no charges were pressed and you cannot prove anything you are claiming so your argument holds no weight. Please continue babbling about this but this will be the last time I respond to a post about this as it does nothing to change any of these facts.

I don't keep up with who does and doesn't qualify at UT. I do know that the young man was accused of being one of the people in the bar. However, whether he qualified or not really shouldn't matter. He probably still made his way onto the campus during the summer and did summer workouts until it was clear that he did not qualify. If Dooley can punish two players even before the fall practice and school year starts then I think he could punish this kid who was probably working out with the team just like the others.

The more I read on this the less I actually believe the bull that comes out of Knoxville. In fact, it kind of disgusts me that I'll be going back there to practice law.

Definitely sounds like the police did all they could to serve and protect. They let upwards of 8 guys go free despite the fact that those 8 had broken the law by at least committing disorderly conduct (punishable by at most 30 days in jail) and some committing assault (class a misdemeanor). They should have at least been detained for the night. All parties, not just the UT players.

Let me know when you feel like contributing anything that pertains to the OP's original topic. I'll hang up and listen.

Didn't respond to your answer? Give me an answer that makes some sense I am tired of wasting my time. A strong case you made, the past three years in the top six in the incredible recruiting SEC and two years in the top ten NATIONALLY. THAT is your answer? LOL. LMAO. I'm rolling on the floor.

OK, enough, now my clothes are all dirty. Go away.

Since you failed so miserably with your last reply, maybe you can try AGAIN to explain how the TWO four stars that even played at all for UK this year compares to the multitude of them (AND the five stars) on UT's roster before you leave.

No, never mind, just go away. Please.

Didn't respond to your answer? Give me an answer that makes some sense I am tired of wasting my time. A strong case you made, the past three years in the top six in the incredible recruiting SEC and two years in the top ten NATIONALLY. THAT is your answer? LOL. LMAO. I'm rolling on the floor.

OK, enough, now my clothes are all dirty. Go away.

Since you failed so miserably with your last reply, maybe you can try AGAIN to explain how the TWO four stars that even played at all for UK this year compares to the multitude of them (AND the five stars) on UT's roster before you leave.

No, never mind, just go away. Please.
Dear God...this is borderline insanity. Mrschwump, you seem to have some sense here. Help me out. Jauk11, I'm not sure where to start since my last post was too complicated for you. I'll give it a whirl although, I'm not sure it's worth my time. Here's the OP:

If UK had that class...
So the OP is stating that he feels the Vols underachieve when considering the type of recruits that sign with them. Hence the title of the thread as well, "Underachieving Vols." He clearly states, "I think that UT does less with more than any team in the SEC." Again, his belief is that they are the most underachieving team in the Southeastern Conference when considering their recruiting. I have a different opinion and decided to defend UT. Here is my response to the OP:
You have a different opinion and one that lines up more closely with the OP's. This can be seen in your response to me here:

First, UT didn't have "seven 5* commits from the previous three years." Not sure where you got that number. Second, I love how you quickly glazed over the UGA topic and pushed it aside by saying, "Yes, Georgia underachieved greatly." Then you start discussing how you believe UK "overachieved" even though that wasn't the point of the discussion. Regardless, it's fine what you think about UK but you really didn't address the UGA topic even though it sounds as though you may agree with my thoughts there. After this, you begin your rant about Bar Knoxville that has nothing to do with this topic. I'll skip those posts to stay on topic here. However, at the end of one of those posts, you say this:
Why don't you answer any of the questions, what happened to the multitude of four AND five stars UT signed the previous three years, surely UT doesn't recruit that many stars that can't hack it in college in Phys Ed or found out that UT isn't really the place they wanted to be. Four and five stars dropping out doesn't reflect well on your program, and I know for sure most of them didn't drop out. I can tell you the four stars UK had play against UT, two JC transfers, can you give me a list that played for UT, or is it too long?
So you clearly want to know "what happened to the multitude of four AND five stars UT signed the previous three years?" This is exactly what you asked me. To this, I responded with the following:

Now, if you fully read that response and don't just skim over it, you'll notice that for the three years you questioned me on, UT signed a total of three 5-star players (not sure where you pulled seven from) and twenty-five 4-star recruits. I went on to give you a thorough explanation of "what happened to the multitude of four AND five stars UT signed the previous three years." Of those twenty-eight players, 17 are still with the program or were a JUCO and played out their eligibility last season. Of those 17, I said that three were non-contributors, one had his position changed before last season, and seven were true freshman during the 2010 season. If all you noticed was the national rankings I listed, then yes, 2009 and 2010 look decent. However, what your obvious lack of experience in the recruiting world doesn't allow you to realize is that rankings on paper do not automatically equate to success on the field. For instance, while three 4-star players certainly helped the Vols achieve that #9 ranking in 2010, they actually did not end up qualifying for school and therefore never saw the field. So while those national rankings look real pretty on paper, they don't tell you the real story. Now, as far as the SEC rankings go, as I said, UT finished #6, #5, and #5 in 2008, 2009, and 2010 respectively. Again these rankings were based on those kids that signed with UT and did not take into consideration those kids that didn't qualify. Nor does it reflect the class even one year later to include anyone that has transferred. Regardless, if you want to go by those rankings, they barely put us in the upper half of the conference. So regardless of where we were ranked nationally, we were barely good enough to get into the upper half of own conference. The national rankings therefore mean even less if UT is ranked 9th in the nation yet five of the teams ranked 1-8 are in the SEC. Now onto your request for an explanation of, "explain how the TWO four stars that even played at all for UK this year compares to the multitude of them (AND the five stars) on UT's roster." I'm sorry but please direct me to where you asked me to make such a comparison prior to this last post of yours. I don't see that anywhere. The OP's point is that UT is the most underachieving team in the SEC. Your points, prior to this last post, were that you agree with the OP. When did this become a debate of UT's classes vs. UK's classes?

I am sure you won't read even half of this post. You will somehow take some number in here, spin it to scream about some off-the-field issue that is completely off-topic or just resort to some type of "you don't make any sense and therefore I am getting my clothes dirty rolling on the floor" type of comment that a pre-teen would make. You asked me to to discuss the Rivals-ranked 4-star and 5-star players that UT has signed for the previous three recruiting classes. I did so. You somehow didn't understand. With this post, I have essentially attempted to draw a map from "point A" (the OP) to "point B" (your most recent post) for you. I hope you can follow along.

On another note, once a year Rivals will go back an revisit and re-rank recruiting classes from a couple of years prior and base these new rankings on how effective those classes have been on the actual playing field. I'd suggest reading that when they put it out as it shows you that their original rankings don't always correspond with future success and not just for the University of Tennessee.

Great post by Comebakatz03, but logic is lost on this guy. And yes, my bad on the seven 5*s in the past THREE classes. I have no idea how I screwed that up, but perhaps since the 07 class should still be on campus with their FIVE 5*s listed, I included them, and maybe one of them was shown twice or was a JC so gone so I didn't think listing eight would be fair.

So UT had EIGHT 5*s on the commit list for the past four years, UK has had ZERO since Couch, in state commit, OVER a decade ago. And you want to use the FACT that UT only finished in the top ten in the NATION twice in the past three years as an argument that UT hasn't under achieved? Do you want to look up how far ahead of Kentucky they ended up in their one "dismal" year of recruiting? LOL

Your reasoning and defense of the thugs being essentially charged with NOTHING with all that went on is ridiculous. Give it up and go away, please, I am tired of laughing and am getting sick thinking of the things some programs get away with. I still wonder if a booster didn't take care of the lost business AND the tapes before the cops, who "forgot" to ask for the tapes, came back----the next day. And I still wish you would check on what kind of car the victim is driving now.

But I am tired of wasting my time, it is just hard to ignore your nonsense, which you actually seem to believe.

Great post by Comebakatz03, but logic is lost on this guy. And yes, my bad on the seven 5*s in the past THREE classes. I have no idea how I screwed that up, but perhaps since the 07 class should still be on campus with their FIVE 5*s listed, I included them, and maybe one of them was shown twice or was a JC so gone so I didn't think listing eight would be fair.

So UT had EIGHT 5*s on the commit list for the past four years, UK has had ZERO since Couch, in state commit, OVER a decade ago. And you want to use the FACT that UT only finished in the top ten in the NATION twice in the past three years as an argument that UT hasn't under achieved? Do you want to look up how far ahead of Kentucky they ended up in their one "dismal" year of recruiting? LOL

Your reasoning and defense of the thugs being essentially charged with NOTHING with all that went on is ridiculous. Give it up and go away, please, I am tired of laughing and am getting sick thinking of the things some programs get away with. I still wonder if a booster didn't take care of the lost business AND the tapes before the cops, who "forgot" to ask for the tapes, came back----the next day. And I still wish you would check on what kind of car the victim is driving now.

But I am tired of wasting my time, it is just hard to ignore your nonsense, which you actually seem to believe.
Stay on topic. This thread has nothing to do with off-the-field issues. Regardless, you are clueless there as well. When it comes to the topic of debate, you have nothing to say to me so you change the subject to off-the-field issues. Read what I put in the other thread now as well. You want to discuss the five 5*s in 2007? Here goes - Berry was taken with the fifth pick in the 2010 NFL draft, Chris Donald transferred to UT-Chattanooga, Vinson was booted from the team, O'Neal quit the team, and Ben Martin has lost two full seasons due to a torn ACL and a torn achillies tendon. So, now that you know their situations, please explain how you want kids to contribute who left the program and one who's a gimp. I look forward to your terribly thought out and horribly spun comeback relating to some off-the-field issue that has nothing to do with this conversation. It's funny how two other posters on this very board have told me that I seem to be a reasonable Vol fan and have backed off of their original jabs at me. You, on the other hand, cannot seem to admit that I have torched you in every aspect of this "debate" and continue to try, albeit in a frivolous way, to claim that I am wrong. You have no knowledge of what it is you are talking about. You are too lazy to simply use Rivals or Google to look up a couple of facts to support your side of this "debate." Your retorts to me include either changing the subject, babbling your way through some "thought" that is marred with egregious facts about UT's past recruiting classes, and some juvenile description about the way in which you're laughing. The sad part of the whole thing is that you haven't given one single solid response to any of the multiple explanations I have given about "where all those 4* and 5* players ended up." You choose to ignore facts with each post you make. It's a shame every program has fans like you because you make the other, more intelligent posters/fans look bad. Well done.

OK, let's keep it simple. Class by class.

Since 07 recruits should have been seniors in 10 we start there, not 08.

07 five stars four stars
UT 5 11 1/2 seem to be going rate 5 played?
UK 0 1 (Stafford, never qualified)

UT 0 4 2?? play
UK 0 1 Boyd, mopup, maybe 10 plays?

UT 2 Jackson plays 9 4 play? another on squad
UK 0 3 JCs Matthews/Evans played, Moss not

UT 1 redshirt 11 6 play
UK 0 1 redshirt

So out of your five stars you got two years out of Martin, three stellar years from Berry, Jackson starts, and Rogers redshirts.

UK gets ZERO from ZERO.

Since UK got play from 4 of their eight 4 stars over the four years and your 09 and 10 seem about that I assumed you have about 17 of your 35 four star commits that contributed. (I don't care enough to research or to care what you say).

Obviously the 07 class was a top ten nationally class also, from the numbers. Any way you slice it you have infinitely more contributions from five stars and maybe 17 four stars contributing to 2.

But you went to OT with us last year and finished with the same LOSING record this year. You were fortunate to get to play an SEC team with zero four stars playing (Vandy) and one with 2 four stars playing (us), seven of our SEC foes averaged 39 4* commits the past four years, (includes you), plus 5*s. I would say you greatly underachieved for your talent. End of waste of time.

Also NO one gangbangs two men, kicking them while down, especially a cop, without going to jail-----except UT football players, with a coach (and fans like you) that excuses it.

Crap, my table got scrunched so not very readable, too bad.
This post was edited on 2/3 4:56 AM by jauk11

Perhaps you should read the article on Bleacher Report about the NCAA investigation of the Orange Pride, with UT having three months to reply. It even insinuates that they could follow Kiffin to USC because of it. I would guess the dummy's making fun of them at UT and now making fun of their recruiting restrictions (a couple of good years with loading up and he can skip again, probably the NFL, and leave USC holding the bag. Like he may have done at UT.

And the report about the man in jail wasn't about him going to jail, it was about him already serving A FULL YEAR in jail and facing 9 to 24 more years of the same, for SPITTING on someone. There is NO reasonable explanation of those thugs assaulting TWO men. one a cop, and having NO serious consequences, either from Dooley or the victims. Well, there is one, they were star players at UT. Also pretty telling that you would never set foot in the place because of the trash there, but a lot of UT's team were on a first name basis WITH comps, what does that tell you about them? You are known by the company you keep, which makes me wonder how responsible parents could let their sons go to UT.

Oh, I know, their great academic reputation is all over the front page now, with nothing about the recruiting class.

Perhaps you should read the article on Bleacher Report about the NCAA investigation of the Orange Pride, with UT having three months to reply. It even insinuates that they could follow Kiffin to USC because of it. I would guess the dummy's making fun of them at UT and now making fun of their recruiting restrictions (a couple of good years with loading up and he can skip again, probably the NFL, and leave USC holding the bag. Like he may have done at UT.

And the report about the man in jail wasn't about him going to jail, it was about him already serving A FULL YEAR in jail and facing 9 to 24 more years of the same, for SPITTING on someone. There is NO reasonable explanation of those thugs assaulting TWO men. one a cop, and having NO serious consequences, either from Dooley or the victims. Well, there is one, they were star players at UT. Also pretty telling that you would never set foot in the place because of the trash there, but a lot of UT's team were on a first name basis WITH comps, what does that tell you about them? You are known by the company you keep, which makes me wonder how responsible parents could let their sons go to UT.

Oh, I know, their great academic reputation is all over the front page now, with nothing about the recruiting class.
Title of the thread is about "Underachieving Vols." I will no longer respond to any messages about off-the-field issues. It has nothing to do with this thread and you only bring it up because you have no legit argument that is on-topic. And I can't be any clearer when I say, I don't care about the article you read in the paper about some random dude spitting on someone else. I DON'T CARE! I've read the Bleacher Report article. What do you want me to say about it? There's no doubt that Kiffin is an idiot. Does me saying that make you feel better? And I can't even tell if you're attacking UT with those comments or Lane Kiffin.

OK, let's keep it simple. Class by class.

Since 07 recruits should have been seniors in 10 we start there, not 08.

07 five stars four stars
UT 5 11 1/2 seem to be going rate 5 played?
UK 0 1 (Stafford, never qualified)

UT 0 4 2?? play
UK 0 1 Boyd, mopup, maybe 10 plays?

UT 2 Jackson plays 9 4 play? another on squad
UK 0 3 JCs Matthews/Evans played, Moss not

UT 1 redshirt 11 6 play
UK 0 1 redshirt

So out of your five stars you got two years out of Martin, three stellar years from Berry, Jackson starts, and Rogers redshirts.

UK gets ZERO from ZERO.

Since UK got play from 4 of their eight 4 stars over the four years and your 09 and 10 seem about that I assumed you have about 17 of your 35 four star commits that contributed. (I don't care enough to research or to care what you say).

Obviously the 07 class was a top ten nationally class also, from the numbers. Any way you slice it you have infinitely more contributions from five stars and maybe 17 four stars contributing to 2.

But you went to OT with us last year and finished with the same LOSING record this year. You were fortunate to get to play an SEC team with zero four stars playing (Vandy) and one with 2 four stars playing (us), seven of our SEC foes averaged 39 4* commits the past four years, (includes you), plus 5*s. I would say you greatly underachieved for your talent. End of waste of time.

Also NO one gangbangs two men, kicking them while down, especially a cop, without going to jail-----except UT football players, with a coach (and fans like you) that excuses it.

Crap, my table got scrunched so not very readable, too bad.
This post was edited on 2/3 4:56 AM by jauk11
As I said in the other thread, I am unaware of when this became a UT/UK comparison. By all means, have at it. Keep in mind, you can't aknowledge the fact that many of our recruits never even made it to school yet still call it a top-10 class nationally. You would need to look at the re-rankings that Rivals does for the classes once they're on campus. Apples and oranges. I'm confused as to what you want from me when posting all these rankings for UK. You want me to say, "OK, so UK recruits poorly and plays poorly?" That seems to be what you're trying to prove to me here.

I'm not exactly sure what your taking UT to OT in '09 proves either. However, if you want to pick and choose random games to try to support the point you're trying to make - which isn't even the topic of this thread - why not pick your bowl game this year? Why not the UK/Ole Miss game this year? How about MSU in '09? Vandy '08? Why not pick our games against UGA or USC in '09? I mean, all of those games have as much to do with this thread as the '09 UT/UK game.

Had to get the "kicking a man while he's down" in here again. Yawn.

I don't keep up with who does and doesn't qualify at UT. I do know that the young man was accused of being one of the people in the bar. However, whether he qualified or not really shouldn't matter. He probably still made his way onto the campus during the summer and did summer workouts until it was clear that he did not qualify. If Dooley can punish two players even before the fall practice and school year starts then I think he could punish this kid who was probably working out with the team just like the others.

Speculate much?

Dread

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT