ADVERTISEMENT

Underachieving Vols-what could UK do with this class?

"As I said in the other thread, I am unaware of when this became a UT/UK comparison. By all means, have at it. Keep in mind, you can't aknowledge the fact that many of our recruits never even made it to school yet still call it a top-10 class nationally."

Look at the title of the thread, dummy. I showed you where HALF of UK's meager number of four stars made it to UK, and you still can't acknowledge that UK had TWO four stars that contributed over the past three years while UT had about 20 on the team at all times, most of them contributing. Not to mention the contributions that you did get from the EIGHT five star commits you had.

The Rivals commit list above show that UT had EIGHT five star commits in the past four years, while UK had one---in the last century. You had THIRTY FIVE four star commits the past four years, UK had SIX that set a foot on campus. It is UT's fault if the caliber of recruits they bring in can't stay our of trouble or pass their classes, but they still had a TON more that played than UK did. When teams with that disparity in talent end up with the same record they DID underachieve. Greatly.

Don't you have more important things to do than show your stupidity on our board? I would think the article about the Orange Pride that all of you have pooh poohed all this time would be of a lot more interest to you. You aren't out of the woods on the thugs that you turned loose in Knoxville yet either, I would guess. Unless everyone was paid off. But then that is very plausible.

Go away, I can't waste any more time arguing with someone that can't recognize facts.

Originally posted by jauk11:
Don't you have more important things to do than show your stupidity on our board? I would think the article about the Orange Pride that all of you have pooh poohed all this time would be of a lot more interest to you. You aren't out of the woods on the thugs that you turned loose in Knoxville yet either, I would guess. Unless everyone was paid off. But then that is very plausible.

Go away, I can't waste any more time arguing with someone that can't recognize facts.
You really had me fooled there. I thought you were going to make it through a single post without turning to off-the-feild issues. I've read "the orange pride" article. I also listened to Brent Hubbs discuss this last night after presenting on the recruiting class. After hearing what he had to say, I think you may be disappointed with the outcome of "the orange pride article." Regardless, I hate to tell you but that staff is gone. If you would like to discuss them in more depth, I'd suggest hitting up the link below here.

Click It.

What a wonderful article, I got-----well, I wasted my time, thanks. want to read the one on Southern Pigskin, it has a lot to say. But no one on here fromm Vol La La land has ever acknowledged that there was the tiniest thing wrong with the OP recruiting trips. LOL

And speaking of changing the subject, I barely mentioned the OP article, don't you want to discuss the HUGE discrepancy in talent I listed?

What a wonderful article, I got-----well, I wasted my time, thanks. want to read the one on Southern Pigskin, it has a lot to say. But no one on here fromm Vol La La land has ever acknowledged that there was the tiniest thing wrong with the OP recruiting trips. LOL

And speaking of changing the subject, I barely mentioned the OP article, don't you want to discuss the HUGE discrepancy in talent I listed?
You "barely mentioned the OP article?" Really?
Perhaps you should read the article on Bleacher Report about the NCAA investigation of the Orange Pride, with UT having three months to reply. It even insinuates that they could follow Kiffin to USC because of it. I would guess the dummy's making fun of them at UT and now making fun of their recruiting restrictions (a couple of good years with loading up and he can skip again, probably the NFL, and leave USC holding the bag. Like he may have done at UT.
There's two posts you mention it in right there. Anyway, what "article" are you talking about wasting your time on and what is this Southern Pigskin crap? You've lost me completely. I'll acknowledge that those girls shouldn't have gone to that high school game. I'm not afraid to admit that. And, if Clay Travis' article proves to be true, and Reaves set the trip up, then obviously the Vols will pay for it. However, I am not going to sit here and apologize for the moves of a staff that is no longer at UT. If you want to discuss those clowns further, I'd suggest the USC and New Mexico boards since that's where those coaches are now employed.

I'm not quite sure what you are looking for with the "HUGE" discrepancy of talent between our two programs. Typically, what comes of such a discrepancy, is a few "Ws" by the team with the greater amount of talent. As such, the Vols have reeled off 26 in a row. What more do you want from them? Again, here is my first post in this thread:
Originally posted by CJNVol:
True freshman and UT is considered to be underachieving? Come on guys.....you're better than that. Any clue how hard it is for freshman OL to start in college? Any clue how many we started on the OL this year? Did you know that UT's depth is lacking so badly that they couldn't even field an entire travel squad to LSU this season? You think UT deserves the "less with more" title over UGA? If you say yes to that, well, I just don't know what to say.
That is a direct response to the OP. Where in that statement do I even mention UK? I clearly argue that I don't believe that UT deserves the "less with more" title over UGA. I never say that UT didn't underachieve. I just don't believe they are the biggest underachievers. However, the OP argues for their being underachievers due to the class they signed in 2010. That I will not agree with. I don't believe true freshmen, regardless of rankings, make a big enough impact on a football program to immediately turn things around. If you want to critique that class, I believe you should wait to do so until after the 2012 season when they have been there three years. Doing so at this juncture is just premature. So again, please let me know how you want me to address the difference in talent that our two programs possess. Since wins aren't a good enough measuring stick, I'm sort of at a loss right now as to how to respond.

The fact is that UT has probably out recruited UK every year of those 26 years, and the imbalance during probation and until the last couple of classes has been horrific, and during the past four years it has still been horribly imbalanced AS I HAVE SHOWN. Yet the games have been pretty competitive the past five years except for Phat Phil's swan song. Based strictly on the recruiting classes UK even being competitive in any of those years was a long shot.

Three top ten classes in the NATION in the past four years and UK is the one that has underachieved. LOL Our coaches would kill for those classes (but Sandy won't let them cheat).

Three top ten classes in the NATION in the past four years and UK is the one that has underachieved.
Show me where I said UK underachieved. Find the post and copy it for a response.

And in the time I was posting the last message, UT lost a 5* (Jackson), and two 4*s (Askew - who never played a down, and Meline) from the 2009 class. That means they've lost both 5*s in the class, 5/9 4*s, and a 3*. Just letting you know as you once asked, "what happened to all the 4* and 5* recruits?"

Nice, now we are talking. What happened to Jackson, did he draw the short straw for the latest robbery so he couldn't be the lookout or did he get banned for stupidity over the leading with the helmet?

Post again, but make it a little longer, maybe we can get rid of a few more.
This post was edited on 2/8 2:40 AM by jauk11

And, if Clay Travis' article proves to be true, and Reaves set the trip up, then obviously the Vols will pay for it.

Reaves didn't. Don't worry about it. So far all that has been suggested in the articles is they were instructed to have contact through facebook, texts, and phone calls. The fathers of Willis and Miller both have stated that their sons invited the 2 girls to come see them play a game in Byrnes. It obviously makes you wonder about a couple of 21 and 22 year old girls who will chase after 18 yr olds, but it wouldn't be the first time an older female is attracted to a younger man.

Dread

Originally posted by ZuiderZee:
And, if Clay Travis' article proves to be true, and Reaves set the trip up, then obviously the Vols will pay for it.

Reaves didn't. Don't worry about it. So far all that has been suggested in the articles is they were instructed to have contact through facebook, texts, and phone calls. The fathers of Willis and Miller both have stated that their sons invited the 2 girls to come see them play a game in Byrnes. It obviously makes you wonder about a couple of 21 and 22 year old girls who will chase after 18 yr olds, but it wouldn't be the first time an older female is attracted to a younger man.

Dread

Well, the "chase" becomes a lot more understandable when they are four and five star football recruits (Lattimore was also on the team, which might have helped the interest in high school kids).

Just from memory, but wasn't one football players father pretty upset with the physical contact the OP had with his son? Maybe from another school.

And I thought from your posts that Rogers redshirted this year, this is from a Rivals article on five stars:

"9. Tennessee WR Da'Rick Rogers
Buzz: Rogers finished his freshman season with 11 caches for 167 yards and two touchdowns. He caught a 45-yard touchdown pass in the Music City Bowl loss to North Carolina and had a 22-yard touchdown reception in a 50-14 triumph over Memphis. Five of his 16 catches came in the final two games of the season."

Also very interested in you losing Jackson, but I wouldn't be surprised at all. He has probably been recruited over, LOL.

Just from memory, but wasn't one football players father pretty upset with the physical contact the OP had with his son? Maybe from another school.

No. It was an AAU basketball coach out of Memphis, who it was reported has accused at least one other school of indiscretions but by the NCAA comes around his story changes. But even if a coed does get a little 'friendly' with a young athlete, it doesn't prove it was orchestrated by a coaching staff.

Dread

Nice, now we are talking. What happened to Jackson, did he draw the short straw for the latest robbery so he couldn't be the lookout or did he get banned for stupidity over the leading with the helmet?

Post again, but make it a little longer, maybe we can get rid of a few more.
This post was edited on 2/8 2:40 AM by jauk11
You know, sadly, what all of this boils down to is wins and losses. Slic up the recruiting however you want to but the bottom line is wins and losses. You cannot prove any of your assumptions and can't say 90% of your comments about off-the-field stuff is fact. So in the end, although I too believe UT should not have fallen off like they have, they continue to own your boys in blue on the gridiron. So insert any off-the-field comment or 4*/5* bust comment you want in response to this but if I were you, I'd be more concerned with learning to count to 27.

And I thought from your posts that Rogers redshirted this year, this is from a Rivals article on five stars:

"9. Tennessee WR Da'Rick Rogers
Buzz: Rogers finished his freshman season with 11 caches for 167 yards and two touchdowns. He caught a 45-yard touchdown pass in the Music City Bowl loss to North Carolina and had a 22-yard touchdown reception in a 50-14 triumph over Memphis. Five of his 16 catches came in the final two games of the season."
Why the hell would I say that a guy I watched play, all season long, redshirted? Again, as I have asked before, show me where I said that. Elementary reading comprehension is not your strongest attribute.

"2009 - two 5*s and nine 4*s. Of those 5*s, Brown transferred and Jackson is still with the program. Of the 4*s, four are still in the program, two were kicked out of the program, one transferred, one didn't qualify, and one has been a non-contributor

2010 - one 5* and twelve 4*s. The 5* is going to be a starting WR for UT in 2011. Of the 4*s, three never qualified, one had his position switched from WR to DB right before the season started, six were contributors, and two were non-factors this season. (Not real sure why I have to explain freshmen anyway.)"

Above is your statement on the past two classes.

Since your statement made it sound like Rogers was a non-factor this year (and speaking of talent, didn't they have a couple of pro prospects in front of him, which also made me think he might have redshirted), when in actuality if he played ONE down he would have contributed more than UK's five stars this century. And you had FOUR four stars in their second year PLUS a five star starter to our two four stars in their second year for UK. Plus four more that were freshmen, and as I said your four star QB was probably the difference in the game vs UK.

But yes, UT didn't have any more talent than UK, which had EIGHT two stars starting on defense a good part of the year. LOL

And you have to explain freshmen because at UK a four star is a huge disappointment if he doesn't start, as shown by our ONE last year redshirting.

But if you beat us again next year it will be because of your great coach coaching up the four stars, twelve again this year with six 5.7s, while UK will have TWO four stars, both freshmen, and a local player that hasn't played yet in his fourth year.

LOL. LMAO. Dirty clothes again. But Tennessee doesn't have any more talent than UK, your coach just does a great job. Give it up man, your argument is stupid.

It is refreshing to see what kind of recruits you attract though, the SIX that Kiffin brought in that were top 150 are all gone now, three after arrests, one not qualifying, and the other two probably disappointed that Dooley couldn't come through with what Kiffen promised.
This post was edited on 2/9 9:39 PM by jauk11

"2009 - two 5*s and nine 4*s. Of those 5*s, Brown transferred and Jackson is still with the program. Of the 4*s, four are still in the program, two were kicked out of the program, one transferred, one didn't qualify, and one has been a non-contributor

2010 - one 5* and twelve 4*s. The 5* is going to be a starting WR for UT in 2011. Of the 4*s, three never qualified, one had his position switched from WR to DB right before the season started, six were contributors, and two were non-factors this season. (Not real sure why I have to explain freshmen anyway.)"

Above is your statement on the past two classes.

Since your statement made it sound like Rogers was a non-factor this year (and speaking of talent, didn't they have a couple of pro prospects in front of him, which also made me think he might have redshirted), when in actuality if he played ONE down he would have contributed more than UK's five stars this century. And you had FOUR four stars in their second year PLUS a five star starter to our two four stars in their second year for UK. Plus four more that were freshmen, and as I said your four star QB was probably the difference in the game vs UK.

But yes, UT didn't have any more talent than UK, which had EIGHT two stars starting on defense a good part of the year. LOL

And you have to explain freshmen because at UK a four star is a huge disappointment if he doesn't start, as shown by our ONE last year redshirting.

But if you beat us again next year it will be because of your great coach coaching up the four stars, twelve again this year with six 5.7s, while UK will have TWO four stars, both freshmen, and a local player that hasn't played yet in his fourth year.

LOL. LMAO. Dirty clothes again. But Tennessee doesn't have any more talent than UK, your coach just does a great job. Give it up man, your argument is stupid.

It is refreshing to see what kind of recruits you attract though, the SIX that Kiffin brought in that were top 150 are all gone now, three after arrests, one not qualifying, and the other two probably disappointed that Dooley couldn't come through with what Kiffen promised.
This post was edited on 2/9 9:39 PM by jauk11
Did. Not. Read.

Thought I would post this on all the threads on here infested (so if you see this line again you have already read all this) by the UT fans that don't understand "go away".

I asked several times what happened to the incident where the four star DE was charged with assault for hitting a man from behind. Since you seem to be big Vol fans you would think you would have had some knowledge of what happened to him. Here is my post which explains why you didn't respond. By the way, this was on another thread about another Vol facing charges of domestic abuse. The post follows:

"An interesting note at the end of the story. I had asked numerous UT fans posting over here what happened to him, now it seems pretty obvious why none of them replied.

In that case a 6' 4" 265# FOUR STAR DE was charged for assault after hitting a man from behind (naturally) while he was dancing. Really, I guess he had no choice, he didn't have a bunch of his buddies to help him and it wasn't a woman.

So, according to the link, this is what happened to him:

"UT defensive end and former Ooltewah star Jacques Smith was arrested on a misdemeanor charge of simple assault in October following an altercation at a bar and did not miss any games."

Also, I would like some clarification on the suspensions two out of the eight players got from the bar attempted murders (a shoe can be considered a deadly weapon according to a story next to the domestic violence link yesterday) were supposed to have served, did they actually miss the 50-0 Tennessee Martin slaughter?

And Myers was kicked off because of a previous offense AND assault on an officer, NOT the bar kickings."

Thought I would post this on all the threads on here infested (so if you see this line again you have already read all this) by the UT fans that don't understand "go away".

I asked several times what happened to the incident where the four star DE was charged with assault for hitting a man from behind. Since you seem to be big Vol fans you would think you would have had some knowledge of what happened to him. Here is my post which explains why you didn't respond. By the way, this was on another thread about another Vol facing charges of domestic abuse. The post follows:

"An interesting note at the end of the story. I had asked numerous UT fans posting over here what happened to him, now it seems pretty obvious why none of them replied.

In that case a 6' 4" 265# FOUR STAR DE was charged for assault after hitting a man from behind (naturally) while he was dancing. Really, I guess he had no choice, he didn't have a bunch of his buddies to help him and it wasn't a woman.

"UT defensive end and former Ooltewah star Jacques Smith was arrested on a misdemeanor charge of simple assault in October following an altercation at a bar and did not miss any games."

Also, I would like some clarification on the suspensions two out of the eight players got from the bar attempted murders (a shoe can be considered a deadly weapon according to a story next to the domestic violence link yesterday) were supposed to have served, did they actually miss the 50-0 Tennessee Martin slaughter?

And Myers was kicked off because of a previous offense AND assault on an officer, NOT the bar kickings."
Don't even know why I checked this board again but I did. To answer your question, Smith is still on the team, Myles had one strike against him and after his role in the Br Knoxville incident, he was dismissed from the team, and finally, you still fail to mention that the folks at the hospital said that the off-duty officer's head injury indicated some type of blunt trauma such as the kind he would have suffered when he fell to the ground and hit his head on the ground. The injuries were not indicative of being kicked while down. So, they you go Jauk. Happy? I gave you answer to all three. I do not have an issue explaining any of those situations and I have never had an issue doing such. My issue is that you know you're getting reamed in this argument and so your tactic is to turn it towards off-the-field stuff. If you start a new thread about off-the-field stuff, that's where this would belong. Once again, your misinformed replies are marred with inaccuracies and you need to stop. You are wasting your time. If you want to stay on topic, get back to explaining how UT deserves the "does less with more title" over someone like UGA. If that doesn't sound appealing, just practice counting to 27 and then call it a day.

Originally posted by CJNVol:

Don't even know why I checked this board again but I did. To answer your question, Smith is still on the team, Myles had one strike against him and after his role in the Br Knoxville incident, he was dismissed from the team, and finally, you still fail to mention that the folks at the hospital said that the off-duty officer's head injury indicated some type of blunt trauma such as the kind he would have suffered when he fell to the ground and hit his head on the ground. The injuries were not indicative of being kicked while down. So, they you go Jauk. Happy? I gave you answer to all three. I do not have an issue explaining any of those situations and I have never had an issue doing such. My issue is that you know you're getting reamed in this argument and so your tactic is to turn it towards off-the-field stuff. If you start a new thread about off-the-field stuff, that's where this would belong. Once again, your misinformed replies are marred with inaccuracies and you need to stop. You are wasting your time. If you want to stay on topic, get back to explaining how UT deserves the "does less with more title" over someone like UGA. If that doesn't sound appealing, just practice counting to 27 and then call it a day.

Nice to see you back, I hadn't had a good laugh in a while.

What about the early stories from witnesses about EIGHT players beating up the man AND kicking him in the head while he was down. Of course they just kind of disappeared, like the victims did, maybe it was only the victim inside the bar, but it was reported. The hospital people said---what a joke, what kind of experts were they that could determine that? I still wish someone would check and see if the victims aren't driving new cars now, or maybe they just have new jobs, must be some reason they are so happy.

And I heard that both the guys ran into the same doorknob, but then I think that story started after the football players were all hustled off in the black UT sedans.

I think I had asked you before and I know I had asked other Vol fans what happened to your four star but had never gotten an answer. Now that I found out and published it you tell me what happened----NOTHING, but you don't bother to mention that.

How about my question about clarifying the "suspensions" the two players got, did they even miss the 50-0 romp over Tennessee Martin? Looks t me like you have a problem answering questions.

Speaking of staying on topic, what does Georgia underachieving have to do with the the discussion of the Vols vs Cats underachieving? And you forgot Texas.

And I love to hear about me getting reamed in this argument when YOU are the one that brings up the fact that UT had seven or eight five stars, twenty some four stars the last four years, AND top ten IN THE NATION recruiting classes three of the past four years, and top six in the SEC the other. But then I do think UK might have beat Vandy in recruiting most of those four years, you know, the school with no AD OR athletic department. Way to prove your point.

Thanks again. LOL
This post was edited on 2/21 6:24 AM by jauk11

Originally posted by ZuiderZee:

Dread

Nah, most women would take off on a more than 350 mile trip to see a couple of teenagers that they hadn't met before. Nothing really forward about that. Especially if you were picked for the prestigious job because of your propensity for teenagers. Then again, if you are selected to head up an elite group like that you should be expected to go above and beyond the call of duty.

Nah, most women would take off on a more than 350 mile trip to see a couple of teenagers that they hadn't met before. Nothing really forward about that. Especially if you were picked for the prestigious job because of your propensity for teenagers. Then again, if you are selected to head up an elite group like that you should be expected to go above and beyond the call of duty.
Hate to burst your bubble, Joke, but click the link. Go back and read Clay Travis' article on Bleacherreport.com all you want. Fact is, he jumped the gun on that article and you jumped it by bringing it up in this conversation. Keep pulling stories out of thin air though. You have a real talent for doing so.

Click Here

The hospital people said---what a joke, what kind of experts were they that could determine that?
Well, Joke11, out of your whole post, this comment right here is the one that really stands out to me. I'm almost at a loss for words. It's like I'm Harry and you're Lloyd on "Dumb & Dumber." "Just when I thought you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this...and totally redeem yourself!" For quite some time now, I have believed you to be at the top of the mountain with respect to idiocy. You're truly on top of your game there. However, in some ridiculous way, I can understand why you let your blind faith in the Cats taint your view of UT. You're a fan, I get it. However, now you have begun calling into question, the medical prowess of those that have gone to school for many years to make such a diagnosis as the one I mentioned. And on what grounds? Because their diagnosis doesn't fit into your conjured up story about the happenings of that night? A night that you weren't within 150 miles of? You've really outdone yourself this time. Bravo. I'll give the hospital a call tomorrow to let them know they have a few employees that are stealing paychecks from them. At least, according to Joke11 they are. They don't like the knowledge or skills to work in the medical industry.
And I heard that both the guys ran into the same doorknob, but then I think that story started after the football players were all hustled off in the black UT sedans.
You really do have quite the imagination, don't you? I'd ask if it's because you're an only child and therefore developed a great imagination when you were younger to amuse yourself but I think the answer is much simpler than that. You're just a complete fool with no friends so you imagination runs rampant while you amuse yourself in the present.
I think I had asked you before and I know I had asked other Vol fans what happened to your four star but had never gotten an answer. Now that I found out and published it you tell me what happened----NOTHING, but you don't bother to mention that.
"Published it?!" By posting something on a sports message board, you're now "published?" Again, comical. And I'll tell you what, I'll explain why I don't answer each and every one of your questions. In fact, I'll do it in one word. How about that? Here it is - Google. Got it? Google. I'm not going to make up for your most outstanding personal attribute - laziness - by doing all of your research for you. If you want answers to half the crap you've brought up, Google can answer it for you. However, that seems to be a tall task for you. I'm glad, three weeks after this discussion started, that you have still not figured out the whole Google thing. I wonder how long it would take my terrier to figure it out if I put her in front of this laptop. I don't really know but I can guaran-damn-tee it wouldn't be three weeks.
How about my question about clarifying the "suspensions" the two players got, did they even miss the 50-0 romp over Tennessee Martin? Looks t me like you have a problem answering questions.
No problem at all, in fact. Once you gain some reading comprehension skills, you'll notice that this was addressed almost three weeks ago. Although in saying that, I'm fully aware that it'll most likely take you another three weeks to find the answer to this issue.
Speaking of staying on topic, what does Georgia underachieving have to do with the the discussion of the Vols vs Cats underachieving? And you forgot Texas.
Well, again, reading comprehension skills would serve you well. In my original response to this message, I clearly state that I don't believe UT deserves the "more with less" title over UGA. I was never comparing UT and UK. You did that. Can you briefly elaborate on your Texas comment? To say that was out of left field would be an understatement. Oh yeah, and by the way, you couldn't even make it through this most recent response by staying on topic and away from off-the-field issues. You're a clown and "debating" this with you is old and tiresome.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT