ADVERTISEMENT

UNCheat goes before infractions committee Wed.

Smashcat

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 13, 2012
http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/unc/unc-now/article167178147.html

Q. Who is on the infractions committee?

A. Seven NCAA Committee on Infractions members will hear UNC’s case. Those seven members, and their affiliations:

▪ Greg Sankey (committee chairman), Commissioner of the Southeastern Conference

▪ Carol Cartwright, president emerita of Kent State and Bowling Green State Universities

▪ Alberto Gonzalez, dean and professor of law at Belmont University College of Law

▪ Eleanor Myers, law professor emerita and interim associate dean for students at Temple University

▪ Joseph Nova, retired college football coach, Northern Illinois University

▪ Larry Parkinson, director of Office of Enforcement for Federal Energy Regulatory Commission

▪ Jill Pilgrim, attorney and co-founder of Precise Advisory Group in New York, N.Y.

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/unc/unc-now/article167178147.html#storylink=cpy

DGyIw8bXUAAq3we.jpg

Last edited:
Ole Roy will say I cant believe you made me come all the way down here to talk about this junk !! you know I don't know everything that's going on with the players !! Just that I get money for them making the deans list (Wink)

Reactions: IdaCat
Hopefully the committee won't tell them that they are sorry for putting them through all of this trivial trash and ban Cleveland State.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
The meeting with the NCAA was today so when will it be made public? Doesn't both sides have to redact names and such?

▪ Alberto Gonzalez, dean and professor of law at Belmont University College of Law

Former Attorney General under GW Bush, and, IIRC, author of the so-called "Torture Memo" that justified "enhanced interrogation techniques" by analogizing to completely unrelated parts of U.S. Code. In that sense, he is UNC's worst nightmare: 1) willing to engage in ends justifying the means (to get around their technicality arguments), and 2) willing to inflict punishment to serve an end goal (the continued viability of the NCAA as an institution).

"The infractions committee could accept the NCAA Enforcement Staff’s case, or the committee could alter the charges in some way, either by adding additional ones or rejecting arguments the enforcement staff has made"

link

Reactions: TM2013
Why redact names? I thought the issue is they never attended class anyway so there should be no need to redact names..:rolleyes:

With 4-5 Level 1 infractions, I don't see how they can skate..Something's gotta happen or UL will come unglued..
4 or 5 level on infractions is that all that junk Ole Roy keeps not talking about ? Wonder I he had to talk about it today

UNC will no show as they can't read a calendar nor tell time.

I think they really are THAT dumb. Here is a post I saved from last year because it was so classic:

"Nick Horvath responded
You are obviously clueless about this situation if you think that LOIC and "probation" are even remotely close to the worst that can come out of this for UNC. LOIC and probation are exactly what UNC wants. Those are vague terms that are just juicy and might "sound" bad, but in reality, they don't impose any specific punishments."

8-12 weeks huh? So mid-October or later, the very start of the season. If penalties come down the timing will be exquisite. That and other things have swung my opinion to thinking they are going to get penalized to some degree. I believe I read where the NCAA's response to UNC's latest "it's an academic issue" was it doesn't matter, it's still very much within their domain. We were put on probation in part because a player was accused of cheating on an entrance exam. Wouldn't that qualify as an "academic" issue?

Time for the NCAA to set the stage for anyone daring to cheat students out of a legit education.

Also time for Roy to take his medicine and watch his career stats take a nose dive.

No self punishments, no self-admittance of bucking the system and no apologies to anyone who was given a rogue degree in AAStudies.

I'm willing to wait this out and make sure this story is the top story of the week so Jay Bilas can cry along with Roy.

The ACC shouldn't stand for 'Another Corrupt College' but it sure does fit.

ADVERTISEMENT