ADVERTISEMENT

UNC Case Could Drag on Into 2017

Smashcat

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 13, 2012
Andrew Carter ‏@_andrewcarter 5m5 minutes ago
Mark Emmert says UNC should receive amended NOA in "very near future." (OK, Mark.) http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/unc/unc-now/article69412102.html…

Since August, though, UNC has been awaiting an amended NOA. The reciept of the NOA, though, will not represent an end point as much as it will a new beginning.

Once UNC receives the amended NOA, it will have 90 days to respond to it. Then the NCAA will have about a month to issue a response to the response, and to set a date before the NCAA Committee on Infractions, which is the judge and jury in infractions case.

Once UNC appears before the infractions committee, it could take another 12 weeks – or more – before the committee issues a final ruling in the case. Which means that the case could drag on into early 2017.

Emmert described the UNC case as “a very complex circumstance.” He said it'd be “premature” to say when UNC will receive that amended NOA.

“But they're certainly getting to the end of the road on it.”

Reactions: dynastydreamuk
Could that be a result of Dan Kane's article publicizing the fact that UNCheat definitely lied to them about the limit on certain types of classes? If so, he was responding to something UNCheat put out recently. Could it be that UNCheat keeps releasing stuff in dribs and drabs purposely dragging this out so that people get sick of following it? It's already happening with a lot of media types who started taking up for Williams and agreeing that it's not an athletic issue. Outside of a few writers and fanbases, nobody is really clamoring for this wrap up, which is just fine with them. Maybe not Roy, but the higher ups are making the calls, not him.

Could that be a result of Dan Kane's article publicizing the fact that UNCheat definitely lied to them about the limit on certain types of classes? If so, he was responding to something UNCheat put out recently. Could it be that UNCheat keeps releasing stuff in dribs and drabs purposely dragging this out so that people get sick of following it? It's already happening with a lot of media types who started taking up for Williams and agreeing that it's not an athletic issue. Outside of a few writers and fanbases, nobody is really clamoring for this wrap up, which is just fine with them. Maybe not Roy, but the higher ups are making the calls, not him.
I think you're exactly right. We as a society are very forgiving and love to give second chances. Outside of Kentucky and a few fanbases, most people are going to start feeling sorry for Ole Roy and all their troubles and actually have sympathy for them. Many will assume they have already been punished. This is going exactly as UNC and the NCAA planned.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them announce a self-imposed ban for next season.

I see. So it's nowhere near the conclusion. But it's starting to get near the point where we're approaching the tunnel that leads to where we can see the BEGINNING of the conclusion off in the distance.

Translation: the longer we drag it out, the more people will forget about it when we do nothing.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them announce a self-imposed ban for next season.
Wouldn't be remotely enough to make up for what they did.

I'm fine with this dragging on into 2017 if UNC doesn't win the title this year, it continues to affect their recruiting, and the new NOA includes the damning evidence just unearthed by Kane.

Time heels all pain. They will let so much time pass and give them a slap on the wrist and most will think it is fair. They have delayed this on purpose.

th
The only fair resolution for UNC.

As has been repeated...this is all about dragging feet so UNC can make a final run with the best squad they've had since 2012 this year in hopes of winning a title...then they'll self impose some weak mess and maybe even get upgraded post season ban next year when it doesn't matter.

This would be the same as if UK were to post season ban the year we had Noel, Goodwin, Polson, Wiltjer, etc..wasn't going to matter since that was a down team so take your hits when it doesn't mean anything. And NCAA will feed that mess to the public as holding UNC feet to the fire.

Even though I don't like these teams...why SMU and UL took a post season ban is beyond me. I'd have pointed right to UNC and court systems before I'd self impose a single thing from now on

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT