ADVERTISEMENT

UNC*** with another delay

First two paragraphs:

CHAPEL HILL, N.C. — The University of North Carolina will respond to the NCAA’s third Notice of Allegations Tuesday on schedule, although the public release of the response may be delayed, according to the school.

Rick White, Associate Vice Chancellor of University Communications, said the plans to meet deadline for the response are on schedule, however, university officials said the public version of the redacted release “may take a few days.

Not much of a delay

First two paragraphs:

CHAPEL HILL, N.C. — The University of North Carolina will respond to the NCAA’s third Notice of Allegations Tuesday on schedule, although the public release of the response may be delayed, according to the school.

Rick White, Associate Vice Chancellor of University Communications, said the plans to meet deadline for the response are on schedule, however, university officials said the public version of the redacted release “may take a few days.

Not much of a delay

Yep, Memorial Day weekend.

Misleading thread topic IMO. They did not get a delay to file their response. They are just delaying releasing it their response to the public. Could be a good sign; especially if they release it on Friday afternoon.

Bubba says 2 years, its been at least 4, but it sure has seemed like 10 years. They have denied and deflected and then bringing in one player at a time.

What next, Wayne Walden wants to come in and put this investigation back on track?

Carolina Legal Team's philosophy: Dodge...Dive...Dip...Duck...Dodge!

xxx_zx21382_d_dodgeball_mov.jpg

Seems it's been the plan all along - put it off to the point where the NCAA won't feel compelled to issue any serious punishment. Let the outrage die down.

Misleading thread topic IMO. They did not get a delay to file their response. They are just delaying releasing it their response to the public. Could be a good sign; especially if they release it on Friday afternoon.
A delay is a delay. It's misleading due to your poor reading comprehension.

They just figure the more steps that it takes; delays, small bits of news, whatever; the more it all runs together and people lose track. That way they figure the committee won't feel the pressure from people to do the right thing. Honestly, I think it'll probably work.

What part of this are you not understanding?
"public release likely to be delayed"
I understand that fine. What part of "public" don't you understand. You do realize filing with the NCAA and releasing their response publicly are not the same thing, right?

Article clearly stated that UNC was filing their response with the NCAA by today's deadline. Therefore, the NCAA did not give them another extension and proceedings are not delayed. The only thing delayed is UNC releasing their redacted filing to the general public.

But hey feel free to keep on thinking I'm the one with comprehension issues. I've spent more effort on this than was necessary already.

I understand that fine. What part of "public" don't you understand. You do realize filing with the NCAA and releasing their response publicly are not the same thing, right?

Article clearly stated that UNC was filing their response with the NCAA by today's deadline. Therefore, the NCAA did not give them another extension and proceedings are not delayed. The only thing delayed is UNC releasing their redacted filing to the general public.

But hey feel free to keep on thinking I'm the one with comprehension issues. I've spent more effort on this than was necessary already.
The key word is "delay". Title of the thread is UNC*** with another "delay". The linked article says public response likely to be "delayed". No where in my title did I state UNC's response to the NCAA is delayed. You concluded it was about the response to the NCAA. Hence, the poor reading comprehension remark. Have a nice day.

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT