ADVERTISEMENT

UL fans hoping for Cronin

Louis_Skunt

Senior
Oct 4, 2013
I dont get it, he kind of sucks. Ive seen on multiple sites them pushing for Cronin, i thought maybe they'd want to shoot a little higher.

He's been a coach for 19 years and he's only been passed the Elite 8 ONCE. And dont forget how terrible UCLA is this year, they're 14-15 right now. How you can have a losing record at UCLA is beyond me.

It would be a terrible hire because they'd be stuck in mediocrity again, similar to the squirelly bald man, but i like it. Hope this happens.

He fits Louisville perfectly. And he won’t win big here at all, I still can’t believe UCLA wanted him. Kind of shows what kind of program that is these days.

Louisville isn’t an elite job anymore so who knows if he’ll even care. They’re going back to mid major, have little fan support, aren’t even the big ticket in their own city, and totally tainted. It’s never going to be what Crum / Pitino made it seem.

I think in time they’ll end up with average hires and no name assistants.

He fits Louisville perfectly. And he won’t win big here at all, I still can’t believe UCLA wanted him. Kind of shows what kind of program that is these days.

Louisville isn’t an elite job anymore so who knows if he’ll even care. They’re going back to mid major, have little fan support, aren’t even the big ticket in their own city, and totally tainted. It’s never going to be what Crum / Pitino made it seem.

UL had a run in the 80s by getting extremely lucky on hiring Crum. That should have been it. Mid-Major school hires once in a generation coach. They were dead in the water before Denny. And they only got Pitino because he wanted to be back in KY coaching. (Louisville isn’t Kentucky, but Indiana but alas). That’s why it’s funny seeing UL fans beat their plates for EXCELLENCE. And acting like they need to return to past glory. Lol, you’re a mid major who got lucky on two hires. It’s over.

I never hear anyone talk about Louisville outside of this board. I hardly ever see their gear either. Maybe a few hoodies here and there. They’re a nationally irrelevant program. Only recognized because their “rivalry” with us. I don’t even see them as a rival. Just a weird commuter school. Manufactured rivalry by clever marketing from Crum. UK’s real rivals are UNC, Kansas, Duke, UCLA, Uconn, and indiana.

Last edited:
UL had a run in the 80s by getting extremely lucky on hiring Crum. That should have been it. Mid-Major school hires once in a generation coach. They were dead in the water before Denny. And they only got Pitino because he wanted to be back in KY coaching. (Louisville isn’t Kentucky, but Indiana but alas). That’s why it’s funny seeing UL fans beat their plates for EXCELLENCE. And acting like they need to return to past glory. Lol, you’re a mid major who got lucky on two hires. It’s over.

I never hear anyone talk about Louisville outside of this board. I hardly ever see their gear either. Maybe a few hoodies here and there. They’re a nationally irrelevant program. Only recognized because their “rivalry” with us. I don’t even see them as a rival. Just a weird commuter school. Manufactured rivalry by clever marketing from Crum. UK’s real rivals are UNC, Kansas, Duke, UCLA, Uconn, and indiana.

My thoughts on it exactly. Pitino elevated that job and that’ll be the last time they have any relevance whatsoever.

Nationally, Louisville isn’t thought of, I’ve said it many times. Coaches looking for top programs aren’t thinking about Louisville. People from the Lexington area / Louisville area don’t realize this.

Good. He sucks and he's easy to hate. Win win.
the big bang theory sheldon GIF

Flavor of the Month for them just like it is here after a loss. Want in one hand and shit in the other, see which one fills up first. If I am Cronin, make UCLA fire me and get the $20 million buyout.

Reactions: chroix
Id love to beat his ass for a couple years until they hire whatever POS that’s up next.

I hope they get him because he is easy to dislike. Smug, pompous, angry little troll. It'll be fun to hate UL again. It's hard to have any feelings toward UL now because they're so irrelavant.

Correction: what Peck Hickman, Crum, and Pitino made it seem. UL was first rate even before Denny Crum. Top 10 in wins, iirc.

Reactions: kdh1716

And I hope it stays this way for many more years.

It would be the highlight of my basketball season getting to smack up on midget Mick once a year. Imagine Mick climbing up a ladder to cut down a piece of a net. That's a damn expedition for the little guy

And I hope it stays this way for many more years.

Correction: what Peck Hickman, Crum, and Pitino made it seem. UL was first rate even before Denny Crum. Top 10 in wins, iirc.

I don’t think lou would have survived had Pitino not taken the job. They would have died years ago. This was always coming it’s another Indiana lite situation. They’re not nationally thought of, they’re overshadowed even in their own city. They’re going back to mid major status soon…this is not a recipe great coaches aspire to taste.

It’s pretty obvious to me. They’ll be hiring “who” coaches from here on out. That’s why they took Payne in the first place.

"How you can have a losing record at UCLA is beyond me."

I thought the same thing 2 years ago, Does 9-16 ring a bell? It happens when the level of talent and unforseen items, injuries, etc take over. UCLA will come back as we have. Cronin is crazy to pick UL over UCLA imo. The weather and the environment are just 2 reasons. I live in the LA area and love this place except for the political "lefties" starting with the Govenor and the LA Attorney General.
Time will tell if they get rid of Payne and then try to land a high rated coach.

The Colonel

I dont get it, he kind of sucks. Ive seen on multiple sites them pushing for Cronin, i thought maybe they'd want to shoot a little higher.

He's been a coach for 19 years and he's only been passed the Elite 8 ONCE. And dont forget how terrible UCLA is this year, they're 14-15 right now. How you can have a losing record at UCLA is beyond me.

It would be a terrible hire because they'd be stuck in mediocrity again, similar to the squirelly bald man, but i like it. Hope this happens.
Not true it’s 90% against Mick
Fans want Beard Mussleman Drew or Donavan

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT